Chapel House Motor Company Limited Advertising Banner
Page 2 of 55 FirstFirst 123456122252 ... LastLast

Thread: Kieron OUT

Banned

Well tonight was awful to be frank. Hock bullied us to submission. Twentyman did you go tonight? I went and I am £60 lighter and livid to be honest. Although some of our fans will clap anything.

Becoming very difficult to defend now.
    Tonight was a shambles really and its disheartening and very bad for business.
    Im working next Friday luckily - had I not been, I wouldnt be going after that tonight.

In The South Stand Saint_Claire's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by a holy saint View Post
    So Cunningham out, Claudio Ranieri in! Simples ��
    He'd bring fresh ideas at least and I can't imagine he'd do a worse job....hope you are keeping well and that treatment is going well xxx

Learning All The Songs The Great Tom Vol's Avatar

Perhaps he will put in for the Leicester City Job. Let's Hope.

Got A Season Ticket

Quote Originally Posted by amsterdam dan View Post
    I make a mean Bolognese and thinking about food is a lot less depressing than Saints
    Try using tagliatelle in place of spaghetti......sauce sticks to it better

Oh and Cunningham is tactically inept

Starting A Programme Collection

Things will not improve with him as coach. Every second we wait is a second that could be spent fixing the mess he's making.

The personnel is changing, but the same abysmal game plan, lethargic defence, toothless attack, all persist. We have a decent enough squad on paper but we have absolutely no direction, or smarts, or soul about us. No identity other than grind grind grind. Frustrate. Bore. Wear down.

We exist in rugby games solely to squeeze the ball into the opposing 10m and try and grab a cheap crash over. It's not working, and even if it was, who on earth wants to watch it?

He was a great player. The greatest. But he's no coach.

Tick tock.

Learning All The Songs The Chief's Avatar

Compare that to Cas tonight, worlds apart but at least they are the real deal

In The South Stand Saint_Claire's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Saint View Post
    Things will not improve with him as coach. Every second we wait is a second that could be spent fixing the mess he's making.

The personnel is changing, but the same abysmal game plan, lethargic defence, toothless attack, all persist. We have a decent enough squad on paper but we have absolutely no direction, or smarts, or soul about us. No identity other than grind grind grind. Frustrate. Bore. Wear down.

We exist in rugby games solely to squeeze the ball into the opposing 10m and try and grab a cheap crash over. It's not working, and even if it was, who on earth wants to watch it?

He was a great player. The greatest. But he's no coach.

Tick tock.
    This is it in a nutshell. Saints are being ruined. We have been a family of season ticket holders for many years. Last year due to a new job there was no point renewing as we would make very few games we were gutted. Now we are grateful. Saints need to sort this soon as they will lose fans forever, I want to feel gutted I can't make a game, not lethargic. Fans are as important as the team, if not more so as they pay the wages.

Miustn't forget our defence coach too...Long he has to go as well.

They looked devoid of direction again tonight. At times it was like watching a school team, each play just appearing to be made up rather than building on the last. On top of that, individual players making bad decisions in attack and defence - we must have messed up 4 clear chances and conceded 3 awful ones - Fages, Peyroux and Walmsley with howlers in defence. Part of me says that's not the coach's fault, but the lack of clear direction and organisation is. Too many decent players not being utilised and/or coached properly to get the best out of them and the likes of Peyroux stood on the wing for half the game then being a complete disaster when he got involved

I would say look down the Leigh team - how many would you swap for their counterparts in ours? Not many. However opposition teams now more often than not look sharper and more challenging to defend against than us, often with inferior players. That was the case tonight.

Banned

They have not got a brain cell between Long and Fat Head but 12000 last week including me but carry on and the worm will be for for turning.

Got A Season Ticket

Quote Originally Posted by Furlongs View Post
    Well tonight was awful to be frank. Hock bullied us to submission. Twentyman did you go tonight? I went and I am £60 lighter and livid to be honest. Although some of our fans will clap anything.
    No mate, I was working in Todmorden. I listened to it on radio Merseyside. Sounded awful. Dropping ball lots, throwing silly passes. Sorry to hear you had an expensive and bad time of it.

For the record I'm not happy about how things are at the minute either, but the way I see it is that they'll give him till the end of this season no matter what we think or do. They've let him sign the lads he wants so no way he's getting fired off.

Got A Replica Shirt

Last week Leeds showed how to play against Leigh. Both the good and the bad.
    In the first half Leeds didn't panic when they went 2 tries down. They ran at them hard and fast and managed to break through. They threw the ball around and made use of the wingers. Leigh didn't have the pace to match them.
    In the second half Leeds played one man rugby down the middle of the field and Leigh outplayed them.
    So did we learn from watching the Leeds game - no!
    I can only presume the Sky + box at Saints was broken.

Got A Season Ticket

Legend as a player which he is slowly tarnishing as a coach. He has set the club back 5 to 6 years.

Diabolical recruitment and retention. Stuck now with Smith and his albatross contract, soon to be the oldest and least dynamic backrow in the league, all due his new obsession "experience".

He's chased away two dynamic young 2nd rows and apparently is not the flavour of the month with most of the younger players at the club.

He claimed that he had cleared out the dead wood and this was finally his team, capable of leading us to the "promised land". Without wanting to burst his bubble most of the dead wood he cleared out, he signed. Vea, Burns, McDonnell, Tasi etc.

Hate to say it 6th to 8th place if we are lucky, no need to rely on another team self destructing to sneak into 4th this year.

Learning All The Songs yogi bear's Avatar

Default His best quote yet

"It's a game of chicken on the advantage line, but unfortunately we was the chickens tonight"

Seriously - wtf are we employing here. That's his response ???? That is what went wrong ????

Jesus H Christ

Got A Replica Shirt saint at wire's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Twentyman View Post
    This is a game where Matty Smith can make the positive difference in calming the side down and controlling the game.

The teams finishing in the top 4 will lose roughly a 1/3 of their games this season and that includes us. Can't keep calling for the coaches head every time we lose or it'll be a very long season. There's still a bit of ring rust, let's judge it 8 or so games in.
    Ring rust? Sounds very painful.

Got A Season Ticket

Quote Originally Posted by saint at wire View Post
    Ring rust? Sounds very painful.
    This made me chuckle

In The South Stand Tez the Saint's Avatar

Are we really resorting to this kind of cringy nonsense on here again? Same bloody usernames evertime, like a bunch of kids wetting themselves in the corner of their mums basement. Grow up.

It's not bloody rocket science to realise we've got a hell of a lot of work to do. He's awful with the media but he was told half way through the 2015 season to change his approach because he was criticising players publicly. I stopped reading and listening to his interviews from that point onwards because he's just playing a part. I don't think he's a good coach and he's got an awful, awful lot of learning to do. I don't know if he will ever do it but he deserves an awful lot more respect than what I've seen on here. "Fat head", "pr!ck" and whatever else. The bloke won everything with the club over and over again for 14 years, put his body on the line every week and was in the top three I've seen play for this club. He was also one of the hardest men I've ever seen play the game and you're sat behind your little screen giggling over a quote.

Anyone who takes to the field at that level deserves some respect, players who have achieved what he has deserve a lot better than someone sat behind a screen stating threads like this. He was told to keep his opinions in check with the media, no idea why people still think that he says what he believes.
    Steve Prescott MBE (1973-2013)
    V

Default His best quote yet

Quote Originally Posted by yogi bear View Post
    "It's a game of chicken on the advantage line, but unfortunately we was the chickens tonight"

Seriously - wtf are we employing here. That's his response ???? That is what went wrong ????

Jesus H Christ
    In fairness to him, it might be a very weird way of saying it but what he's saying is basically right: they showed more balls than we did.

Learning All The Songs

I was in the Leigh end in the west stand tonight after being offered a last minute corporate box hospitality package by a friend... I'd just like to say that try Morgan scored at 12-0 that was chalked off due to "crossing" was utter bollocks.' I was right inline with the move and it was perfect legitimate try, confirmed by the number of Leigh supporters say around me. That is however no excuse for the utter tripe we served up. We didn't look like troubling the scoreboard. Utter shambles. I'm usually a fan of Wilkin and defend him on here against criticism but tonight he had to have his hands on the ball every tackle of every set. Get him out the way, get a real attacking structure in place and play some free flowing rugby. Otherwise don't bother total waste of time. Cunningham clueless has been for 2 seasons.

Quote Originally Posted by Tez the Saint View Post
    Are we really resorting to this kind of cringy nonsense on here again? Same bloody usernames evertime, like a bunch of kids wetting themselves in the corner of their mums basement. Grow up.

It's not bloody rocket science to realise we've got a hell of a lot of work to do. He's awful with the media but he was told half way through the 2015 season to change his approach because he was criticising players publicly. I stopped reading and listening to his interviews from that point onwards because he's just playing a part. I don't think he's a good coach and he's got an awful, awful lot of learning to do. I don't know if he will ever do it but he deserves an awful lot more respect than what I've seen on here. "Fat head", "pr!ck", this. The bloke won everything with tie club over and over again for 14 years, put his body on the line every week and was in the top three I've seen play for this club. He was also one of the hardest men I've ever seen play the game and you're sat behind your little screen giggling over a quote.

Anyone who takes to the field at that level deserves some respect, players who have achieved what he has deserve a lot more than someone sat behind a screen stating threads like this. He was told to keep his opinions in check with the media, no idea why people still think that he says what he believes.
    If you don't like my opinions I suggest you hit the ignore button.

But if you are happy that this is the best our professional coach can come up with after another abject performance then fill your boots.

As for what he did as a player - I have upmost respect for that but I don't have to sit here and accept him coaching us to a slow death because of who he WAS.

Banned

He's been criticising players again tonight and he wouldn't be in my top 3 players

Sent from my SM-J320FN using Tapatalk

In The South Stand Tez the Saint's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by yogi bear View Post
    If you don't like my opinions I suggest you hit the ignore button.

But if you are happy that this is the best our professional coach can come up with after another abject performance then fill your boots.

As for what he did as a player - I have upmost respect for that but I don't have to sit here and accept him coaching us to a slow death because of who he WAS.
    Yeah that isn't what I said at all though is it, as you already know.

I don't care if you accept him or not, I'm not sure he's the right man for the job myself. I don't think he's learning his lessons and we've had the same issues for the last three years. We have an awful structure in attack, he's not using key players in the right way and quite frankly, I'm not sure he'll last the season if what I saw tonight continues.

What I don't understand is why a grown bloke feels the need to create a threat over a quote, why people feel the need to insult him with pathetic little nicknames or whatever. His media persona is just an act and has been since the super 8's in 2015. Criticise constructively by all means, that's what the sport is all about. But insulting a guy who has achieved what he has behind a screen is out of order.
    Steve Prescott MBE (1973-2013)
    V

Banned

I understand how it sometimes feels to be out of your depth I feel that quite often. Sadly we have the headphone guru who is that thick he thinks he can shut it all out and carry on. Leeds last week I enjoyed it, but hang on it was two struggling teams but value for money. TONIGHT. heavens sake Hock bullied us! Amor, Walmsley he hammered you. Lee and Robes look at Higham 36 and shamed you both.

Quote Originally Posted by Tez the Saint View Post
    Yeah that isn't what I said at all though is it, as you already know.

I don't care if you accept him or not, I'm not sure he's the right man for the job myself. I don't think he's learning his lessons and we've had the same issues for the last three years. We have an awful structure in attack, he's not using key players in the right way and quite frankly, I'm not sure he'll last the season if what I saw tonight continues.

What I don't understand is why a grown bloke feels the need to create a threat over a quote, why people feel the need to insult him with pathetic little nicknames or whatever. His media persona is just an act and has been since the super 8's in 2015. Criticise constructively by all means, that's what the sport is all about. But insulting a guy who has achieved what he has behind a screen is out of order.
    Agree with everything you say in the first paragraph - but when you have a performance like tonight you look to the coach to offer a bit of hope that he's aware of what went wrong and he's going to put it right.

For 2 years we have heard nothing but nonsense from him - and there is little sign of him putting much right (long term). I don't think criticising somebody for talking sh!te is a personal insult, in his position he should know better - even if it was to just quote the usual coach excuses would be better than what he has come out with tonight which quite frankly is an embarrassment from a so called professional.