Chapel House Motor Company Limited Advertising Banner

Thread: MOTD & Women Commentators

Learning All The Songs

Default MOTD & Women Commentators

I watched MOTD last night, and they had a woman commentating on one of the matches and she was dreadful. This may sound sexist and it probably is, but i don't mind them commentating on women's football or hockey. But please not men's football. They are just as bad on the radio as well. Who can forget the woman who commentated on the Saints/Leeds match a few years back. When our very own Richie Wellens got a Hat-trick. I think the commentator for that match was Jacqui Oatley.

Quote Originally Posted by pramtown View Post
    I watched MOTD last night, and they had a woman commentating on one of the matches and she was dreadful. This may sound sexist and it probably is, but i don't mind them commentating on women's football or hockey. But please not men's football. They are just as bad on the radio as well. Who can forget the woman who commentated on the Saints/Leeds match a few years back. When our very own Richie Wellens got a Hat-trick. I think the commentator for that match was Jacqui Oatley.
    There was a rugby match on telly some time ago, and the woman commentator sounded like she was at the races! Fine, if like horses, but when you're watching a rugby game, a proper commentary would be more applicable, preferably someone who knows the laws of the game, rules are for football and other sport. Ended up turning the sound off, I get enough irritation from Wig-on colleagues at work...