Chapel House Motor Company Limited Advertising Banner
Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Sponsors 2017

In The North Stand With All The Old Folk Belgian Saint's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Tabasco View Post
    Although the link between "butt" and RC is there for many to see.
    It wasn't for me until you pointed it out. Must be getting a bit slow.

Quote Originally Posted by Dux View Post
    Anyone know what a 'global commodities and supply chain company' is?

This file is not hosted on RedVee.Net, this is a YouTube video.
    Contact YouTube.Com if you have any copyright issues.

Quote Originally Posted by The Verminator View Post
    You've joined up specifically to elucidate on this, haven't you?
    Yes, he has. Andrew Holden has darkened our door again.

Formerly known as Electricsaints06 - he was banned for posting libellous comments about Barr Construction, who built LP.

He re-joined as theblondebomber - he was subsequently found out and banned.

And now, some time later, he has rejoined again with no attempt to disguise himself except he used a "public" email address, the type that are used as a one off address to sign up to forums but remain anonymity.

So it is with great pleasure that I reveal the FAIL OF THE YEAR 2016 winner to be: ANDREW HOLDEN

Banned

From the RCMA Group (www.rcma.com/leadership/)

Michael Coleman
    Director

Michael Coleman founded RCMA Asset Management Pte Ltd (formerly known as Aisling Analytics Pte Ltd).Together with his partner Doug King, they manage The Merchant Commodity Fund. A proprietary commodity trader since starting work in 1982 Michael worked for Cargill for 19 years in a variety of commodity trading and trading management positions.

In 2001 Michael in conjunction with Marubeni, founded U Derivatives where he was Chief Operating Officer until April 2004. Michael has been based in Singapore since 1984. He is active in and a former Chairman of the Singapore Chapter of the Alternative Investment Management Association.

A UK citizen, Michael was born in St Helens Lancashire and is a director of St Helens Rugby League Football Club. He studied at Exeter College Oxford where he took a Bachelor of Arts in Natural Science (Geology).
    Whilst I'm sure Mr Coleman has sound business reasons for having his company as the main shirt sponsor, I personally would prefer to have money coming into the club from a properly external source, and also for the shirt sponsor to be a household name (which we've done well with overall, especially compared to most other teams)

Quote Originally Posted by Webbo Again View Post

Whilst I'm sure Mr Coleman has sound business reasons for having his company as the main shirt sponsor, I personally would prefer to have money coming into the club from a properly external source, and also for the shirt sponsor to be a household name (which we've done well with overall, especially compared to most other teams)
    I agree in part with that, as people will wonder who the Dickens are RCMA. Maybe think its something like the Royal College of Music & Arts or confuse it with YMCA.

However they are an international company and along with Crabbies give the club exposure on a big stage.

If it is money coming into the club I don't care if it is washed up fivers from the Mersey
    St Helens Openwater Swimming Society

Looking out from the top of Table Mountain

Redvee Founder & Editor in Chief,
    Fundraiser & Flagbearer,
    Facebooker & Tweeter,
    and Media Whore. Call me.

Default Sponsors 2017

RCMA's revenue surged to US$2.2 billion in 2011 on the back of high rubber prices, and has stayed between US$1.2 billion and 1.3 billion in the three years till 2014, records from Accounting and Corporate Regulatory Authority show. After reaching a record high US$32.8 million in profit after tax, it made profits of about US$7.5 million in 2013 and 2014.

Singapore-listed rubber companies such as Sri Trang, Halcyon Agri and GMG Global have, in the meantime, all seen their revenues and profits fall in tandem with rubber prices.

RCMA's financial results for 2015 are not yet finalised, but according to Mr Pardey, management figures show a net profit of about US$20 million.
    Jeez. It is an external source, it's the company's money. Unless some of Redvee's finest know better?

Prime example of the negative on here. Whilst Coleman is indeed one of the main shareholders, it's a worldwide company that he's part of with a turnover in the Billions putting the money into the club!

Most fans would be singing the blokes
    praises from the rooftops of using his industry clout to get money in and helping the clubs sustainability.

I don't care if I've heard of it or not so long as:
    a) it's generated the maximum possible revenue
    b) it won't make fans a laughing stock having it on their shirts... behind Emirates they're probably the biggest company in Super League

Go and have a look at the company website and look at where and what they're involved in. They're huge

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

@RedveeDotNet

Learning All The Songs

Coleman is more or less the defacto owner of the club now so he can put whatever he wants on the shirt. Good luck to him and good luck to Saints.

In The North Stand With All The Old Folk Buddy's Avatar

Who was Wigan's sponsor for years when Dave Whelan owned them?

I think it is completely irrelevant that a director of the club is a director of our sponsor, that has gone on for years with people like Eric Ashton, Tony Ryan (briefly) being involved in both parties. We have a sponsor, hopefully it's profitable and it isn't anything like those loan sharks who sponsor football teams.

Quote Originally Posted by Bronco View Post
    Jeez. It is an external source, it's the company's money. Unless some of Redvee's finest know better?
    Prime example of the negative on here. Whilst Coleman is indeed one of the main shareholders, it's a worldwide company that he's part of with a turnover in the Billions putting the money into the club!
    Most fans would be singing the blokes
    praises from the rooftops of using his industry clout to get money in and helping the clubs sustainability.
    I don't care if I've heard of it or not so long as:
    a) it's generated the maximum possible revenue
    b) it won't make fans a laughing stock having it on their shirts... behind Emirates they're probably the biggest company in Super League
    Go and have a look at the company website and look at where and what they're involved in. They're huge
    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Correct. I can't see anything wrong in this sponsorship. If anything having a link in Coleman can only be good, as I guess he would know in what way Saints and the sponsor can mutually benefit each other and get the best exposure from the deal.
    It's also nice to have a sponsor that appears a bit more sophisticated than the normal RL (sports) sponsor of a betting/ loan company. Ok I may not do anything for us (fans) directly but as a club it raises its profile and shows we are a serious club. Also in the future when looking for other sponsors it has to help when companies see we had a deal with a big player in business.
    Humans are more concerned with having than being.

In The North Stand With All The Old Folk STIDDY's Avatar

Although we don,t know the sponsors money in £xxxxx,s the club has done very well in attracting global international companies for both home and away kits.
    Both sponsors do have a certain amount of stature, clubs in league do struggle on this front. It's much better than others who might have to settle for local plumbing merchants, fish n chip group, bathroom manufacturer etc. etc.

Got A Season Ticket Voll au Vent's Avatar

This sponsorship is to be welcomed and undoubtedly it is a multi-billion dollar concern.
    I do think that a lot of clubs are currently struggling for major sponsorship deals. I think that this deal is just a stopgap like the COMODO deal was soon after McManus took over. COMODO was McManus' company the same as RCMA is Coleman's. I fully expect us to have a major independent sponsor/partner for the 2018 season.

In The North Stand With All The Old Folk Scouse Don's Avatar
    Blatherings on That Saints podcast.Back home in St.Helens and in the South stand for service

I am delighted with it.Coleman is a man who clearly has the club at heart.I am sure he takes great interest from afar and it may raise a few eyebrows worldwide.
    Learned comment from The Don

Quote Originally Posted by Buddy View Post
    Who was Wigan's sponsor for years when Dave Whelan owned them?

I think it is completely irrelevant that a director of the club is a director of our sponsor, that has gone on for years with people like Eric Ashton, Tony Ryan (briefly) being involved in both parties. We have a sponsor, hopefully it's profitable and it isn't anything like those loan sharks who sponsor football teams.
    After all the speculation I was just happy that we got a sponsor and not one that's a joke.

Banned

Good news story this. Mr Coleman should be applauded. I understand Bartons Piccallii as sponsors would have suited the majority.

WARNING! PIE EATER!

Quote Originally Posted by Voll au Vent View Post
    This sponsorship is to be welcomed and undoubtedly it is a multi-billion dollar concern.
    I do think that a lot of clubs are currently struggling for major sponsorship deals. I think that this deal is just a stopgap like the COMODO deal was soon after McManus took over. COMODO was McManus' company the same as RCMA is Coleman's. I fully expect us to have a major independent sponsor/partner for the 2018 season.
    Got it in one. Saints will have a minimum £value that they will take for the sponsorship. That wasn't achieved so they went internal. IMO it was the correct thing to do, once you sell it cheap it's difficult to up sell again. I expect this will be a one year deal to give them more time to get out and entice new a new sponsor(s) As you correctly point out Saints have done it before with Comodo, HKR with Neil Hudgells company and Wigan with one of Lenagans have also done it. There are probably a few more examples.
    Remember the screw up with Stobart by the RFL when they didn't get a penny!!

Slightly off topic, wasn't that one of Paul Sculthorpe's roles at the club?

In The South Stand

All good news as far as I'm concerned.

Mike Coleman, is he a grandson of Mickey Coleman from Scholes Lane?

Quote Originally Posted by Furlongs View Post
    Good news story this. Mr Coleman should be applauded. I understand Bartons Piccallii as sponsors would have suited the majority.

Remember COMODUS?

Quote Originally Posted by Rogues Gallery View Post
    Got it in one. Saints will have a minimum £value that they will take for the sponsorship. That wasn't achieved so they went internal. IMO it was the correct thing to do, once you sell it cheap it's difficult to up sell again. I expect this will be a one year deal to give them more time to get out and entice new a new sponsor(s) As you correctly point out Saints have done it before with Comodo, HKR with Neil Hudgells company and Wigan with one of Lenagans have also done it. There are probably a few more examples.
    Remember the screw up with Stobart by the RFL when they didn't get a penny!!

Slightly off topic, wasn't that one of Paul Sculthorpe's roles at the club?
    And the sting is in the tail.

Starting A Programme Collection SodIt the Hedgehog's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by RedVee Admin View Post
    Remember COMODUS?
    Wasn't that Comodo, the Antivirus/Firewall company?

Banned

Remember COMODUS?
    I remember that walloper.

Quote Originally Posted by amsterdam dan View Post
    I remember that walloper.
    Thanks, Dave. You've confirmed my suspicions.

Default Sponsors 2017

Quote Originally Posted by SodIt the Hedgehog View Post
    Wasn't that Comodo, the Antivirus/Firewall company?
    It was. Voll Au Vont touched on this a few posts earlier. When they sponsored us in 2003, their board of directors included Eamonn McManus. So not much difference then, with Coleman and RCMA now, frankly.

Meantime, Comodus was a friend of Mike McLennan. I slipped in his name to do some fishing and I got a decent bite.

Banned

Meantime, Comodus was a friend of Mike McLennan.
    I remember him in Gladiator