Chapel House Motor Company Limited Advertising Banner
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Good Friday Tickets

Learning All The Songs The Verminator's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Gray77 View Post
    Why Wigan have done it will he interesting to find out.
    You'll probably have to direct your question to Wigan Athletic!
    WON'T SOMEONE PLEASE THINK OF POOR BEN FLOWER?!

If this was any other game with allocated seating people wouldn't even mention it. Just because it used to be unreserved it doesn't give people the right to act selfishly and sit in the wrong place - that's the ONLY thing that will cause any disruption. Get tickets with whom you want to be with. It's not that tricky. Might be a good idea for the ticket office staff to reiterate the situation at the point of sale to avoid confusion
    Last edited by Sean Day; 20th March 2017 at 21:15.

Quote Originally Posted by The Yellow Giraffe View Post
    Because SKY always show one game at dinner and one mid-afternoon and ours has been chosen as the dinner time game this year.
    As we all have our dinner at different times what time is that.
    St Helens Openwater Swimming Society

Looking out from the top of Table Mountain

In The North Stand With All The Old Folk The Yellow Giraffe's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Sean Day View Post
    If this was any other game with allocated seating people wouldn't even mention it. Just because it used to be unreserved it doesn't give people the right to act selfishly and sit in the wrong place - that's the ONLY thing that will cause any disruption. Get tickets with whom you want to be with. It's not that tricky. Might be a good idea for the ticket office staff to reiterate the situation at the point of sale to avoid confusion

I agree that problems will only occur if people fail to sit in their seat. However it's still a ridiculous decision from Wigan.
    NEVER WRITE OFF THE SAINTS

Quote Originally Posted by The Yellow Giraffe View Post
    I agree that problems will only occur if people fail to sit in their seat. However it's still a ridiculous decision from Wigan.
    I agree, it is strange.

Quote Originally Posted by Blobbynator View Post
    Buy tickets with your mates then. I won't be impressed one bit if someone is in my seat and refuses to move.

I don't agree with the decision but they've made the decision so live with it.
    I second this.
    Ill be sat with the people I want to in a seat I want to and if anyone is already sat there i'd be very annoyed.

WARNING! PIE EATER!

You have three and a half weeks to sort it. Telephone/text/facebook/dm your mates, it's not rocket science (good job), Son in law has sorted he's out already. I wouldn't sit in his seat

In The South Stand

Never ever any trouble first couple of season at the piedome.

Quote Originally Posted by Rogues Gallery View Post
    You have three and a half weeks to sort it. Telephone/text/facebook/dm your mates, it's not rocket science (good job), Son in law has sorted he's out already. I wouldn't sit in his seat

•••• off Brian.

In The North Stand With All The Old Folk

Default Good Friday Tickets

Quote Originally Posted by RV12 View Post
    As for the atmosphere issue, it doesn't seem to have too much of an impact at games with reserved seats or at football games. If we deliver on the pitch, then we'll make a hell of a lot of noise.
    It makes a massive difference. Part of the main problem with diluted atmospheres at Premier League grounds is the noisiest fans being dotted around everywhere and not in one block due to reserved seating.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Learning All The Songs

It's not easy when you've only sent us around 800 tickets. Are Wigan trying to keep us all in one area only sending a block of tickets at a time?

Quote Originally Posted by zippy View Post
    It's not easy when you've only sent us around 800 tickets. Are Wigan trying to keep us all in one area only sending a block of tickets at a time?

Just don't go. Don't give the scumbag horror club your cash.

Starting A Programme Collection greggo's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Ralph Fridge View Post
    Just don't go. Don't give the scumbag horror club your cash.
    I, ll be there but your right they are playing mindgames the scum but if thats what they want bring it they know we won, t bow down

Starting A Programme Collection Oldham_Saint's Avatar

Bought ours, 5 halfway up just in case it chucks down like last year.

As for the tickets themselves don't blame the Worriers, they're only doing as they've been told too by their landlords. AGAIN!!!
    RHINO balls are like Bon Jovi albums - Slippery When Wet

ST HELENS RFC - Back in business, Thank you Justin Holbrook.

"I turn the TV volume down because these comedians on SKY are speaking a load of rubbish. They're making a simple game complicated with their long-winded, pointless jargon". Kevin Ashcroft

...I think it's a fair slogan for the World Cup. If you come to England and you don't like the weather, TOUGH TITTIES!!! Andrew Voss, PNG vs Samoa, 4:Nov:13

Learning All The Songs

Do you still get the hard saints fans who throw ale up into the air soaking everyone. I'm surprised this has never been dealt with by the stewards at Wigan.

Got A Season Ticket

Quote Originally Posted by pramtown View Post
    Do you still get the hard saints fans who throw ale up into the air soaking everyone. I'm surprised this has never been dealt with by the stewards at Wigan.

This could be one of the reasons they are doing it. The stewards must see full pints being lashed down on our fans and thought the easiest way to stop it is split the group up at the back of the stand.

WARNING! PIE EATER!

The majority of Saints fans have allocated seats in the North or South Stand when at home. So what's the problem having allocated seats in the North Stand at Wigan? Whinge moan, somethings never change. Anyway a few on here say they are not going to another away game until Cunningham goes, so that should free up some space.

The majority of Saints fans have allocated seats in the North or South Stand when at home. So what's the problem having allocated seats in the North Stand at Wigan? Whinge moan, somethings never change. Anyway a few on here say they are not going to another away game until Cunningham goes, so that should free up some space.
    Seriously get a life you sad old man. Is your wife that boring you need to come on here every day trying to get a reaction from us lot? You're a grown man for for ••••'s sake.

Learning All The Songs The Verminator's Avatar

In your (self certified) expert opinion, why have the football team decreed this? What's their reason?
    WON'T SOMEONE PLEASE THINK OF POOR BEN FLOWER?!

WARNING! PIE EATER!

Quote Originally Posted by The Verminator View Post
    In your (self certified) expert opinion, why have the football team decreed this? What's their reason?
    I don't know who or why the decision has been made, there's no reason given on either clubs official sites, but as I've said I don't see any problem. Contact your friends, ask who's going, check the seating plan and book your seats. The majority have allocated seating at Saints anyway.

As for the YG, I'm not trying to get a reaction, just stating facts, which he doesn't seem to like /understand. I wonder if he has an allocated seat at Saints?

I don't know who or why the decision has been made, there's no reason given on either clubs official sites, but as I've said I don't see any problem. Contact your friends, ask who's going, check the seating plan and book your seats. The majority have allocated seating at Saints anyway.

As for the YG, I'm not trying to get a reaction, just stating facts, which he doesn't seem to like /understand. I wonder if he has an allocated seat at Saints?
    Yes I do thanks.

You aren't just stating facts, you're deliberately trying to goad people and get a reaction. You're pathetic. I actually pity you if you feel the need to do that at your age.

In The North Stand With All The Old Folk

I have always given you a pass on here, because most of the time I'm not particularly offended by you. And, whilst this isn't particularly offensive either, it is a deliberate attempt to wind us up. So, why? Why do you think you need to comment on this? Do you just back every decision made by Wigan regardless of whether it actually has any impact on you or not?

Let me answer this clearly. Most people have their spec at home games, and this is not a big deal because home games are in the main are standard affairs. Some like to sing and shout and gather with mates. There is an option for them, and it's called the West stand. Some like a good spec, and are not that fussed about standing up or creating an atmosphere. For them there is the North and South stand. There are options available, you see?

Now, Wigan away on Good Friday is not a standard affair. It is our biggest away game of the season, and for as long as this fixture has been played at the DW there has been an unofficial acceptance that those who create the atmosphere in the away end can stand on the back 8-10 rows and not be told to sit down. Those who don't wish to stand up, who want a good spec and don't wish to be amongst the more vocal elements sit anywhere else in the stand other than those top 8-10 rows. There are options, you see?

Now, those options have disappeared. Those wishing to stand at the back and be the vocal presence that our team needs in these games will risk not being able to stand there. Those not wishing to be within the vocal section will now have vocal pockets standing up around them in various parts of the stand, and those pockets will not be anywhere near as effective at making constant noise if surrounded by those people telling them to sit down, pipe up etc. It seems to me like an attempt by Wigan to dilute the noise coming from our end, and it will work.

Forget the nonsense about fans being noisy regardless of the situation. Fans need like-minded people around them. It creates a pack mentality, with fans feeling able to contribute noise if those around them are doing likewise. Grand Final and Cup Final crowds are nowhere near the sum of their parts despite there being many more fans there than average games. Why? Because the vocal elements are split up and are surrounded by the non-vocal majority. It lessens the vocal pockets enthusiasm for making noise, and it dilutes everything.

I am amazed that match going fans don't understand this, and amazed that so many don't seem to think that it is important.

Quote Originally Posted by Gray77 View Post
    I have always given you a pass on here, because most of the time I'm not particularly offended by you. And, whilst this isn't particularly offensive either, it is a deliberate attempt to wind us up. So, why? Why do you think you need to comment on this? Do you just back every decision made by Wigan regardless of whether it actually has any impact on you or not?

Let me answer this clearly. Most people have their spec at home games, and this is not a big deal because home games are in the main are standard affairs. Some like to sing and shout and gather with mates. There is an option for them, and it's called the West stand. Some like a good spec, and are not that fussed about standing up or creating an atmosphere. For them there is the North and South stand. There are options available, you see?

Now, Wigan away on Good Friday is not a standard affair. It is our biggest away game of the season, and for as long as this fixture has been played at the DW there has been an unofficial acceptance that those who create the atmosphere in the away end can stand on the back 8-10 rows and not be told to sit down. Those who don't wish to stand up, who want a good spec and don't wish to be amongst the more vocal elements sit anywhere else in the stand other than those top 8-10 rows. There are options, you see?

Now, those options have disappeared. Those wishing to stand at the back and be the vocal presence that our team needs in these games will risk not being able to stand there. Those not wishing to be within the vocal section will now have vocal pockets standing up around them in various parts of the stand, and those pockets will not be anywhere near as effective at making constant noise if surrounded by those people telling them to sit down, pipe up etc. It seems to me like an attempt by Wigan to dilute the noise coming from our end, and it will work.

Forget the nonsense about fans being noisy regardless of the situation. Fans need like-minded people around them. It creates a pack mentality, with fans feeling able to contribute noise if those around them are doing likewise. Grand Final and Cup Final crowds are nowhere near the sum of their parts despite there being many more fans there than average games. Why? Because the vocal elements are split up and are surrounded by the non-vocal majority. It lessens the vocal pockets enthusiasm for making noise, and it dilutes everything.

I am amazed that match going fans don't understand this, and amazed that so many don't seem to think that it is important.
    Great post.

Brian does understand everything you have said, he is just deliberately on the wind up, also known as trolling, and continues to get away with it.

In The North Stand With All The Old Folk Blobbynator's Avatar

Saints confirmed on twitter it will now be UNRESERVED seating. All tickets bought remain valid.
    Quote Originally Posted by Despondent Dave
    Blobby is a man of style, panache and impeccable taste

Quote Originally Posted by Blobbynator View Post
    Saints confirmed on twitter it will now be UNRESERVED seating. All tickets bought remain valid.
    Out of order. Gonna have to get in the ground early now to get a good spec!!