Chapel House Motor Company Limited Advertising Banner
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: 19 man squad v Leigh

In The North Stand With All The Old Folk The Yellow Giraffe's Avatar

Default 19 man squad v Leigh

http://www.saintsrlfc.com/news/page/6650

LMS and Owens for Greenwood and Ashworth in the 19.

SAINTS have announced their 19-man squad for Friday's Betfred Super League Round Two trip to Leigh Centurions.

Louie McCarthy-Scarsbrook makes a welcome return to the 19 alongside Jack Owens.

Keiron Cunningham will choose his 17 from:

1. Jonny Lomax, 2. Tommy Makinson, 3. Ryan Morgan, 4. Mark Percival, 5. Adam Swift, 6. Theo Fages, 8. Alex Walmsley, 9. James Roby, 10. Kyle Amor, 12. Jon Wilkin, 13. Louie McCarthy-Scarsbrook, 14. Luke Douglas, 15. Adam Walker, 16. Luke Thompson, 17. Tommy Lee, 18. Dominique Peyroux, 20. Morgan Knowles, 21. Jack Owens, 24. Danny Richardson.
    NEVER WRITE OFF THE SAINTS

LMS for Greenwood is the obvious change and maybe Walker coming in. I'd personally like to see him in there this week.

Lomax
    Makinson
    Morgan
    Percival
    Swift
    Fages
    Richardson
    Douglas
    Lee
    Amor
    Peyroux
    LMS
    Wilkin

Roby
    Walmsley
    Knowles/Thompson/Walker
    Knowles/Thompson/Walker

Hopefully Owens and then one of Knowles/Thompson/Walker to miss out.

I'd leave Peyroux out personally but the above is more likely.
    Last edited by The Yellow Giraffe; 22nd February 2017 at 12:53.

Learning All The Songs

Owens training the house down obviously

Fairly clear that Owens will miss out, but it's a tough call on the other one. Thompson was very good against Leeds, I thought, and was excellent in pre-season, too. The worst performing front rower last week was Douglas, but I can't see KC dropping him as I think he has him down as a starting prop/pack leader type figure (and hopefully it was just a blip anyway). I think it's probably between Walker and Knowles for the last bench spot.

Quote Originally Posted by Dux View Post
    Fairly clear that Owens will miss out, but it's a tough call on the other one. Thompson was very good against Leeds, I thought, and was excellent in pre-season, too. The worst performing front rower last week was Douglas, but I can't see KC dropping him as I think he has him down as a starting prop/pack leader type figure (and hopefully it was just a blip anyway). I think it's probably between Walker and Knowles for the last bench spot.
    I agree with all of that. Wouldn't like to see Douglas dropped after 1 game as we all saw what he was really capable of during the World Cup and for me should be given another chance on Friday.

I'd personally leave Peyroux out of the 17 and play a back row of Knowles, LMS and Wilkin but I don't think Cunningham will do that.

Got A Season Ticket

Quote Originally Posted by The Yellow Giraffe View Post

LMS and Owens for Greenwood and Ashworth in the 19.

SAINTS have announced their 19-man squad for Friday's Betfred Super League Round Two trip to Leigh Centurions.

Louie McCarthy-Scarsbrook makes a welcome return to the 19 alongside Jack Owens.

Keiron Cunningham will choose his 17 from:

1. Jonny Lomax, 2. Tommy Makinson, 3. Ryan Morgan, 4. Mark Percival, 5. Adam Swift, 6. Theo Fages, 8. Alex Walmsley, 9. James Roby, 10. Kyle Amor, 12. Jon Wilkin, 13. Louie McCarthy-Scarsbrook, 14. Luke Douglas, 15. Adam Walker, 16. Luke Thompson, 17. Tommy Lee, 18. Dominique Peyroux, 20. Morgan Knowles, 21. Jack Owens, 24. Danny Richardson.
    Looks like a strong squad although I feel the "welcome" return of LMS is subjective...

In The South Stand reliable sauce's Avatar

Only LMS as a straight swap for Greenwood for me.

As stated previously Douglas was the poorest of the front rowers against Leeds however it was his first game over here and he missed the majority of pre season. He deserves another shot against Leigh.

I presume Owens being in the squad might mean one of the backs has picked up an injury and KC is seeing if they'll pull through or not.

Got A Season Ticket

Quote Originally Posted by Dux View Post
    Not so sure on Owens missing out to be honest.
    By his addition to the squad it would suggest to me there is a doubt over Lomax and Tommy could possibly go to FB.

If all fit then I aggress with you though personally I would have Tommo and Knowles in every week

Difficult one this. Would like to see Walker, but not sure who misses out. Ok if all fit Owens sits out. Peyroux did not bum against Leeds so not sure how he fits Walker unless he leaves Thompson out, but he played OK also V Leeds.
    Humans are more concerned with having than being.

Got A Season Ticket

Owens and any prop to be rotated week by week. Douglas needs to start to get over last weeks blip, but happy to see amor or Walmesly rested this week

Got A Season Ticket

If Louie's return to the 19 is seen as being "welcome" does that insinuate that Jack Owens' return isn't?

In The South Stand reliable sauce's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by KelCloset View Post
    Owens and any prop to be rotated week by week. Douglas needs to start to get over last weeks blip, but happy to see amor or Walmesly rested this week
    Personally I wouldn't rest Walmsley or Amor for any match unless injured. I don't think we're playing well enough to do that and they are 2 big players for us.

Learning All The Songs

Kieron might drop Morgan for his terrible timed tackle on Moon?

Quote Originally Posted by Rommel View Post
    The more you post the more I think you are constantly on the wind up!

In The South Stand Tez the Saint's Avatar

I do hope so, I'm going to watch Castleford instead if he doesn't. Powell is the best coach in the world ever, I'd have him at Saints as the coach, programme seller, toilet cleaner and grounds man he's that good. Disgraceful tackle it was, one of the worst I've seen on a rugby field. He should retire imminently. It's obvious from the 92 minutes he's played so far that he isn't good enough to be keeping that Thatto under 12's centre out of the team, we never give youth a chance at Saints.
    Steve Prescott MBE (1973-2013)
    V

In The South Stand Tez the Saint's Avatar

Anyway....

I'd guess that we've got an injury doubt in the backline so Owens is in as a precaution. Team for me.

Lomax
    Makinson
    Morgan
    Percy
    Swift
    Richardson
    Fages
    Amor
    Lee
    Douglas
    Peyroux
    LMS
    Wilkin

Roby
    Walmsley
    Thompson
    Walker
    Steve Prescott MBE (1973-2013)
    V

In The North Stand With All The Old Folk STIDDY's Avatar

I think he would be quite happy being dropped, he doesn't like being on a pitch when its below 10 deg.C. !!

Learning All The Songs

The more you post the more I think you are constantly on the wind up!
    It was more tongue in cheek but we know he loves his son-in law so Owens might get the nod?

Banned

I honestly hoped we'd seen the last of Owens. I should've known better.

Could the Owens inclusion possibly be that maybe they are still not sure Lomax is fit from his concussion (even though he must have past the tests)? Thus TM to fullback and Owens on the wing?
    Humans are more concerned with having than being.

Learning All The Songs

Quote Originally Posted by 49er View Post
    Could the Owens inclusion possibly be that maybe they are still not sure Lomax is fit from his concussion (even though he must have past the tests)? Thus TM to fullback and Owens on the wing?
    I think that is a sensible assumption. Regarding the pack yes there is a dilemma regarding Walker surely he has got to play. I assume he may 'rest' Thompson but that is ill deserved after a good perfromance last week. I have said before we are pretty well fixed for forwards. Not so for backs.

Learning All The Songs

Quote Originally Posted by KelCloset View Post
    Rest Amor & Walmsley after one game ?. Richardson will be dropped for Owens to go in the halves

Got A Season Ticket

There must be a doubt on Jonny. Hopefully he is passed fit but if not I am sure Jack Owens won't let us down if he comes in on the wing!
    May look slightly better with Morgan inside him, last year he had everyman and his dog playing centre inside him!

Learning All The Songs Mike Stephenson's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by F4RSH View Post
    There must be a doubt on Jonny. Hopefully he is passed fit but if not I am sure Jack Owens won't let us down if he comes in on the wing!
    May look slightly better with Morgan inside him, last year he had everyman and his dog playing centre inside him!
    Reading the coach Keiron Cunningham's comments from pre-season, I would have thought it would have been Regan Grace who would be next in line to get his chance? http://www.sthelensstar.co.uk/sport/..._Super_League/

He certainly looks to have more speed than Owens, that's for sure.

Regards,

STEVO

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by Mike Stephenson View Post
    Reading the coach Keiron Cunningham's comments from pre-season, I would have thought it would have been Regan Grace who would be next in line to get his chance? http://www.sthelensstar.co.uk/sport/..._Super_League/

He certainly looks to have more speed than Owens, that's for sure.

Regards,

STEVO
    It's not like he doesn't have form for not being entirely truthful or anything.