Chapel House Motor Company Limited Advertising Banner
Page 3 of 55 FirstFirst 1234567132353 ... LastLast

Thread: Kieron OUT

Learning All The Songs The frenchman's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Furlongs View Post
    I understand how it sometimes feels to be out of your depth I feel that quite often. Sadly we have the headphone guru who is that thick he thinks he can shut it all out and carry on. Leeds last week I enjoyed it, but hang on it was two struggling teams but value for money. TONIGHT. heavens sake Hock bullied us! Amor, Walmsley he hammered you. Lee and Robes look at Higham 36 and shamed you both.
    I like your posts but Roby, really? Best player on the field by a mile.

I agree with name calling being out of order. Hes a club legend there's just no need for it. Constructive stuff, not good enough and reasons why, sure. Name calling of anyone who's put their body on the line for my entertainment doesn't sit right with me. I'll always have respect for a player never mind a hero of mine

In The North Stand With All The Old Folk Buddy's Avatar

Default His best quote yet

Im not sure there is any reason for this experiment to continue as there is zero improvement in his "brilliant" coaching, his tactical ability or his team selections.

Plenty of great sportmen have not been able to replicate their success as a coach its not the end of the world for Cunningham, but he simply hasn't learned from his mistakes and has to pay the price for that.
    If he had been less inclined to tell us he knew everything and more honest in that he was learning i might feel differently but i feel no sympathy now for a man who i looked upto his entire career.

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk
    Last edited by Buddy; 25th February 2017 at 06:45.

Starting A Programme Collection greggo's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Sean Day View Post
    They looked devoid of direction again tonight. At times it was like watching a school team, each play just appearing to be made up rather than building on the last. On top of that, individual players making bad decisions in attack and defence - we must have messed up 4 clear chances and conceded 3 awful ones - Fages, Peyroux and Walmsley with howlers in defence. Part of me says that's not the coach's fault, but the lack of clear direction and organisation is. Too many decent players not being utilised and/or coached properly to get the best out of them and the likes of Peyroux stood on the wing for half the game then being a complete disaster when he got involved
    Spot on
    I would say look down the Leigh team - how many would you swap for their counterparts in ours? Not many. However opposition teams now more often than not look sharper and more challenging to defend against than us, often with inferior players. That was the case tonight.

Noooobie

Quote Originally Posted by Twentyman View Post
    Oh dear...

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Got A Season Ticket

Quote Originally Posted by Rommel View Post
    Can get Warrington v Cas highlights through this link too. Cas look a joy to eatch. Look at their fourth try, could you imagine us ever doing anything like that? It's nothing spectacular but it's a risk which we would never ever take. Boring

In The South Stand Paul Newlove's Avatar

It is clear to see we are going nowhere under Kc, we can dress it up various ways like we didn't have Smith, it's only two games in, we defended well against Leeds...but we have been dire under Kc's reign and we ain't gonna get better.
    It upsets me to say it but the legendary player who I'll always hold in the highest regard will never make a top coach.
    I'm not even angry these days about our performance I just accept it as deep down I'm just kidding myself that we are in contention... we are going to end up light years behind.
    Some of those players should not be anywhere near the red vee.

Learning All The Songs

Quote Originally Posted by Tez the Saint View Post
    Are we really resorting to this kind of cringy nonsense on here again? Same bloody usernames evertime, like a bunch of kids wetting themselves in the corner of their mums basement. Grow up.

It's not bloody rocket science to realise we've got a hell of a lot of work to do. He's awful with the media but he was told half way through the 2015 season to change his approach because he was criticising players publicly. I stopped reading and listening to his interviews from that point onwards because he's just playing a part. I don't think he's a good coach and he's got an awful, awful lot of learning to do. I don't know if he will ever do it but he deserves an awful lot more respect than what I've seen on here. "Fat head", "pr!ck" and whatever else. The bloke won everything with the club over and over again for 14 years, put his body on the line every week and was in the top three I've seen play for this club. He was also one of the hardest men I've ever seen play the game and you're sat behind your little screen giggling over a quote.

Anyone who takes to the field at that level deserves some respect, players who have achieved what he has deserve a lot better than someone sat behind a screen stating threads like this. He was told to keep his opinions in check with the media, no idea why people still think that he says what he believes.

You sound like an Arsenal fan sticking up for Wenger, Kieron legacy as a player is being ruined over his inability to be a good coach. He does not get the players up for matches his player signings are laughable, his team are boring to watch and a lot of fans last night have had enough.

Kieron will always be a legend player but his coaching is awfull

Got A Season Ticket

I think the thread is fine and certainly isn't name calling. I do like hearing the quotes as they are like little riddles where I am asking myself "What was he thinking?".

Same old same old this season as expected.

In The North Stand With All The Old Folk fishy3005's Avatar

Cunningham seems good at spotting our flaws but completely unable to rectify them.
    Whatever is going wrong the inconsistency needs to be fixed. Its going to be a very competitive season across all teams. A few lazy performances and you can soon find yourselves in danger of dropping to the middle 8s.
    screaming in the family corner, scaring the kiddies

The major problem is recruitment- we as a club seem to go after players win end up being useless when they play for us. Either they look good when playing for others and then when they come to us are disappointing or they look poor when playing for other teams but we sign them anyway for whatever reason (experience) but then they confirm our judgement by being crap.

Learning All The Songs

Are we really resorting to this kind of cringy nonsense on here again? Same bloody usernames evertime, like a bunch of kids wetting themselves in the corner of their mums basement. Grow up.

It's not bloody rocket science to realise we've got a hell of a lot of work to do. He's awful with the media but he was told half way through the 2015 season to change his approach because he was criticising players publicly. I stopped reading and listening to his interviews from that point onwards because he's just playing a part. I don't think he's a good coach and he's got an awful, awful lot of learning to do. I don't know if he will ever do it but he deserves an awful lot more respect than what I've seen on here. "Fat head", "pr!ck" and whatever else. The bloke won everything with the club over and over again for 14 years, put his body on the line every week and was in the top three I've seen play for this club. He was also one of the hardest men I've ever seen play the game and you're sat behind your little screen giggling over a quote.

Anyone who takes to the field at that level deserves some respect, players who have achieved what he has deserve a lot better than someone sat behind a screen stating threads like this. He was told to keep his opinions in check with the media, no idea why people still think that he says what he believes.
    I agree with this Tez. I actually feel a bit sorry for him. Having to walk past your own statue everyday on the way into work can't be easy. The pressure must be immense. He was a great player and servant of the club and I never played the game myself. All that said, his record as a coach is not impressive and I think that he should have until Easter to make improvements. If he can't maybe Wellens should take over until a good quality coach can be recruited.

In The North Stand With All The Old Folk Scouse Don's Avatar
    Blatherings on That Saints podcast.Back home in St.Helens and in the South stand for service

It is too early to start this nonsense but it has an awfully similar feel to last seasons start.I had hoped for big changes.Losing Matty Smith was always going to upset the plans but if the plan is to continue like last season with different players then it simply won't work.

I am concerned that our pack seems to still be 'bullied' but that may be because with a back row of Wilkin LMS and Peyroux we were never going to trouble anyone anyway.

Hopefully Zeb Taia will improve that and Knowles must start for me.

I have just watched Castleford take Wire apart for long periods and we are a million miles away from that with the coaching we appear to have,I refuse to believe that our players are not as good as anyone else's so the finger points at the coach.....but he is not the one dropping balls and missing tackles.What's the answer to that?

Something is amiss but it is too soon to judge I am still happy to wait and see but getting worried already.

ps what has happened to Walker he looked great for Scotland????
    Learned comment from The Don

Quote Originally Posted by Sausalito View Post
    Miustn't forget our defence coach too...Long he has to go as well.
    We have a defence coach? You're kidding

Learning All The Songs yogi bear's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Scouse Don View Post
    It is too early to start this nonsense but it has an awfully similar feel to last seasons start.I had hoped for big changes.Losing Matty Smith was always going to upset the plans but if the plan is to continue like last season with different players then it simply won't work.

I am concerned that our pack seems to still be 'bullied' but that may be because with a back row of Wilkin LMS and Peyroux we were never going to trouble anyone anyway.

Hopefully Zeb Taia will improve that and Knowles must start for me.

I have just watched Castleford take Wire apart for long periods and we are a million miles away from that with the coaching we appear to have,I refuse to believe that our players are not as good as anyone else's so the finger points at the coach.....but he is not the one dropping balls and missing tackles.What's the answer to that?

Something is amiss but it is too soon to judge I am still happy to wait and see but getting worried already.

ps what has happened to Walker he looked great for Scotland????

That back row does look old and weak - obviously Zeb T will improve us and allowing Greenwood his opportunity was probably the best thing for all concerned.

But to GIVE Savelio to Wire out of pure pig-headedness is ridiculous - he obviously wasn't in the KC / Wilkin / LMS / Peyroux clique. Ok he wanted to play 2nd row and not prop, but he seems to be making a decent fist of it at Wire.

In The North Stand With All The Old Folk STIDDY's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by BigKevIro View Post
    We have a defence coach? You're kidding
    Long most of his career was a poor defender, he should be our attacking coach. Wellens knows defensive patterns he should be our defence Coach. KC can be our DJ at the club.

Learning All The Songs The Chief's Avatar

His comments this week are clearly aimed at the half backs. It the 6 and 7 that are expected to play at the line, cop some cheap shots, take it and come back for more. He's basically saying they didn't. Everything will be fine when Matty Smith is back, he's the saviour, he's even doubling up as the player recruitment consultant too.

Learning All The Songs yogi bear's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by The Chief View Post
    His comments this week are clearly aimed at the half backs. It the 6 and 7 that are expected to play at the line, cop some cheap shots, take it and come back for more. He's basically saying they didn't. Everything will be fine when Matty Smith is back, he's the saviour, he's even doubling up as the player recruitment consultant too.
    I took it that he was having a go at our bullied front row - but as usual our heroes in the back row (who were the worst on the park) are beyond criticism

Upside
    Non Members

Quote Originally Posted by Ralph Fridge View Post
    Ha ha nice one. I'm prepared to see how the next few games go but I think a lot of fans will really turn if we get dusted at Hull
    I like pasta but my meal of choice is the homemade pie, I make the best pie in the world, fact
    Oh yeh, saints weren't very good last night

Got A Season Ticket

We had chances to win that easy, Percy broke and passed to early to swift who ended up in touch if he delayed it possibly 6 points. Wilkin went threw and passed should of went alone that's another 6 Roby held up and from where I was sat looked a try Percy held up and Douglas thought he had scored early on. Saints had big chances just chose bad options. Perreoyx was awful poor in defence and that flick out the back on their line on the 3rd was a joke.

In The North Stand With All The Old Folk STIDDY's Avatar

The problem is this is his 3rd year in charge, so I don't think he is immune any more from criticism be him a legendary player or not. As a coach he is basically the opposite of what he was as a player, a great individual who can turn a game. However as a coach its very much a team game with man management skills, flexible game plans and mental preparation. What the hell have we been doing pre season, two games in and all the problems with attitude, performance, tactics, commitment have returned, Saints fans deserve a lot better than the garbage being served up at the moment.

Learning All The Songs

I wanted KC gone last year but I'm not about to start turning on him after two matches this season, especially as one was a solid win. Saints have lost away games at bottom half sides early in the season for as long as I can remember. We've regularly lost against away against a Hull KR side not dissimilar to that Leigh one for the past decade. It's not ideal, but we've done it plenty of times before under different coaches.

You do have to ask though. Does Fages miss that tackle on Vea if it's on Sky? Didn't miss a thing two weeks ago with the cameras on him.

The signings should come in and improve things. I wasn't there but sounds like Peyroux had a shocker, and Taia should replace him. Then Smith should give us a bit of organisation which it sounds as though we needed.

You need context. Wire have lost both matches and got hammered last night. A good start hides how much better Cas were. Leeds have lost to us and just about got two wins against Leigh and Salford. Hudds lost at home to Salford. Hull lost at home to Catalans at scraped past Wakefield.

The only sides fully happy will be Wigan, who only just beat Widnes last night (who might go down this year), Catalans who imploded after a similar start last season and Cas, who have played some brilliant rugby but have conceded more points than us while doing it and defence is still a major concern for them (Gale is a real weak link).

Got A Season Ticket

I would have Gayle here in a heartbeat.

Learning All The Songs

Quote Originally Posted by daveybueno View Post
    I would have Gayle here in a heartbeat.
    So would I, but if your defence is already your weak point, having a half back that can't tackle is a major problem at the business end of the season

Got A Season Ticket

I understand your point but having a half back that creates as much as him would cancel that out. If he missed a tackle in a build up to a try I would be certain he would make at least two tries for ya

Got A Season Ticket

I'm not sticking up for how poor that was last night however it's round 2 calm it down Jesus! I know last season wasn't great either but calling for a managers head in round 2 you need to give your head a wobble.