Chapel House Motor Company Limited Advertising Banner
Page 9 of 9 FirstFirst ... 56789

Thread: Denny Solomona contract

In The South Stand

Quote Originally Posted by Stephen07 View Post
    Once he is a union player then I'm not really concerned which country he chooses to play for. However, generally I think that players should stick to whichever country they represent first as others have suggested. I think this is the only way that rugby league will ever develop internationally. If we want it to be taken anywhere near as seriously as international rugby union we can't have players continuing to use the smaller nations as stepping stones to Australia, England and New Zealand. That just perpetuates the situation where we only have three top level international sides.
    Spot on. It means the "lesser" sides, Fiji, Tonga etc always remain the "lesser sides" as the minute the big boys want to "adopt" players from these places they will!. To be honest the residential rules are a farce. You should play for the nation on your passport. If you wanted to go further you could bring the NZ Mauri's in to the equation, but then the ethnicity card will be raised.

In The South Stand

Quote Originally Posted by Stephen07 View Post
    Once he is a union player then I'm not really concerned which country he chooses to play for. However, generally I think that players should stick to whichever country they represent first as others have suggested. I think this is the only way that rugby league will ever develop internationally. If we want it to be taken anywhere near as seriously as international rugby union we can't have players continuing to use the smaller nations as stepping stones to Australia, England and New Zealand. That just perpetuates the situation where we only have three top level international sides.
    Agreed.

Got A Season Ticket

Picked for England to go on the Argentina tour.

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by WBFOP View Post
    Picked for England to go on the Argentina tour.
    The RFU showing just what a bunch of unprincipled winnets they are.

Quote Originally Posted by Webbo Again View Post
    The RFU showing just what a bunch of unprincipled winnets they are.
    It was always going to happen. They'll not admit it but Sale will have had their blessing / backing in this matter and I'm sure The player had some assurances about getting in the England squad form permitting.

I hope Cas take them to the cleaners

Starting A Programme Collection

Quote Originally Posted by N0.1 Saint View Post
    I hope Cas take them to the cleaners
    Something needs to be done. It set a worrying precedent otherwise.

Learning All The Songs

Not a lawyer but could Cas now include the RFU in their action.

Whats the latest anyway thought when the action was deferred that an offer was on the cards

In The South Stand

To be honest a player shouldn't be able to choose his national team. He should play for the nationality that it states on his passport, the only time a choice should be available should be to folk with dual nationality. It's pathetic that once again money is ruining sport. Seems like if you own an English Setter you qualify to play for England.

Got A Season Ticket

Residency rules and all that. Ireland are just as bad and Scotland are worse than both of them.

Learning All The Songs

Quote Originally Posted by WBFOP View Post
    Residency rules and all that. Ireland are just as bad and Scotland are worse than both of them.

The Antipodeans have been doing it for years

Learning All The Songs

http://www.totalrl.com/castleford-he...enny-solomona/

Now going to court, hope Castleford ring them dry.

Good luck Cas. The outcome of this trial could have significant implications for the game.

In The South Stand

Quote Originally Posted by Dux View Post
    Good luck Cas. The outcome of this trial could have significant implications for the game.
    Not sure they will even get a fair hearing. Union will be all over this, Cas will probably be making their pleas to fully signed up Twickers VIP car park members.

Quote Originally Posted by Saddened! View Post
    Not sure they will even get a fair hearing. Union will be all over this, Cas will probably be making their pleas to fully signed up Twickers VIP car park members.
    That is a worry, I must say.

Quote Originally Posted by Saddened! View Post
    So on what basis do you think that the UK judicial system is bent? Or are you just a jaundiced, chip-on-the-shoulder rugby league fan?

Got A Season Ticket

I can't understand when the Judge told them to attempt to come to an agreement that Castleford rejected the £500,000 offer from Sale, to go to a full week hearing, only winners are Barristers & Legal Staff, there are no guarantees when it comes to what Judges award!

Quote Originally Posted by Tabasco View Post
    So on what basis do you think that the UK judicial system is bent? Or are you just a jaundiced, chip-on-the-shoulder rugby league fan?
    Surely History tells you that in these cases, the rich, privileged establishment usually gets its way.

Quote Originally Posted by jaybs View Post
    I can't understand when the Judge told them to attempt to come to an agreement that Castleford rejected the £500,000 offer from Sale, to go to a full week hearing, only winners are Barristers & Legal Staff, there are no guarantees when it comes to what Judges award!
    Isn't £500k the figure Cas are seeking? I don't think they have turned that amount down or been offered anything close to it.

Banned

According to sky sports news Sale offered £150000 then reduced it to £50000 , no wonder cas turned it down !

Got A Replica Shirt

You don't have to travel very far from St Helens, try Anfield ref Hillsborough, to see evidence that our judicial system is not flawless.
    You seem to be the one displaying the jaundiced , chip on the shoulder attitude.

Quote Originally Posted by softly softly View Post
    You don't have to travel very far from St Helens, try Anfield ref Hillsborough, to see evidence that our judicial system is not flawless.
    You seem to be the one displaying the jaundiced , chip on the shoulder attitude.
    Don't quite follow your logic that because I think the system is fair then I'm jaundiced etc. As far as Hillsborough is concerned, I must admit that I have read very little about it but the fact that what I presume is the right outcome was eventually reached, despite the untruthfulness/illegality of certain individuals within the process, surely points to the system not being driven by rugby union cronies.

In The North Stand With All The Old Folk Buddy's Avatar

Don't quite follow your logic that because I think the system is fair then I'm jaundiced etc. As far as Hillsborough is concerned, I must admit that I have read very little about it but the fact that what I presume is the right outcome was eventually reached, despite the untruthfulness/illegality of certain individuals within the process, surely points to the system not being driven by rugby union cronies.
    Did you not know South Yorkshire Police is also under rugby unions control, as was Lee Harvey Oswald. Union is also responsible for the Roswell cover up and the movement of Nazis out of Germany at the end of world war 2.

The chip on the shoulder brigade our out in force, wringing their flat caps and putting ferrets down their long johns

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk