Chapel House Motor Company Limited Advertising Banner
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Good Friday Tickets

Learning All The Songs

If they had sent all the tickets for the North there wouldn't have been all this fuss either way.

Well I still want the seat I have booked!! Unreserved how common!!
    Humans are more concerned with having than being.

Learning All The Songs The Verminator's Avatar

Anyone else just seen Brian reversing the "Saints fans have been inconvenienced, let's celebrate" open top bus back into a garage?
    WON'T SOMEONE PLEASE THINK OF POOR BEN FLOWER?!

In The North Stand With All The Old Folk The Yellow Giraffe's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by The Verminator View Post
    Anyone else just seen Brian reversing the "Saints fans have been inconvenienced, let's celebrate" open top bus back into a garage?
    NEVER WRITE OFF THE SAINTS

WARNING! PIE EATER!

Quote Originally Posted by The Verminator View Post
    So you were more inconvenienced when you had a designated seat than now when you will have to get in your preferred seats over an hour before kick off? That's some logic, but then I guess AND, OR, NOT, NAND, NOR, ECXLUSIVEOR hasn't reached you yet. I'll bet you think a flip-flop is something you put on your feet in summer!!!

[QUOTE=Rogues Gallery;688242]So you were more inconvenienced when you had a designated seat than now when you will have to get in your preferred seats over an hour before kick off? That's some logic, but then I guess AND, OR, NOT, NAND, NOR, ECXLUSIVEOR hasn't reached you yet. I'll bet you think a flip-flop is something you put on your feet.

Time for your medicine Brian I think

Learning All The Songs

Quote Originally Posted by Rogues Gallery View Post
    So you were more inconvenienced when you had a designated seat than now when you will have to get in your preferred seats over an hour before kick off? That's some logic, but then I guess AND, OR, NOT, NAND, NOR, ECXLUSIVEOR hasn't reached you yet. I'll bet you think a flip-flop is something you put on your feet in summer!!!
    •••• off

In The South Stand KentishBarry's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Blobbynator View Post
    Saints confirmed on twitter it will now be UNRESERVED seating. All tickets bought remain valid.
    Great! So now, half the people will still be turning up expecting to sit where their ticket says, causing even more complications.
    A joke of a club, or is it their landlords fault? You couldn't make it up if you tried!

In The North Stand With All The Old Folk

You're normally a little more subtle that this. This is just undiluted •••• taking now, with none of the "who me? What did I say?" mock surprise when faced with a bit of stick.

No response to my earlier post either I see. Just dumbed down nonsense. I expected better from you, I was one of the few on here who never rose to your bait and gave you a fair shake of the stick.

In The North Stand With All The Old Folk

Quote Originally Posted by KentishBarry View Post
    Great! So now, half the people will still be turning up expecting to sit where their ticket says, causing even more complications.
    This will definitely happen!

Learning All The Songs The Verminator's Avatar

I'm not inconvenienced at all, Brian. I haven't even bought my ticket yet. As much as I've walked out of the DW with a cob on because of the results over the years, I've never once had an issue with Wigan the club, the stewards etc etc and least of all the ticketing situation. Good Friday matches always feel like an occasion.

The rugby team have no say over anything at the stadium so I am expecting that this is an Athletic issue, but I find it sheer lunacy that reserved seating was ever suggested in the first place. As much as you have hooted in delight at people having to get themselves organised weeks in advance to buy X number of tickets, common sense has prevailed here. It isn't even something you care about because your seats are obviously reserved - you've just taken the contradictory point of view because you know it will upset people.

The away end has worked fine at the DW ever since it was built, apart from morons throwing pints and often the result, the derby games are a good do at the DW. So why fix what isn't broken? They've obviously decide that it isn't, hence this pretty embarrassing climbdown.
    WON'T SOMEONE PLEASE THINK OF POOR BEN FLOWER?!

A joke of a club, or is it their landlords fault? You couldn't make it up if you tried!
    Well I assume that most will be aware of the Tweet by Saints or through word of mouth and like me who bought a seat/s will now just pick a better spec if possible. If someone insists I'm sitting in 'their seat' which they bought a ticket for I will amicably sort it out.
    But agree it was a stupid rule to start with.
    Humans are more concerned with having than being.

In The South Stand KentishBarry's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by 49er View Post
    Well I assume that most will be aware of the Tweet by Saints or through word of mouth and like me who bought a seat/s will now just pick a better spec if possible. If someone insists I'm sitting in 'their seat' which they bought a ticket for I will amicably sort it out.
    But agree it was a stupid rule to start with.
    I think that part of the problem is that many wont be aware. Hopefully, there will be plenty of notice at the ground, but I still expect a few complications here, even if it is amicable.

In The North Stand With All The Old Folk paulscnthorpe's Avatar

I think that part of the problem is that many wont be aware. Hopefully, there will be plenty of notice at the ground, but I still expect a few complications here, even if it is amicable.
    Danger is, and I know it's unlikely if you think we've a couple of home games to spread the message. Someone might turn up a few minutes before kick off in the knowledge they've got a decent speck.

Once they decided it were reserved they should have stuck with it, as silly as a decision it were

Quote Originally Posted by paulscnthorpe View Post
    Once they decided it were reserved they should have stuck with it, as silly as a decision it were
    Agreed, the reversal of the decision may lead to further confusion, and it has been really poorly organised. It obviously can't have been that important to change policy after 17 years, if it then got reversed in a day!

By the way, a general point...if a particular poster annoys you -

- Go to settings
    - Click "edit ignore list" (on the left hand side)
    - Type in the username of whoever's posts you wish to block
    - Stop being wound up by irritants!

I don't know why more people don't make use of this feature!

Got A Season Ticket

Friend who is a pie tagged me in a Wigan post on Facebook about the good Friday tickets.

So I replied mentioning the off field mind games they are playing with reserved ticketing to break up support and then the quick change back to unreserved and that it's just same old Wigan.

Within an hour the post was deleted, and I am now blocked from posting anything on the Wigan warriors Facebook.

Yet they kept the dig about ticket sales (after deleting my comment about short allocations from Wigan). Scum. The whole organisation.