Chapel House Motor Company Limited Advertising Banner
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: MOM Catalan

Banned

1. Theo - Can he now back it up?

2. Walmsley- All we want is him to run his weight. Compare and contrast last night to Leigh?

3.Roby - Blood to water, sadly the 40 yard scoots at pace may not now be in his locker?

Starting A Programme Collection Oldham_Saint's Avatar

Walmsley
    Fages
    Makinson

Honourable mentions for Percy for his kicking and defence, and Owens. I haven't been drinking but after last year, he may well have been hoping not to receive any tricky passes, but took his try really well.

Alex took some hard shots but stood up to it and gave as good as he got.
    RHINO balls are like Bon Jovi albums - Slippery When Wet

ST HELENS RFC - Back in business, Thank you Justin Holbrook.

"I turn the TV volume down because these comedians on SKY are speaking a load of rubbish. They're making a simple game complicated with their long-winded, pointless jargon". Kevin Ashcroft

...I think it's a fair slogan for the World Cup. If you come to England and you don't like the weather, TOUGH TITTIES!!! Andrew Voss, PNG vs Samoa, 4:Nov:13

In The North Stand With All The Old Folk Belgian Saint's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Furlongs View Post
    1. Theo - Can he now back it up?

2. Walmsley- All we want is him to run his weight. Compare and contrast last night to Leigh?

3.Roby - Blood to water, sadly the 40 yard scoots at pace may not now be in his locker?
    Same 3 for me and also agree with the comments

In The North Stand With All The Old Folk STIDDY's Avatar

[QUOTE=Furlongs;687915]1. Theo - Can he now back it up?

3.Roby - Blood to water, sadly the 40 yard scoots at pace may not now be in his locker?[/QUOTE]

Anybody know the situation with Roby's Injury (Facial), i,m told broken nose and teeth lost in France. I should imagine a couple of aspirins, feet up for a couple of days ready to go again on Friday.

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by theres only one stan wall View Post
    He gets some criticism on here but other than that ptb on tackle one I thought Wilkin was very good last night. It's no secret he's no scrum half but he puts his hand up
    The danger is, whether it's under Cunningham's instruction or his own doing, Wilkin sticks his very limited self in with the organising & kicking once Smith comes back. Wilkin was a constant thorn in the side of the halfbacks last season especially. It's like he just can't help himself and has to be at the centre of things, even when that nullifies the effectiveness of the actual halfbacks.

Learning All The Songs

Quote Originally Posted by theres only one stan wall View Post
    He gets some criticism on here but other than that ptb on tackle one I thought Wilkin was very good last night. It's no secret he's no scrum half but he puts his hand up and when you watch the tries back his link play with Theo was exceptional and created three of the tries.
    Believe Matty Smith plays Friday but if we win that the things looking a little rosier. Biggest thing for me was the manner in which we played. Some expansive stuff, left edge looks really potent and Morgan with decent ball and space is an obvious threat. Need to bottle that attitude and desire for the rest of the season.
    With Wilkin being such a lynchpin i think it'll be difficult for Smith to get back into the first team now.

Learning All The Songs

Quote Originally Posted by Webbo Again View Post
    The danger is, whether it's under Cunningham's instruction or his own doing, Wilkin sticks his very limited self in with the organising & kicking once Smith comes back. Wilkin was a constant thorn in the side of the halfbacks last season especially. It's like he just can't help himself and has to be at the centre of things, even when that nullifies the effectiveness of the actual halfbacks.

We will then be playing with three halfbacks and five forwards thus nullifying our forward power.

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by wirefox View Post
    We will then be playing with three halfbacks and five forwards thus nullifying our forward power.
    Exactly - and much of the problem we had against Leigh & Wakey. Richardson did ok, but with Captain Undroppable elbowing his way into the spotlight, had little chance to show what he could do and, more importantly, the tactic left us a forward down; Wilkin's contribution in terms of hit-ups (and even defence, although less so) was laughable, putting pressure on the other 5 forwards, which really told.

Learning All The Songs

Quote Originally Posted by Webbo Again View Post
    Exactly - and much of the problem we had against Leigh & Wakey. Richardson did ok, but with Captain Undroppable elbowing his way into the spotlight, had little chance to show what he could do and, more importantly, the tactic left us a forward down; Wilkin's contribution in terms of hit-ups (and even defence, although less so) was laughable, putting pressure on the other 5 forwards, which really told.
    Wilkin playing is the main reason we won't win anything this year

Got A Season Ticket Haydock Saint's Avatar

Fages

Quote Originally Posted by Southport Saint View Post
    Wilkin playing is the main reason we won't win anything this year
    Yep

In The West Stand

Roby
    Walmsley
    Wilkin

In The North Stand With All The Old Folk paulscnthorpe's Avatar

Update on season so far, only Leeds, Wakefield and Catalans, because nobody dare start a thread against hull and Leigh! Using a 5/3/1 points system per match

Fages 10 points
    Makinson/Percival 5 points
    Walmsley 4 points
    Taia 3 Points

Have to do something whilst putting little fella to bed!