Chapel House Motor Company Limited Advertising Banner
Page 1 of 13 1234511 ... LastLast

Thread: Even Saints want a Wigan win!

Default Even Saints want a Wigan win!

Do we?
    http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/rugby-league

I am not a fan of the WCC so I certainly don't. I dislike the whole concept so if the Aussies stuffing both RL teams puts the WCC to bed once and for all I will be happy to see a roasting for both RL teams.
    But that's just my opinion.
    Humans are more concerned with having than being.

In The North Stand With All The Old Folk The Yellow Giraffe's Avatar

It's not about the WCC concept for me; it's our rivals winning a trophy and for that reason I don't want them to win. I'm honestly not fussed if Warrington beat Brisbane or not; I'll watch the game as a neutral and not be too bothered about the outcome. But wanting Wigan to be World Champions? Not a chance.
    NEVER WRITE OFF THE SAINTS

I don't

Having gone to the WCC at langtree 2 years ago, I was amazed how many pie eating 6 fingered weirdos turned up in Sydney tops, and their obvious delight at watching us take a stuffing. I for one am hoping to see that happen to them- how sad are they to spend £50 on a top and £30 on a ticket to suppport an Aussie team against us! Really want to see the arrogant inbreds lose.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Stop fence sitting...

Learning All The Songs

Sorry Pie Eaters i want you to get smashed i supprt anyone who plays wigan

In The South Stand Paul Newlove's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by scrogger View Post
    Having gone to the WCC at langtree 2 years ago, I was amazed how many pie eating 6 fingered weirdos turned up in Sydney tops, and their obvious delight at watching us take a stuffing. I for one am hoping to see that happen to them- how sad are they to spend £50 on a top and £30 on a ticket to suppport an Aussie team against us! Really want to see the arrogant inbreds lose.

I was thinking a Wigan win would have been good for the game but you've convinced me otherwise now. I forgot about that but they did you're right.

Learning All The Songs SaintJon's Avatar

The club and players might but only for the good of the game in the country; as for the fans? PAHAHA not a chance

Learning All The Songs

Quote Originally Posted by scrogger View Post

I don't see anything wrong with Wigan fans wanting Saints to get beat, just as I will take great delight if Wigan get beat, super league is nothing without rivalry

In The North Stand With All The Old Folk Belgian Saint's Avatar

I came on here a few years ago after returning to Europe having lived in Aussie and numerous other countries. At that time I said I would be supporting a British team over an Aussie team. I can only imagine that many years away had diluted my boyhood and youth hatred of Wigan. After a number of years back in Europe and attending games every year it's back in full flow. While I still hope SL doesn't get embarrased I hope Wigan get smashed.

A win for Wigan isn't good for the game, its good for Wigan and only Wigan.

Learning All The Songs

Quote Originally Posted by Tallahassee View Post
    Absolutely right

Got A Replica Shirt

Quote Originally Posted by Tallahassee View Post
    What about Old Rogues?

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by The Yellow Giraffe View Post
    It's not about the WCC concept for me; it's our rivals winning a trophy and for that reason I don't want them to win. I'm honestly not fussed if Warrington beat Brisbane or not; I'll watch the game as a neutral and not be too bothered about the outcome. But wanting Wigan to be World Champions? Not a chance.
    This

Sharks for me.

I can honestly say I have supported Wigan three times in my life:

2 x Versus Bath in the cross code challenge games
    1 x Twickenham 7's

When its RL v RU only one team to back otherwise its come on anybody but Wigan, Taliban , Al Queda, ISIS before Wigan -

In The North Stand With All The Old Folk STIDDY's Avatar

When we played and beat Brisbane Broncos at the Bolton ground was it not Uncle Mo who wanted to see more ticket sales and went to press asking neutrals to come and support Brisbane. For that reason don't mind a close score with an energy sapping game so that Wigan will struggle the week after, I'll go for a brexit and say 52% for Brisbane 48% Wigoons.

WARNING! PIE EATER!

I think a Wigan or Wire win would be good for the game over here. There's been far too much negativity. However I fully understand the majority of Saints supporters not wanting their main rivals to win, that's the nature of sporting rivalry.
    One thing the game doesn't need is an embarrassing 30 or 40 point defeat of the English teams.

I was at the WCC dinner at Wigan last night, around 450 people there including the Cronulla chief exec and coach. One interesting point of note from Ian Lenagan is that discussions are quite a way down the line for next years games to be played in Aus with a good chance that there will also be Superleague game(s) over there and that Wigan would hope to be involved at some stage.

I as I said in the start of this topic I am not a fan of the WCC so therefore selfishly want it to fail. Plus I could never support any other team. I understand if you want to see the WCC continue, then you must want RL teams to win to make it a success. So you will have to swallow a Wigan win for that to happen.
    I don't want us anywhere near the NRL. I want us to spend more effort expanding to North America.
    I have also heard that talks are underway about having a 'big' RL opening season game being played in Australia. A Saints V Wigan game has been muted. I would see my arse if that happens.

In The North Stand With All The Old Folk STIDDY's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by 49er View Post
    I don't want us anywhere near the NRL. I want us to spend more effort expanding to North America.I have also heard that talks are underway about having a 'big' RL opening season game being played in Australia. A Saints V Wigan game has been muted. I would see my arse if that happens.
    Terrible idea, a game with less than a thousand fans from both teams to showcase how terrible the standard of super league is. It should be the other way around 2 top NRL teams playing in a NRL match in the UK to indicate the standards required to compete at top level.

In The South Stand

Quote Originally Posted by Rogues Gallery View Post
    I think a Wigan or Wire win would be good for the game over here. There's been far too much negativity. However I fully understand the majority of Saints supporters not wanting their main rivals to win, that's the nature of sporting rivalry.
    One thing the game doesn't need is an embarrassing 30 or 40 point defeat of the English teams.

I was at the WCC dinner at Wigan last night, around 450 people there including the Cronulla chief exec and coach. One interesting point of note from Ian Lenagan is that discussions are quite a way down the line for next years games to be played in Aus with a good chance that there will also be Superleague game(s) over there and that Wigan would hope to be involved at some stage.
    Super League game (s) in Oz? How would that be to anyone's benefit? I s'pose Lenagan is still thrilled with the massive success of playing at The New Den! Hope Wigan get annihilated. The whole WCC concept is completely flawed and exists, in reality, to give the antipodean teams a good run out before they hit their straps. Complete waste of time as far as GB teams are concerned. More likely to pick up injuries than silverware.

WARNING! PIE EATER!

Quote Originally Posted by Prez View Post
    Super League game (s) in Oz? How would that be to anyone's benefit? I s'pose Lenagan is still thrilled with the massive success of playing at The New Den! Hope Wigan get annihilated. The whole WCC concept is completely flawed and exists, in reality, to give the antipodean teams a good run out before they hit their straps. Complete waste of time as far as GB teams are concerned. More likely to pick up injuries than silverware.
    Get used to the idea, it's going to happen. Lenagan said last night, "We are already planning for 2018 and is is possible, no it's probable that Wigan will play a Superleague game in Australia in February"
    The interview is now on Wigan t.v.

It would appear that Tony Smith and Wire are also keen for it to happen. Like all things it would have to be commercially viable.

In The South Stand

Quote Originally Posted by Rogues Gallery View Post
    Get used to the idea, it's going to happen. Lenagan said last night, "We are already planning for 2018 and is is possible, no it's probable that Wigan will play a Superleague game in Australia in February"
    The interview is now on Wigan t.v.
    And the beneficiaries would be? What is the point? Rather like taking coals (inferior ones at that) to Newcastle. I really can't see why NRL fans would want to see SL clubs playing? Unless it's for some light comic relief. Wigan fans would certainly not be the beneficiaries, losing a home game (I presume?). Is this someone's idea of expansion? To grow the game in the country where it's strongest? Why not take the London Monarchs (if they still exist) to the NFL? I think it's safe to say that the Aussies have the superior league, so why would anyone want to watch SL teams? Perhaps some disenfranchised souls longing for the homeland?

WARNING! PIE EATER!

And the beneficiaries would be? What is the point? Rather like taking coals (inferior ones at that) to Newcastle. I really can't see why NRL fans would want to see SL clubs playing? Unless it's for some light comic relief. Wigan fans would certainly not be the beneficiaries, losing a home game (I presume?). Is this someone's idea of expansion? To grow the game in the country where it's strongest? Why not take the London Monarchs (if they still exist) to the NFL? I think it's safe to say that the Aussies have the superior league, so why would anyone want to watch SL teams? Perhaps some disenfranchised souls longing for the homeland?
    What if they took the game to Perth which has a big ex. pat. community? Lenagan and Moran are financially astute I'm sure they would want (get) a deal that would suit, Wigan certainly made money from the 2105 game v Roosters and if fans know well in advance plenty will travel.

A trip to Australia, is it just to eye up the talent? and I mean the Aussies looking at ours because as we know its as rare as rocking horse s**t a decent Aussie or Kiwi wants to come here unless they are at the end of the careers or aren't wanted.

Banned

I really can't see why NRL fans would want to see SL clubs playing? Unless it's for some light comic relief.
    Insomnia cure?