Chapel House Motor Company Limited Advertising Banner

Thread: LFC ban Sun reporters

In The South Stand

Learning All The Songs

I bet they don't ban Sky Sports reporters.

Its took them long enough.
    Last edited by Tallahassee; 10th February 2017 at 17:21.

In The North Stand With All The Old Folk

I was always amazed that this wasn't done years ago. I think the campaign that has been going around for different retailers and the council to ban the paper has enabled the club to make the move. A little late but still the right thing to do.

In The North Stand With All The Old Folk Scouse Don's Avatar
    Blatherings on That Saints podcast.Back home in St.Helens and in the South stand for service

I am generally surprised anyone buys the paper anyway and absolutely nonsensical rag.
    Learned comment from The Don

In The West Stand

Quote Originally Posted by Gray77 View Post
    I was always amazed that this wasn't done years ago. I think the campaign that has been going around for different retailers and the council to ban the paper has enabled the club to make the move. A little late but still the right thing to do.
    Personally think they are embarrassing themselves now.

The whole campaign regarding Hillsbrough was justified and the exposure of how corrupt the establishment is over such issues was something that needed to be done. That aspect of it has dragged on and on because that is how long it takes to fight the corrupt system.

This latest story is in my view needlessly dragging a separate issue on and on. The reporting by the sun was deplorable, but that was known about 10 - 20 years ago....so ban them at the time. There is nothing to overcome, its easy to do so just do it. To drag this on and on now makes Liverpool look stupid IMO.

Also, something that was touched on earlier in the thread and worth re-iterating.....they aint banning SKY are they? Funny that. I'd actually have some respect for them if they did and to not do so shows an inconsistency.

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by johnnyl View Post
    Personally think they are embarrassing themselves now.

The whole campaign regarding Hillsbrough was justified and the exposure of how corrupt the establishment is over such issues was something that needed to be done. That aspect of it has dragged on and on because that is how long it takes to fight the corrupt system.

This latest story is in my view needlessly dragging a separate issue on and on. The reporting by the sun was deplorable, but that was known about 10 - 20 years ago....so ban them at the time. There is nothing to overcome, its easy to do so just do it. To drag this on and on now makes Liverpool look stupid IMO.

Also, something that was touched on earlier in the thread and worth re-iterating.....they aint banning SKY are they? Funny that. I'd actually have some respect for them if they did and to not do so shows an inconsistency.
    Likely because the Premier League has a contract with SKY and Liverpool as a Premier League club cant just ban Sky in lieu of this.

There was a guy on 5 live last week from a Hillsborough group who was asked about SKY and the Times etc and he stated that as it was the Sun who printed the disparaging remarks the buck effectively stopped at the writers and Mackenzie. I don't recall the Times reaction and if Sky was around at the time it was before Muurdoch got involved.

Sent from my SM-G920F using Tapatalk

In The West Stand

Quote Originally Posted by barry View Post
    There was a guy on 5 live last week from a Hillsborough group who was asked about SKY and the Times etc and he stated that as it was the Sun who printed the disparaging remarks the buck effectively stopped at the writers and Mackenzie. I don't recall the Times reaction and if Sky was around at the time it was before Muurdoch got involved.

Sent from my SM-G920F using Tapatalk
    Wasn't really the point though, was it.

People might be easily duped by "the buck stops at....." however the reality is that the most senior levels are accountable for it. Granted, they didn't write the article but they could have stepped in and resolved the situation. The fact that they didn't shows exactly what they are about.

As for SKY not being around then, this is hardly relevant....the corporate leadership of SKY now is the same as the corporate leadership of the Sun / NOTW then.

Default Sun

Quote Originally Posted by Scouse Don View Post
    I am generally surprised anyone buys the paper anyway and absolutely nonsensical rag.
    Watched Porridge the other day, and 'Fletch' asked for a copy of the Sun, and something to read!