Chapel House Motor Company Limited Advertising Banner
Page 1 of 7 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Saints v Leeds (Feb 9)

Got A Season Ticket

Default Saints v Leeds (Feb 9)

Hello all,

I'm looking forward to the Saints first league game this season next week.
    As I've mentioned before, I'm now living in Liverpool (having moved from Brazil), so I'm planning on going to quite a few home matches this year.

I've been to two Saints games before but still haven't met with any of the forum members here. I'd love to change that for the Leeds game. Is there a pub people go to have a drink before a match?

Cheers
    Diego
    St Helens fan from Rio de Janeiro, Brazil

In The South Stand KentishBarry's Avatar

The George in George Street is a safe bet that you'll meet someone from here.
    Wear something that identifies you...a Brazil shirt maybe?

In The North Stand With All The Old Folk STIDDY's Avatar

Also the Glass House near the market.

In The South Stand Paul Newlove's Avatar

I thought you were pulling people's legs a few years ago Diego, I thought it was someone pretending to be from Rio but I have seen you posting on Liverpool fans forum and wasn't you at a game with Brazilian flag last year.

Learning All The Songs

Quote Originally Posted by KentishBarry View Post
    He could shave his pubes into a Brazilian style

Quote Originally Posted by Paul Newlove View Post
    I thought you were pulling people's legs a few years ago Diego, I thought it was someone pretending to be from Rio but I have seen you posting on Liverpool fans forum and wasn't you at a game with Brazilian flag last year.

Ha ha Nah he was asking about trains to Warrington last year. YG was helping him out. Around the same time Col 81 turned up..

Got A Season Ticket

I don't have one with me here I'm afraid. I do have a Brazilian flag though, guess I could take that to the game.

Which LFC forum was that mate? I am a regular poster on LFC Reds but once in a while I post on RAWK as well. I only went to one game last season (semi v Warrington) because I arrived in the UK in late September but I did not take my Brazilian flag! Maybe there is another Brazilian Saints fan somewhere? haha

Quote Originally Posted by Ralph Fridge View Post
    Ha ha Nah he was asking about trains to Warrington last year. YG was helping him out. Around the same time Col 81 turned up..
    Last month coming back from a football match I had to switch trains at Warrington Central. I was a bit ••••ed and started singing 'wanky Warrington" and was joined by a couple of Widnes fans also in the station. Haha

Banned

I thought you were pulling people's legs a few years ago Diego, I thought it was someone pretending to be from Rio
    No!

Quote Originally Posted by Diego View Post
    I don't have one with me here I'm afraid. I do have a Brazilian flag though, guess I could take that to the game.

Which LFC forum was that mate? I am a regular poster on LFC Reds but once in a while I post on RAWK as well. I only went to one game last season (semi v Warrington) because I arrived in the UK in late September but I did not take my Brazilian flag! Maybe there is another Brazilian Saints fan somewhere? haha

Last month coming back from a football match I had to switch trains at Warrington Central. I was a bit ••••ed and started singing 'wanky Warrington" and was joined by a couple of Widnes fans also in the station. Haha

Just realised...my post could have been interpreted that you may have been Col 81 as well. Apologies, as I know that isn't the case

In The South Stand KentishBarry's Avatar

I guess that would work if you waved it around in the pub, but that could be difficult if it's busy.
    How about a Brazilian hat like Carmen Mirandas?

In The South Stand

I guess that would work if you waved it around in the pub, but that could be difficult if it's busy.
    How about a Brazilian hat like Carmen Mirandas?
    I think he's too young to remember Carmen Miranda Barry!

Got A Season Ticket zerohero1266's Avatar

You could always walk into The George & show off your new Brazillian , I guarantee that would get you noticed !

In The South Stand Paul Newlove's Avatar

I tell you what Diego we must have another Brazilian Saints fan as someone definitely had a Brazil flag at that match. We did used to sing "it's just like watching Brazil" but it's a long time since that was sung...
    Could have been a relative of Ade Gardner a former player on our coaching staff he's half Brazilian.

Yes mate,LFC reds it is I sometimes go on, a mad Liverpool and Saints fan you'll do for me.

Got A Season Ticket

To which stand should I buy my ticket? I don't mind standing and I think the terrace is the cheapest option, so was thinking of getting one there

Learning All The Songs

Quote Originally Posted by STIDDY View Post
    Also the Glass House near the market.
    If you want to get served in there before the kick off, best get to bar about now.

Banned

The worst part is though you know it is just one person before you and then your served and then you hear this "table 33 can i order food for eight with starters "all bloody different" eight main courses "all bloody different" then they start ordering from the super doper menu for the under tens. Head bowed the intrepid drinker leaves the Glass Hpuse and joins the shop doorway dwellers outside and shares an Oranjeboom with Bazdev.

To which stand should I buy my ticket? I don't mind standing and I think the terrace is the cheapest option, so was thinking of getting one there

West Stand
    St Helens Openwater Swimming Society

Looking out from the top of Table Mountain

I tell you what Diego we must have another Brazilian Saints fan as someone definitely had a Brazil flag at that match. We did used to sing "it's just like watching Brazil" but it's a long time since that was sung...
    From what I have heard Brazil play the 'grind' now so maybe some on here would say Saints and Brazil are quite alike now.
    Humans are more concerned with having than being.

In The South Stand

Could have been a relative of Ade Gardner a former player on our coaching staff he's half Brazilian.

Yes mate,LFC reds it is I sometimes go on, a mad Liverpool and Saints fan you'll do for me.

Hmm he's only half alright for me

Just noticed Jordan Lilley has gone on loan to Bradford from Leeds. I thought he would feature for Leeds, but guess not.
    Only a month initially. So even Leeds don't rate their young boys.
    Humans are more concerned with having than being.

In The North Stand With All The Old Folk Belgian Saint's Avatar

Quick question for Buddy, Saint Down under etc. Do any of you know if and when the game is on TV??

Got A Season Ticket

Quote Originally Posted by Belgian Saint View Post
    Quick question for Buddy, Saint Down under etc. Do any of you know if and when the game is on TV??
    In NZ the game is on Friday morning on Sky Sport 2 at 8.00 am. Not sure about viewing times or channels in Aus but if it is live it will be on about 6.00 am in NSW and 5.00 am in QLD.

In The North Stand With All The Old Folk Buddy's Avatar

Default Saints v Leeds (Feb 9)

Quote Originally Posted by Belgian Saint View Post
    Yes it's on fox sports at 5am but I would guess kick off won't be until 6

In The North Stand With All The Old Folk Belgian Saint's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Buddy View Post
    Yes it's on fox sports at 5am but I would guess kick off won't be until 6
    Thanks mate.