Chapel House Motor Company Limited Advertising Banner
Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast

Thread: Zeb Taia - Confirmed

Learning All The Songs

Quote Originally Posted by paulscnthorpe View Post
    Warrington were waxing lyrical about him vs Catalans, but I thought he was bullied, looking at his stats he made 30 tackles but missed four, and made 71m at 5m a carry. Against Leeds Thompson for example made 40 tackles, missing 3 but made 91m at 6 per carry
    On the evidence to date Thompson every time and even he is on the fringes at Saint's so Savalio would not get much game time here. It remains to be seen if Warrington's offload of Harrison in favour on Savalio pays off. He will have to improve a hell of a lot to match Harrison. However I understand Warrington in a way because they have an ageing Benny Westwood in the back row so probably looking to the future. After a dispute over contractual issues Warrington have now paid Harriosn off so he is a free agent.

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by teddlyf View Post
    Back to Greenwood- quoted as saying part of the reason was his move is that he'll be in England reckoning now. If we want to keep players playing in SL, it'd probably be best to not allow them to think that moving Aus will automatically result in an England cap (which it pretty much has done in recent years)
    In all likelyhood he's probably right as long as he makes a half decent fist of it over there. He's gone anyway now and fair play to the lad, I hope he realises his potential.

Learning All The Songs The Chief's Avatar

Considering Mike Cooper became an automatic choice for England just because hed winged an NRL contract would pretty much guarantee Greenwood a place now Cooper is back in SL.

Got A Season Ticket

I thought Cooper had a great game for Wire on Saturday and if he keeps playing like that he will be a shoe in regardless of what league he is playing in

Quote Originally Posted by The Chief View Post
    Considering Mike Cooper became an automatic choice for England just because hed winged an NRL contract would pretty much guarantee Greenwood a place now Cooper is back in SL.

In The South Stand

So you don't think his consistently good for for St.George had anything to do with his international selection ?

Learning All The Songs The Chief's Avatar

I personally dont think Cooper was any better than some of the other props running around in SL last year, Kyle Amor, Scott Taylor...even Liam Watts.

Starting A Programme Collection

I personally dont think Cooper was any better than some of the other props running around in SL last year, Kyle Amor, Scott Taylor...even Liam Watts.
    Isn't he a second row?

Got A Season Ticket

Im not saying he is but he played consistently well for St George last year and was one of the best forwards on the field on Saturday. Im not saying come October there wont be players ahead of him but at present his place is deserved regardless of him playing in the NRL or SL

Learning All The Songs

Looking at this weeks squad for the Leigh game some players are going to start getting upset when they are dropped for Zeb. But good for us fans as they have to perform every week.

Learning All The Songs Mike Stephenson's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by saint cross View Post
    I thought Cooper had a great game for Wire on Saturday and if he keeps playing like that he will be a shoe in regardless of what league he is playing in
    I agree. And I like his attitude- I thought he came across very well in his comments to the media prior to the game. He proved his point on the field too.

With regards to Greenwood, I think he has a lot to prove. He is a long way behind Liam Farrell and Ben Currie as far as I'm concerned for that left sided second row spot. Then there's Brett Ferres as well.

Regards,

STEVO

Zeb's visa to take between 2-3 weeks. Not sure when that is from, so guessing he won't be ready for Wakey.

http://www.sthelensstar.co.uk/sport/...Taia/?ref=ebls

The article carries some interesting comments from KC re the situation with Zeb and Joe.
    Last edited by 49er; 24th February 2017 at 08:53.
    Humans are more concerned with having than being.

Quote Originally Posted by 49er View Post
    Zeb's visa to take between 2-3 weeks. Not sure when that is from, so guessing he won't be ready for Wakey.

The article carries some interesting comments from KC re the situation with Zeb and Joe.
    I'm looking forward to see what Taia does in a Saints shirt. If he plays to the level he's capable of, we've got an exciting player on our hands and hopefully something that takes us in the right direction towards becoming an entertaining side again. That's what I yearn for just as much as success in terms of trophies.I realise we're a few players short of the entertainers of old - but i think Zeb is a step in the right direction.

A note on KC. Don't think he's done himself many favours in the past with his media reports - but this one is balanced and well thought through. Perhaps he's had some media training or guidance recently or it's coming with experience? I just think it reads pretty well and also a step in the right direction from the coach.

Learning All The Songs

I'd like him to come out and say whether we do actually have first refusal on Joe if things don't work out

Learning All The Songs yogi bear's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Loose Forward Bloke View Post
    I'd like him to come out and say whether we do actually have first refusal on Joe if things don't work out
    This is something Wigan have done well in recent years with the likes of Tomkins x2, Burgess and probably Charnley if they wanted - looking at how he's started at Sale.

Instead of breaking the bank to try and keep hold of these players - let them go and then pick them back up at a more sensible contract when things haven't worked out. Obviously you run the risk of losing some like we did with James Graham - but realistically being a true world class player we was never going to be able to keep hold of him, I wouldn't put JG in the bracket without a massive improvement - I'd suspect he will become available to SL sides in 2 years.

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by Loose Forward Bloke View Post
    I don't think you can put a first refusal clause in a contract , I think you get the option to make the first offer but if someone offers more the player can choose there instead .

Learning All The Songs

ZEB on his way, Christ we need him

https://twitter.com/JZTaia

Good news! Seems like he's looking forward to come over. Looks like a good club man too.

In The North Stand With All The Old Folk STIDDY's Avatar

Excellent news, hopefully will be playing on Friday.

In The South Stand Tez the Saint's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by St. Christopher View Post
    Good news! Seems like he's looking forward to come over. Looks like a good club man too.
    He's a good player but unless Fages starts targeting the right defenders in attack, he'll smashed every week anyway.
    Steve Prescott MBE (1973-2013)
    V

In The North Stand With All The Old Folk Belgian Saint's Avatar

After Leigh it might now be him thinking 3 years is too long.

Be surprised if he plays Friday. If he does and has a quiet game wonder if some fans will say he was a crap buy come 10pm Friday ?

Be surprised if he plays Friday. If he does and has a quiet game wonder if some fans will say he was a crap buy come 10pm Friday ?
    I'm sure several will be saying he's crap by 8:05pm.

Quote Originally Posted by Dux View Post
    I'm sure several will be saying he's crap by 8:05pm.
    You are right.

Learning All The Songs

As long as he puts in a better performance than Douglas has in his opening 2 games?

Learning All The Songs yogi bear's Avatar

He's actually the first signing since Mosoe I'm looking forward to seeing.

Just hope we can get him running on to the ball out wide and not just inside drop offs where he runs straight back in to traffic.