Chapel House Motor Company Limited Advertising Banner
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Leigh Away

Got A Replica Shirt

Quote Originally Posted by 49er View Post
    Re ticket prices. I refer to my previous entry. I'm sure Leigh's prices for away fans is based on the new rule that the away club get to keep a higher monetary percentage of each ticket if they sell the tickets from (in our case) Saints ticket office. The smaller clubs did not want this as they said it would cost them lost revenue. It was voted in. So maybe that's why they have priced tickets higher for clubs who they know will bring a lot of fans.
    You are right that a number of smaller clubs objected to the change and Leigh was one of them. However the decision to move from 10% to 25% was only taken recently and Leigh set these prices last year when they were promoted.

In The North Stand With All The Old Folk STIDDY's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Drake920 View Post
    The problem is there's only one way in and one way out back to the bypass that takes you up to the Lancs.
    I live on the estate right next to the stadium and it's a nightmare getting off on a match day.
    Pretty sure they have matchday parking at Leigh Cricket Club which is about half a mile from the ground and if you're over that side then it's easy to get back on the East Lancs and wont be much traffic.
    Also Pennington Flash has a decent sized car park which is a 10 min walk to the stadium.
    Thinking of trying that side of St Helens Road, a right hand turn onto any of the main roads out of Leigh is going to be a long wait after the game.

Got A Season Ticket Budgiezilla's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by STIDDY View Post
    Thinking of trying that side of St Helens Road, a right hand turn onto any of the main roads out of Leigh is going to be a long wait after the game.
    Google map...Etherstone, Diamond, Schofield & Buck Street(s) ..only 5 minutes walk to the LSV, and lots of 'side roads' off those streets as well. Good luck with your journey...but nowt else....ha ha !!

Got A Season Ticket

Tickets obviously going well!
    I have shelled out my 25 quid and have been shunted into east stand!
    Any one else in there?
    I presume that is the one along the side where the cameras are that is always empty when I see it on tv?

Got A Season Ticket Budgiezilla's Avatar

That's the one.....

Learning All The Songs

Quote Originally Posted by F4RSH View Post
    Tickets obviously going well!
    I have shelled out my 25 quid and have been shunted into east stand!
    Any one else in there?
    I presume that is the one along the side where the cameras are that is always empty when I see it on tv?
    We'll all give you a wave

Got A Season Ticket

Cheers!

Got A Season Ticket

Got A Season Ticket

Bumper crowd for tommorow. They have nearly sold out the north and west stands for tommorow and we've sold all our south and east stand is close to full in our section. http://leighsportsvillage.advancedti...p-1/36994.html

In The South Stand Tez the Saint's Avatar

Very much looking forward to the game tomorrow night. Should be a great atmosphere, huge number of tickets sold, Friday night. All set up to be a brilliant away trip.

They will come out all guns blazing but as long as we ride out the start we'll be absolutely fine. An early try would be ideal but as long as we're aggressive and match their intensity first 20, our bench will be too much for them I reckon. We need to make sure we don't give them easy access to our half but I don't think they'll be able to go with us over the course of 80 mins.

First away of the season, let's make it a good one.
    Steve Prescott MBE (1973-2013)
    V