Chapel House Motor Company Limited Advertising Banner

Thread: Nigel Wood

In The South Stand

Default Nigel Wood

Question and Answers, Twitter. Starts 3 hours.

https://twitter.com/TheRFL

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by doghead View Post
    Question and Answers, Twitter. Starts 3 hours.

https://twitter.com/TheRFL

Another publicity stunt by buffet boy ask a difficult question and you won't be on the list of eatable delights.

In The North Stand With All The Old Folk

I just read the twitter feed of this Q&A and it was better than I thought it'd be. There are questions to Wood about league structure, Ashes Tours, Thursday night TV games and the games future. Somebody managed to tell him RL would be semi-pro within five years if he stayed in his role, and somebody sneaked in a question about which club lays on the best buffet spread! Wood played a straight bat (or had a scripted answer) to most of them, but it seems that critical questions do get through.

Learning All The Songs Kakariki's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Furlongs View Post
    Another publicity stunt by buffet boy ask a difficult question and you won't be on the list of eatable delights.
    Every time Nigel Wood gets a mention do we really need a comment on the man's size? It's like childhood bullying.
    He's a big lad, so are lots of us on here. Should we have a dig about posters' weights every time they post?

By all means slag him off for being incompetent, ineffective, or whatever, but can we grow up a bit?

Starting A Programme Collection paulx2's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Kakariki View Post
    Every time Nigel Wood gets a mention do we really need a comment on the man's size? It's like childhood bullying.
    He's a big lad, so are lots of us on here. Should we have a dig about posters' weights every time they post?

By all means slag him off for being incompetent, ineffective, or whatever, but can we grow up a bit?
    He is incompetent, useless and an idiot. He is also fat but you are right, the two are not linked or at least there is no evidence that fat people are inherently hopeless at running sports organisations.

Therefore his weight does not need to be mentioned when commenting on his ineptitude.......Although it does help to work out who we are talking about if posters add the prefix fat/big rather than his surname which escapes me now. It's a tricky one.

Sent from my MotoG3 using Tapatalk

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by paulx2 View Post
    He is incompetent, useless and an idiot. He is also fat but you are right, the two are not linked or at least there is no evidence that fat people are inherently hopeless at running sports organisations.

Therefore his weight does not need to be mentioned when commenting on his ineptitude.......Although it does help to work out who we are talking about if posters add the prefix fat/big rather than his surname which escapes me now. It's a tricky one.
    I concur.

There is simply no need to call the fat tw*t a fat tw*t all the time. His proficiency at demolishing [corporate, free] buffets probably has nothing to do with his desire to cling onto his post, despite apparently being totally incompetent and useless.

In future threads about the fat tw*t, I won't refer to his buffet-laden bulging bulk as much. Maybe.

Starting A Programme Collection Oldham_Saint's Avatar

However, would it need clarification if people referred to the big, fat mess we're in, when talking about RL in general?
    RHINO balls are like Bon Jovi albums - Slippery When Wet

ST HELENS RFC - Back in business, Thank you Justin Holbrook.

"I turn the TV volume down because these comedians on SKY are speaking a load of rubbish. They're making a simple game complicated with their long-winded, pointless jargon". Kevin Ashcroft

...I think it's a fair slogan for the World Cup. If you come to England and you don't like the weather, TOUGH TITTIES!!! Andrew Voss, PNG vs Samoa, 4:Nov:13

Banned

I promise never to refer to times I have been in the company of Nigel and he has annoyed many of us by overloading his plate to the detriment of others. By the way I am quite fond of the big ignorant chap ask what they think of him Halifax way, that would upset the more placid amongst us.