Chapel House Motor Company Limited Advertising Banner
Page 4 of 15 FirstFirst 1234567814 ... LastLast

Thread: NRL 2017 - Game Discussion, Spoilers

Grahams mate Josh Reynolds has left the Dogs to join the Tigers.

https://twitter.com/WestsTigers

Learning All The Songs Mike Stephenson's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Drake920 View Post
    Rabbithos were robbed today against the Broncos.
    Ashley Klein was absolutely awful.
    You could see that Milford did knock on just before the winning field goal, but that said you play to the whistle and that was a great bit of footwork by Milford to adjust and take the drop goal off his left foot.

With regards to Souths, I think they are an example of a side who have poorly managed their salary cap. It seems they have a huge proportion of their cap tied up in 3 players- Inglis, Reynolds & Sam Burgess. Great players as they are, you need quality around them and they don't have enough of it. Cody Walker and Damien Cook are good quality consistent performers, the Burgess twins can be tough to handle when they are on form, but in other area like the three quarters and out wide, they don't have enough. I think Robbie Farah was a signing not needed and that money could have been used to strengthen other areas- Cook is now already playing most of the minutes. With GI out for most of the season and Reynolds missing his fair share of games too, I'm not so sure they will make the play offs.

Regards,

STEVO

Learning All The Songs

Quote Originally Posted by Mike Stephenson View Post
    You could see that Milford did knock on just before the winning field goal, but that said you play to the whistle and that was a great bit of footwork by Milford to adjust and take the drop goal off his left foot.

With regards to Souths, I think they are an example of a side who have poorly managed their salary cap. It seems they have a huge proportion of their cap tied up in 3 players- Inglis, Reynolds & Sam Burgess. Great players as they are, you need quality around them and they don't have enough of it. Cody Walker and Damien Cook are good quality consistent performers, the Burgess twins can be tough to handle when they are on form, but in other area like the three quarters and out wide, they don't have enough. I think Robbie Farah was a signing not needed and that money could have been used to strengthen other areas- Cook is now already playing most of the minutes. With GI out for most of the season and Reynolds missing his fair share of games too, I'm not so sure they will make the play offs.

Regards,

STEVO
    They shouldn't of sold Cameron McInnes in the first place, he's been playing better than Cook & Farah combined for the Dragons this year and he was one who came through their youth system. Angus Crighton's been one if their best this year along with S Burgess & Walker.
    I agree their outside backs arent good enough to be serious challengers for any honors this season, that guy in the centres Talaki reminds me of Peyroux for us, all over the place in defense and shoots out the line like a headless chicken at times.

Quote Originally Posted by Drake920 View Post
    They shouldn't of sold Cameron McInnes in the first place, he's been playing better than Cook & Farah combined for the Dragons this year and he was one who came through their youth system. Angus Crighton's been one if their best this year along with S Burgess & Walker.
    I agree their outside backs arent good enough to be serious challengers for any honors this season, that guy in the centres Talaki reminds me of Peyroux for us, all over the place in defense and shoots out the line like a headless chicken at times.
    Yep, and I still don't think they have replaced Dylan Walker. He's doing well for Manly.

Regards,

STEVO

In The North Stand With All The Old Folk

I was at Leichardt this evening (afternoon back in the UK) for the Wests-Cronulla game. A decent contest, and I was so thrilled to see the old place under the lights and with a decent crowd on. Wests really are crocked and are probably not going to make the 8 from their position, coupled with the added injuries this evening.

One thing I have to add... Although I loved being there, I found the whole experience surreal this evening. I have never been to a RL game that felt so lacking in intensity off the field. People were just milling around on the hill, barely paying any attention to the game, with some I would reckon not watching a single minute of it. I have been to baseball games in the States were people wander around all game, so this wasn't unique, but for a RL game it was weird. With five minutes left in a crucial game and six points down I was being distracted by people taking group selfies facing away from the pitch. Just bizarre and very surreal experience all in all. The hooter went, and I barely felt like anyone even cared about the result.

I went to an AFL game at the MCG over Easter and it was totally different. Maybe I just picked a bad night?

In The North Stand With All The Old Folk Buddy's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Gray77 View Post
    I was at Leichardt this evening (afternoon back in the UK) for the Wests-Cronulla game. A decent contest, and I was so thrilled to see the old place under the lights and with a decent crowd on. Wests really are crocked and are probably not going to make the 8 from their position, coupled with the added injuries this evening.

One thing I have to add... Although I loved being there, I found the whole experience surreal this evening. I have never been to a RL game that felt so lacking in intensity off the field. People were just milling around on the hill, barely paying any attention to the game, with some I would reckon not watching a single minute of it. I have been to baseball games in the States were people wander around all game, so this wasn't unique, but for a RL game it was weird. With five minutes left in a crucial game and six points down I was being distracted by people taking group selfies facing away from the pitch. Just bizarre and very surreal experience all in all. The hooter went, and I barely felt like anyone even cared about the result.

I went to an AFL game at the MCG over Easter and it was totally different. Maybe I just picked a bad night?
    Ive found Broncos games the same mate, but the Titans games I've been to were more like games back home.

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk

Got A Season Ticket

I enjoyed the game on premier today. West didn't seem to know how to kill off the game with only a penalty to show for being camped in the Cronulla Sharks. My little girl at 3 1/2 was engaged in the match to, and even told me Cronulla won, thanks to their tries in the second half

Have read today that the Roosters have signed James Tedesco for next year- https://www.zerotackle.com/james-ted...oosters-26728/

I think that's a great signing for them- he is one of the best full backs in the NRL for mine.

Regards,

STEVO

In The North Stand With All The Old Folk

Great signing for the Roosters, but it was on the cards for a few weeks. Woods, Tedesco and Moses were all booed by the Wests fans at Leichardt when I was there last week, and there are situations when it seems like making a move immediate would be better than having players hanging around where they obviously don't wish to be and aren't particularly wanted anymore.

Money talks in the NRL, and on a playing front the Roosters give Tedesco a better chance of winning the comp in the near future of course. But, I think the Tigers had real potential under Cleary and I would have liked to see how this team developed with it's best players. Reynolds coming in next year is a good move, but replacing Tedesco and Woods will prove really difficult.

Tedesco has today blamed Cleary for publicly giving him a deadline to make his decision.

http://www.smh.com.au/rugby-league/s...04-gvyyl2.html

Been a naughty boy again. He was linked with us a while back I believe.

Did anybody see the Anzac Test? The game was effectively over as a contest by half time, which was really disappointing, given that NZ team on paper- I thought they would gave Australia a real game with that side.

Australia have won the last 5 matches between the two I think, which isn't good for the game- we need a strong Kiwi side to add value to the international game.

Regards,

STEVO

Got A Season Ticket

Enjoying the titans storm game this morning

Quote Originally Posted by banburysaint View Post
    Brilliant game

I watched the Roosters hammer Parramatta earlier. How good is Latrell Mitchell? He's only 19 but already he's strong as an ox and such a strike weapon in the centres for the Tricolours.

Regards,

STEVO

Got A Replica Shirt

Quote Originally Posted by banburysaint View Post
    Great game, all four Titans tries in second half from kicks, best way to beat storm defence?

Greenwood played full 80 mins but wasnt good enough for KC!

Sad news about Greg Inglis, a great player.

http://www.smh.com.au/rugby-league/l...17-gw77t8.html

In The North Stand With All The Old Folk paulscnthorpe's Avatar

Another Premier Sports offer, 12 months for £25.

Not so much for the NRL for me but all world cup and origin matches, plus Toronto

Promo code is 'GAA17'

The origin build up has begun here with Queensland favourites once again, still can't help thinking the run has to end sometime could this be the year with so many Queensland injuries?

Learning All The Songs

Quote Originally Posted by Buddy View Post
    The origin build up has begun here with Queensland favourites once again, still can't help thinking the run has to end sometime could this be the year with so many Queensland injuries?
    You'd think this would be NSW's best chance for quite a few years.. really like the blues side this year, happy they've given Peats a chance at 9.
    QLD missing Thurston Scott Inglis & Slater is huge! Up the Blues!

Gallen still has what it takes. A great performance from the guy with his Sharks team beating the Dogs 9-8.

I hope James Graham is ok after he went off after 20mins with nerve damage to his arm.

http://www.premiersports.com/rugby-l...f-origin-2014/

Tomorrow it starts, cannot wait.

Ignore the the date on the link, it's the 2017 series.

Quote Originally Posted by Jackbit View Post
    http://www.premiersports.com/rugby-l...f-origin-2014/

Tomorrow it starts, cannot wait.

Ignore the the date on the link, it's the 2017 series.
    A lot has been made of the absentees for QLD, but looking at the line up- http://www.skysports.com/rugby-leagu.../preview/47408 it's still a very strong side and with game 1 being at Suncorp, I still think they will have the edge. For Game 1 at least- I'm not sure if the balance is right in that NSW team.

Regards,

STEVO

Great first half and almost error free rugby from both teams

Learning All The Songs

Quote Originally Posted by Buddy View Post
    Great first half and almost error free rugby from both teams
    The most intense first half of rugby I think I've ever seen.
    What a game, absolute quality!