Chapel House Motor Company Limited Advertising Banner
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Opening Weekend Attendances

Quote Originally Posted by Div View Post
    I thought£25 was steep for Leigh. Most of our local rivals pinned it at £20 last season in advance.
    Could this be something to do with the percentage change in the amount of money the away team gets now if tickets are sold. Not sure of the figure, but I understand if the away fans buy tickets from their own club then their club gets a bigger cut now tha last season. Leigh was one of the clubs who voted against it saying it will cost them a lot in lost revenue. Obviously the clubs with a big away following voted for it.
    So if you buy an away ticket buy it from Saints as they get more money.
    Humans are more concerned with having than being.

In The North Stand With All The Old Folk

Category A and Category B games are now big in football. Alot of clubs mark up the price of the 6 biggest games because they are obviously the games that have the most demand. Unfortunately it wasn't fair on the fans of the big clubs who had to pay more for an away ticket than the non Big 6 teams. I think I remember reading that the disparity between what Liverpool and Everton fans paid for away tickets over the course of an average season was hundreds, despite both groups having the same economic background.

I hope we don't start seeing this in RL, were Saints and Wigan fans start getting charged more for away tickets than Widnes and Salford, simply because we are seen as a bigger home game for other clubs.

Got A Season Ticket

i dont think it will happen but i hope a lot of fans stay away from the games involving the bigger teams and leigh realise it will cost them more as fans stay away i dont mind the discount if you buy in advance even though that isnt always a option for me but for me to now spend 25 a another club fan can spend less is what i dont agree with so i wont be spending 50 for me and me lad to get in plus the 20-30 on food and drink

I'm off to Australia in April and have just bought a couple of tickets for the hill at Leichardt Oval for Wests v Cronulla at the end of the month. £17.50 each at today's exchange rate, which is pretty good value.

Quote Originally Posted by Gray77 View Post
    I'm off to Australia in April and have just bought a couple of tickets for the hill at Leichardt Oval for Wests v Cronulla at the end of the month. £17.50 each at today's exchange rate, which is pretty good value.
    $30 for a beer though..

Learning All The Songs

RL prices have got carried away in recent years. £25 too steep especially when every minute doesnt count !

Internationals, Magic weekend etc good value but week by week league games getting steep

In The South Stand

£17.50 to sit on the grass ? seriously though it should be an experience i'm quite envious

Quote Originally Posted by brook View Post
    £17.50 to sit on the grass ? seriously though it should be an experience i'm quite envious
    I plan on standing on it!

Got A Season Ticket

You will get the locals shouting abuse.....Leichardt oval reminds me of Wheldon Road....similar colouring too. You should have a great time and the beer is only $5 a pint....well for a schooner....

Got A Season Ticket

You will get the locals hurling abuse if you stand in front of them.....Reminds me of Wheldon Road, quite atmospheric. You will have a great time in Balmain. The beer is only $5 a pint....well schooner....

Quote Originally Posted by Saint_down_under View Post
    You will get the locals hurling abuse if you stand in front of them.....Reminds me of Wheldon Road, quite atmospheric. You will have a great time in Balmain. The beer is only $5 a pint....well schooner....
    Yeah, looking forward to it. We're doing Melbourne, Tasmania then ending in Sydney and the Blue Mountains. Plan on hopefully going down to Wollongong on the same weekend and watching the Dragons v Melbourne as well. I've always wanted to go to Leichardt, and I fear in ten years it won't be an NRL ground. Having watched alot of games there on TV I know there's a place on the Hill under the trees at the back where people stand, so that's where I'll aim for.

See Hull FC have sold 12,000 + tickets for tonight's game so far V Catalans and are hoping to pass their sales against them last season. That's positive considering it's a Thursday night (although I guess tickets were bought before this wind and rain came).

Quote Originally Posted by 49er View Post
    See Hull FC have sold 12,000 + tickets for tonight's game so far V Catalans and are hoping to pass their sales against them last season. That's positive considering it's a Thursday night (although I guess tickets were bought before this wind and rain came).
    If Catalans have any sense, they'll claim their plane couldn't land in the high winds and head back to Canet Plage beach.