Chapel House Motor Company Limited Advertising Banner
Page 12 of 12 FirstFirst ... 289101112

Thread: Matty Smith ?

In The North Stand With All The Old Folk STIDDY's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Belgian Saint View Post
    I actually thought the opposite. I expected a 3 week ban (which I thought was lenient anyway) and then Saints to annonuce something like 4 weeks for MS. If had happened I would have put it down to my cynicism, as it didn't i'll go with my naivetey
    If we had the scenario of Wilkin doing a similar tackle and breaking the leg of wigoon Williams the Wigan Club Propoganda machine would be in full flow the next day with probabably an outcome of 5 to 6 weeks ban.
    For us it was a short burst of huff and puff from KC then petered out to a whimper.

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by STIDDY View Post
    If we had the scenario of Wilkin doing a similar tackle and breaking the leg of wigoon Williams the Wigan Club Propoganda machine would be in full flow the next day with probabably an outcome of 5 to 6 weeks ban.
    For us it was a short burst of huff and puff from KC then petered out to a whimper.
    I agree.Saints don't play 'the game' when it comes to things like this. We seem pretty naive at times.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by STIDDY View Post
    Happening pre season hasn't helped.As for the above remember last season with Walsh and the constant whining of messrs Clarke,Hemmings and Carney.

Starting A Programme Collection

Not sure if anyone's watched his interview before the game but he's now off crutches and now has his foot in a boot,has a second x-ray in 2 weeks time and he's hoping to be back for round 6 or 7

It also mentioned that his wife is expecting twins, they will keep him on his toes, congratulations to both he and his wife. Hope he can get up and running in good time.

Learning All The Songs

He's also assistant coach at Pilks Recs http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/live/rugby-league/38913486