Chapel House Motor Company Limited Advertising Banner
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Leigh Away

Starting A Programme Collection

Ok thanks. The report I read listed Leeds first so I wrongly assumed they were at home

In The North Stand With All The Old Folk STIDDY's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Billinge Bren View Post
    I've just called Leigh to enquire about paying on the door on Friday night. There is no cash turnstile. I explained that having young kids to get to bed, I could only decide an hour before kick off. I said I'd sit in another stand if I could pay on the door. I was told I had to buy my tickets over the phone then collect on the night. Oh and would be charged 2 quid more because I am a Saints fan! No wonder fans are put off going to a game at short notice. It's not as if rugby league clubs don't need the income!!

Sent from my SM-G900F using Tapatalk
    If you are taking the kids, don,t buy a pie, mars bar or a twix they could be charging you London mark up prices.

Quote Originally Posted by Billinge Bren View Post
    I've just called Leigh to enquire about paying on the door on Friday night. There is no cash turnstile. I explained that having young kids to get to bed, I could only decide an hour before kick off. I said I'd sit in another stand if I could pay on the door. I was told I had to buy my tickets over the phone then collect on the night. Oh and would be charged 2 quid more because I am a Saints fan! No wonder fans are put off going to a game at short notice. It's not as if rugby league clubs don't need the income!!

I'm on a late Friday but might have been able to get off a bit earlier and hot foot it to Leigh. Was hoping I would be able to pay on the door.

You've saved me a load of hassle there mate thanks. Can't be bothered with that. I'll save my coin for Wembley Sunday

Got A Replica Shirt

Quote Originally Posted by Ralph Fridge View Post
    I'm on a late Friday but might have been able to get off a bit earlier and hot foot it to Leigh. Was hoping I would be able to pay on the door.

You've saved me a load of hassle there mate thanks. Can't be bothered with that. I'll save my coin for Wembley Sunday
    You can pay on the day - just not at the entry to the stand. You have to go to the ticket office first before going to the stand. Crazy system but the queue usually moves quite quickly, especially if you pay at the cash only windows.

Got A Replica Shirt

Quote Originally Posted by Budgiezilla View Post
    Leigh (We) have 5 GRADE A (PRICED) games, they are Leeds, Wigan, St Helens, Warrington & (strangely) Widnes....where it's £22 for home fans to 'stand up' in the North stand, and £25 to sit down in the other 2 or 3 stands. The (adult) prices for the other SL games are £20 & £23. So basically we have increased the price by £2 for the teams that will bring the most fans (apart from Widnes)
    I know a lot of clubs (mostly in football) do it. However, you can't help feeling Leigh are taking advantage of not only Saints but also their own fans by increasing prices for the popular games.

I understand one of the issues the RFL is talking about next year is a fixed price at all grounds for away fans and if you buy your ticket from your own club they will keep half.

In The North Stand With All The Old Folk

Quote Originally Posted by St Leigh View Post
    I know a lot of clubs (mostly in football) do it. However, you can't help feeling Leigh are taking advantage of not only Saints but also their own fans by increasing prices for the popular games.

I understand one of the issues the RFL is talking about next year is a fixed price at all grounds for away fans and if you buy your ticket from your own club they will keep half.
    Away fans should be exempt really, because it is not anyone's fault if their local team just happens to be a bigger draw for some clubs. People in St Helens or Wigan are not financially better off than people in Castleford or Wakefield, so they shouldn't have to pay more just because they are bigger names. Clubs can set their home ticket prices however they want really, because if they get it wrong they'll soon work it out. Leigh have gone down the route of having Category A prices for the biggest home games, but won't most Leigh fans have ST's in the first place? These individual ticket prices are geared towards the fans who will pick and choose their games, so these people aren't likely to turn out for Leigh v Wakefield but will turn out for Leigh v Wigan. So, in reality, the club are trying to squeeze a bit more money from the floating fans, who probably won't care because the difference in price will be irrelevant for them.

But, away tickets should be a flat rate for all games IMO. Away fans are the most committed, dedicated and shat upon group of fans in any sport. Saints fans are basically being charged more because Leigh think more of their floating fans will turn up for games like this. That is the problem away football fans have had for years, with fans of bigger clubs paying hundreds more over a season than fans of other clubs who play down the road simply because their team is a bigger draw for floating fans of the home teams. It's inherently unfair.

Got A Season Ticket

Football away fans have a cap of £30 on away tickets in the premier league don't they? I think £15-20 would be fair for away fans in super league.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Got A Season Ticket Billinge Bren's Avatar

Good points Gray77. It annoys me that there is little flexibility at home or away games if you want to change your plans at the last minute to attend a game on the hoof and pay cash. As another example of inflexibilty, my nephew came up from Oxford for a game last season at the last minute and bought a ticket in the east stand. I went down from my seat in the North stand to go and stand with him for the 2nd half. The steward wouldn't let me under the barrier for safety reasons. The stand was virtually empty. They said if everyone wanted to swap places there would be a stampede! Professional game very often administered by inflexible amateurs. When the product is poor, prices on the rise for away fans and clubs don't want to take your money, I just lose patience and think what else I could be doing on a Friday night. Don't get me started on the disorganisation of the kiosks at TWS.

In The North Stand With All The Old Folk paulscnthorpe's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by macca24 View Post
    Football away fans have a cap of £30 on away tickets in the premier league don't they? I think £15-20 would be fair for away fans in super league.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro
    My thoughts exactly.. if there were £15 I reckon you'd have 3k saints fans at Leigh on Friday

Learning All The Songs

The Saints end has sold out which suggests the pricing was spot on.

Banned

First season back is always a novelty and compared to Wakey it is not a bad price however RL has a limited number of customers and they can't keep paying. The CC final has taken a hit because I believe Magic Weekend has attracted the neutrals who like a drink and a good overnight trip. Catalans remains popular and rightly so but with sterling weakening and the bigger clubs going early doors this year the effect will be interesting. All the best to Leigh following Friday some great people from the NR cup days in Alan Rowley and Penky they deserve some success.

Got A Replica Shirt

I agree that away prices should be capped, like football, being an Arsenal fan i know they pay an additional £4 towards each ticket meaning Arsenal fans only pay £26 for every away game

Saying the prices are right for the Leigh game I don't agree with, if you want to go and watch your teamyou pay the price, plus it's only down the road and it's not on Sky

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by Drake920 View Post
    That height barrier was only installed last year to deter travellers as you say.
    They caused a mess on there

Who'd have thunk it?

Pikey scum.

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by Voll au Vent View Post
    Salford website doesn't work!
    Nor does the club in general!

Quote Originally Posted by Voll au Vent View Post
    Catalans £18.75 (sitting) Best Value!!
    Give Wrexit another few months & our currency will be so knackered, it'll be the most expensive ticket price.

Got A Season Ticket Budgiezilla's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by St Leigh View Post

Fully agreed, you are being forced to pay extra, because you are one of the TOP sides. The fact that you will bring more fans than anybody else (or Wigan or Warrington) anyway, Leigh are doing 'very well' out of the fixture already.....

Got A Season Ticket

Over 6,000 tickets have already been sold, including in excess of 2,000 to Saints fans who have sold out the South stand and are already starting to fill the East Stand at their end with a drive and ambition to get to the half way line!.
    This is from the Leigh website, saints should easily fill the east to half way, be interesting if they will give saints more if they sell it by today or early tommorow. Great following happy to see this, think the fact it's first time saints are going to Leigh sports village which is the factor but it's down the road so no excuses really. Come on let's sell more and fill that east stand! Would love to see this.

In The North Stand With All The Old Folk The Yellow Giraffe's Avatar

Really looking forward to this one now. Should be a great atmosphere and hopefully an entertaining game. Leigh normally score plenty points so we are going to have to take the shackles off a bit this weekend to beat them I think.
    NEVER WRITE OFF THE SAINTS

Learning All The Songs theres only one stan wall's Avatar

Leigh won't cope with Saints in the forwards. Can only see a Saints win

10/12/1989 12-12 v Dewsbury (H) Regal Trophy.
    Att:5,847 (Loyal supporter ever since).

Learning All The Songs

Quote Originally Posted by theres only one stan wall View Post
    Leigh won't cope with Saints in the forwards. Can only see a Saints win
    We should attack Vea as we know his deffence isn't the strongest?

Matty Dawson to get a hatrick?

Noooobie

Quote Originally Posted by paulscnthorpe View Post
    My thoughts exactly.. if there were £15 I reckon you'd have 3k saints fans at Leigh on Friday
    If this were the case Saints cut of the ticket sales would be £11250. As it is, if only 2000 saints fans attend their cut would be £12500. This is assuming the figures are for adult tickets bought.
    Also worth noting under 18's get in as juniors at Leigh not 16 as Saints.

In The North Stand With All The Old Folk The Yellow Giraffe's Avatar

According to Saints twitter this morning, there will be 3000 of us there anyway.
    NEVER WRITE OFF THE SAINTS

In The South Stand

Quote Originally Posted by Webbo Again View Post
    Nor does the club in general!

Give Wrexit another few months & our currency will be so knackered, it'll be the most expensive ticket price.
    Wrexit? Oh, a political comment, thought initially it was a reference to Wrexham FC not a witty political point.

Re ticket prices. I refer to my previous entry. I'm sure Leigh's prices for away fans is based on the new rule that the away club get to keep a higher monetary percentage of each ticket if they sell the tickets from (in our case) Saints ticket office. The smaller clubs did not want this as they said it would cost them lost revenue. It was voted in. So maybe that's why they have priced tickets higher for clubs who they know will bring a lot of fans.
    Humans are more concerned with having than being.

Quote Originally Posted by 49er View Post
    Re ticket prices. I refer to my previous entry. I'm sure Leigh's prices for away fans is based on the new rule that the away club get to keep a higher monetary percentage of each ticket if they sell the tickets from (in our case) Saints ticket office. The smaller clubs did not want this as they said it would cost them lost revenue. It was voted in. So maybe that's why they have priced tickets higher for clubs who they know will bring a lot of fans.

I hope Saints return the compliment when they visit us.

Got A Season Ticket Voll au Vent's Avatar

Looks like there's going to be 3000 Saints fans at £25 (adults) anyway, good business by the Leythers!