Chapel House Motor Company Limited Advertising Banner
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Boxing

In The South Stand Paul Newlove's Avatar

Default Boxing

Did anyone watch the Bellew Flores fight and the subsequent calling out of David Haye. I like watching Bellew but reckon he's underestimating how devastating a puncher Haye is.
    If Bellew fights like he did last night stood swinging punches leaving himself open he'd be in big trouble with Haye.

Didn't he jump out of the ring and take a swing at Haye?

I can see why most boxing fans can't stand the guy

All he did was enforce the stereotype scouser for the rest of the country to see, which he did at the end of his fight before this one as well.
    Dreadful individual IMO of course.
    Humans are more concerned with having than being.

Quote Originally Posted by retro74 View Post
    Didn't he jump out of the ring and take a swing at Haye?

I can see why most boxing fans can't stand the guy
    He didn't but would have done if he got closer. Haye l reckon is the most devastating puncher in boxing and would destroy Bellew inside three rounds. Haye hasn't yet quite fulfilled his potential at heavyweight despite holding a belt at one point.
    He really disappointed me against Klitschko years back, he never really went for it .

I think Haye will be hold at least one version of title again, Joshua would be a big fight .

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by 49er View Post
    All he did was enforce the stereotype scouser for the rest of the country to see, which he did at the end of his fight before this one as well.
    Dreadful individual IMO of course.
    A totally repulsive individual. He clearly did not learn from the way running off his mouth backfired after the Adonis Stevenson fight.

Bellew takes himself way too seriously and thinks his Scouse mouth is some sort of weapon. He got battered by Stevenson and I hope Haye does the same.

Quote Originally Posted by eddiewaringsflatcap View Post
    A totally repulsive individual. He clearly did not learn from the way running off his mouth backfired after the Adonis Stevenson fight.

Bellew takes himself way too seriously and thinks his Scouse mouth is some sort of weapon. He got battered by Stevenson and I hope Haye does the same.
    He will don't worry, Eddie Hearn will no doubt encourage him for a big pay day but did anyone hear Paul Smith say that Bellew would be better unifying the cruiserweight division, I think he knows Haye would destroy him.

Big payday for Bellew probably on sky sports box office and he has his excuses ready for when he gets obliterated similar to the Kell Brook fight a few weeks back. Then hopefully he will retire and we never have to hear his whiny voice on TV again

Got A Season Ticket

If he fought haye it would be at heavyweight so he has the best of both worlds! Fight haye get knocked out then still unify the cruiserweight division if he's good enough to do so which I doubt he his

Quote Originally Posted by Paul Newlove View Post
    He will don't worry, Eddie Hearn will no doubt encourage him for a big pay day but did anyone hear Paul Smith say that Bellew would be better unifying the cruiserweight division, I think he knows Haye would destroy him.

Quote Originally Posted by saint cross View Post
    If he fought haye it would be at heavyweight so he has the best of both worlds! Fight haye get knocked out then still unify the cruiserweight division if he's good enough to do so which I doubt he his
    True,get a big pay day for him and Hearn then carry on his journey. The only thing is Haye could embarrass or really harm him.

Learning All The Songs

I thought it was hilarious. I bet Haye and Bellew were laughing their socks off about it later on in a back room in the Echo Arena. Bellew just tried to talk himself into a big PPV payday, and may well have succeeded.

I'm not sure what's in it for Haye, other than money, and would expect him to beat Bellew quite comfortably. If Joshua beats Klitischko then I think Haye will set his sights on AJ and fight a proper heavyweight.

Well we got the fight we were talking about in back in October, I'll stand by what I said then Haye inside three rounds, who's watching it then??

In The North Stand With All The Old Folk Belgian Saint's Avatar

Well we got the fight we were talking about in back in October, I'll stand by what I said then Haye inside three rounds, who's watching it then??
    Me for one

In The South Stand Tez the Saint's Avatar

Me another. Haye inside five for me.
    Steve Prescott MBE (1973-2013)
    V

Wow didn't expect that at all, Haye does look like age has caught up with him a bit he was missing and swinging a bit wildly but no I still reckon Haye would have stopped him but for the injury.
    It's easy for me to say but I don't get why they would let Haye struggle all that time and throw the towel near the end, it ended up ridiculous but he was still catching Bellew don't know how he carried on.

Yeah I was surprised as well. He was never going to win on decision after the injury but I was suprise they didn't let them last couple of rounds pan out on the off chance he'd catch Bellew. As you say though, we don't know the state of his injury at that point.

Haye lacked a bit of accuracy in the first couple of rounds but he was starting to find the mark before his injury. I agree, it was swinging Haye's way. He's a tough, tough bloke and you've got to credit him for the guts he showed. He could barley move and he took some shots but he was still in there giving them back.

Was a bit tough to watch at the end really. Haye will want that re-match so he knows he's got to say the right things now and Bellew knew that as well. Will be interesting to see how it pans out.
    V

It will be, Haye will want the rematch for his own pride. Two things will Bellew want to fight him again although money talks and will Haye physically be up to continuing his career.
    Just listening to talk sport apparently Haye had been in Germany this week having his injury seen to I didn't know this but if he wasn't fit he shouldn't have fought despite the unbelievable flack he would have faced.
    Glad I didn't put a bet on it..

Who's gonna win this tonight? AJ in the fifth I was originally thinking but maybe Klitschko on points?
    Klitschko looked past it against Fury and that was 18mths ago and that was the only time he fought someone his own size which AJ is also.

In The North Stand With All The Old Folk Belgian Saint's Avatar

Who's gonna win this tonight? AJ in the fifth I was originally thinking but maybe Klitschko on points?
    Klitschko looked past it against Fury and that was 18mths ago and that was the only time he fought someone his own size which AJ is also.
    Klitschko looked much better and fitter tonight. Great effort from both fighters. The best I have seen for a long time.

Still feel like Klitschko should have done towards the back end. It was on a plate for him for 2 rounds IMO but you have to credit Joshua, he dealt with that on the biggest stage against one of the best. He's shown he can handle both facets now and that sets up a totally new dimension for him.

Huge credit goes to Joshua but Klitschko will be wondering how he let that slip. Lot of questions but what a night for Joshua and what a great fight.
    V

Quote Originally Posted by Tez the Saint View Post
    Still feel like Klitschko should have done towards the back end. It was on a plate for him for 2 rounds IMO but you have to credit Joshua, he dealt with that on the biggest stage against one of the best. He's shown he can handle both facets now and that sets up a totally new dimension for him.

Huge credit goes to Joshua but Klitschko will be wondering how he let that slip. Lot of questions but what a night for Joshua and what a great fight.
    Yeah there was a spell I think it was the 5th Joshua came out swinging but punched himself out and looked done, at that point I thought Wlad would take him out but Joshua recovered well.
    Enjoyed it good fight.

Yeah there was a spell I think it was the 5th Joshua came out swinging but punched himself out and looked done, at that point I thought Wlad would take him out but Joshua recovered well.
    Enjoyed it good fight.
    Aye he did.

Be interesting to see where Joshua goes next. He's not going to want to be strippped of his titles so I suspect that puts doubts over a rematch. Felt a bit for Wlad last night, that left hook isn't what is was in terms of accuracy and Joshua dealt with his jab pretty well, used his gloves and arms well. Right hand still technically perfect but reflexes have faded. The fact that he gave Joshua the fight he did is credit to him really, he's got the experience but his attributes aren't what they were unfortunately.
    V

Quote Originally Posted by Tez the Saint View Post
    Aye he did.

Be interesting to see where Joshua goes next. He's not going to want to be strippped of his titles so I suspect that puts doubts over a rematch. Felt a bit for Wlad last night, that left hook isn't what is was in terms of accuracy and Joshua dealt with his jab pretty well, used his gloves and arms well. Right hand still technically perfect but reflexes have faded. The fact that he gave Joshua the fight he did is credit to him really, he's got the experience but his attributes aren't what they were unfortunately.
    I don't think a rematch would pan out any better for Wlad he ain't getting any younger and Joshua will be better for the experience. If I was Wlad and I had a rematch clause I would evoke it, I think he'll reckon he's just as well going out on another defeat than finishing after this.
    Joshua Fury would be the one the public would want now or it would popular that might come after a Klitschko rematch.If Joshua fights Fury next would Wlad try and finish against Wilder or Parker, money talks and a fight against Parker would be a easy way to finish as a champion? We'll see..

Predictions for this weekend chaps?
    V

Early stoppage in favour of Mayweather. It's a freak show, it damages the noble art in my opinion.

Haye Bellew 2 who's watching it ? I've always been a Haye fan but he needs to prove that his body is still up to it, is he the same devastating fighter he was?. I do have my doubts now it's been 6 years since he destroyed Chisora. I'll stick my neck out again and say the same, I'm going for a Haye knockout/stoppage win.