Chapel House Motor Company Limited Advertising Banner
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: I'm done......

I frequently disagreed with the content of SS's posts and even more so with the way in which he expressed his views or responded to others. Nevertheless, I am genuinely saddened that someone should become so disillusioned with something for which they had an obvious passion and can only hope that time and some distance from the game will provide the necessary impetus to spark a return to this forum.

In The North Stand With All The Old Folk paulscnthorpe's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by ffs View Post
    Probably the same one I got. It says 'in the event of Warrington beating St Helens'.
    I got two

In The North Stand With All The Old Folk Scouse Don's Avatar
    Blatherings on That Saints podcast.Back home in St.Helens and in the South stand for service

Sorry to see how you feel pal but if your reading this don't give up.I feel the same but I am too ingrained in it to stop.I live in hope that one day we have a coach who gives us exciting entertaining RL again one day and management of the game with vision.
    Learned comment from The Don

Pity I like SS.

Sent from my P023 using Tapatalk

Banned
    KC. Be so kind and take Owens with you when you leave. That's a good chap.

I posted the same thing

http://www.redvee.net/forums/showthread.php?28883-Never

I'm done with English rugby league.
    Will probably still watch internationals but super league is going down hill and I don't see a change coming anytime soon.

Some people might think these a knee jerk reactions. They're not. Nothing will be done about very clear corruption and all that will happen and is happening, fans will lose interest

In The South Stand Paul Newlove's Avatar

I'm contemplating my future RL support at the moment. Me,my Mrs and young daughter always buy one adult child season season ticket as we have done for 2017 and I usually pay on the gate as we both can't commit 100% of the time but I might just let them go in future.
    The thought of this saddens me also as I want to support my club despite being bored to death at times watching us but I feel that I've stomached the varying forms of play off system and Grand Final for too many years now basically I despise them.

I know a lot of people will be used to the Grand Final but I haven't enjoyed a single one we've been in win or lose. For me it goes against all the fundamental principles and fairness of British sport but more worringly at the moment is that the officials have a whole seasons efforts players, coaches and fans putting all the hours and money into travelling watching their teams away all for officials who in my opinion aren't of a very high standard to have the seasons outcome in their hands in 80 minutes, it's too much power and influence and it stinks.

I have no problems with the middle 8's the super 8's etc. as finding an exact system to suit everyone is impossible. In my humble opinion the Super League trophy should be awarded to the team that wins a 12 team league after 22 rounds they should be given the the title of Super League champions. The super 8's and you can include a magic weekend within that if we must have it should be a separate competition with all eight teams starting from scratch which could still culminate in an Old Trafford Grand Final with decent prize money that still has the prestige of a big final even still award the Super League trophy at Old Trafford and the the old RL Championship trophy to the league winners? but the title of champions should be whoever wins the league.

Now I know a lot of people won't agree with this but it's a question to myself, should I continue to give my time and money to a competition that I massively disagree with?. Instead of a survey being sent from the RFL ask people would they prefer a league decided with a Grand Final or not? I may be massively in the minority but I'd like to know.

I've got tickets for a couple of four nations games in November which I'll still enjoy as it's a different animal but at the moment I have no real desire to follow Super league next season. I might even email this to the RFL for what it's worth.

Got A Season Ticket

If he Australian's have it, then we must have it it seems. I started to lose a little interest when we started playing some teams 3 times in the league which tended to be Wigan or Bradford, this was purely down to finances.

Quote Originally Posted by WBFOP View Post
    If he Australian's have it, then we must have it it seems. I started to lose a little interest when we started playing some teams 3 times in the league which tended to be Wigan or Bradford, this was purely down to finances.
    I've been against it for years but that was more out of the fairness of it, now I would be s**ting it at the thought of being shafted by inept officials with an agenda directed by the RFL, like I say to much riding on a couple of games. Imagine that in Premier League football there would be rioting mobs with torches marauding around the streets.

Learning All The Songs

Quote Originally Posted by Paul Newlove View Post
    I'm contemplating my future RL support at the moment. Me,my Mrs and young daughter always buy one adult child season season ticket as we have done for 2017 and I usually pay on the gate as we both can't commit 100% of the time but I might just let them go in future.
    The thought of this saddens me also as I want to support my club despite being bored to death at times watching us but I feel that I've stomached the varying forms of play off system and Grand Final for too many years now basically I despise them.

I know a lot of people will be used to the Grand Final but I haven't enjoyed a single one we've been in win or lose. For me it goes against all the fundamental principles and fairness of British sport but more worringly at the moment is that the officials have a whole seasons efforts players, coaches and fans putting all the hours and money into travelling watching their teams away all for officials who in my opinion aren't of a very high standard to have the seasons outcome in their hands in 80 minutes, it's too much power and influence and it stinks.

I have no problems with the middle 8's the super 8's etc. as finding an exact system to suit everyone is impossible. In my humble opinion the Super League trophy should be awarded to the team that wins a 12 team league after 22 rounds they should be given the the title of Super League champions. The super 8's and you can include a magic weekend within that if we must have it should be a separate competition with all eight teams starting from scratch which could still culminate in an Old Trafford Grand Final with decent prize money that still has the prestige of a big final even still award the Super League trophy at Old Trafford and the the old RL Championship trophy to the league winners? but the title of champions should be whoever wins the league.

Now I know a lot of people won't agree with this but it's a question to myself, should I continue to give my time and money to a competition that I massively disagree with?. Instead of a survey being sent from the RFL ask people would they prefer a league decided with a Grand Final or not? I may be massively in the minority but I'd like to know.

I've got tickets for a couple of four nations games in November which I'll still enjoy as it's a different animal but at the moment I have no real desire to follow Super league next season. I might even email this to the RFL for what it's worth.
    I have the same dilemma. I think any survey would come out in favour of a Grand Final though.

Quote Originally Posted by zippy View Post
    I have the same dilemma. I think any survey would come out in favour of a Grand Final though.
    Probably, but I'd still like to know fans general opinion. It's not the sport I grew up watching and nowadays I don't like much of what I see so that's what I'll be weighing up whether SL games are worth attending, just a personal thing really.

Starting A Programme Collection Saintsaregods's Avatar

Sorry to see you go SS, respect your decision but can't help feel this forum will be worse for your absence. You couldn't take the 3 stools with you could you!

Starting A Programme Collection SaintJ's Avatar

SS sorry to see you go. Many of us feel exactly the same. Miss KR SO much!! No atmosphere at LP. Have a season ticket for this year. Used it once. Just doesn't feel like HOME. Hope things improve next year, fingers crossed, but not hopeful. Not renewed season ticket like many others on here. Will miss the game I have loved for over 50 years but cannot take the obvious bias that Sky have any longer. They don't even try to hide it very much now.
    Take care. Who knows, things may change.
    Regards SaintJ

Learning All The Songs The frenchman's Avatar

Easily one of my favourite posters on here. Ive not been posting very long but been reading on and off for a good while. The ones that knocked, didnt get the humour or understand when you was on the wind up. Knowledge of the game is far greater than mine which is why i liked your posts, also why so many got upset with you.

Be good if this was just a wind up.

Learning All The Songs

If it had been Saints who had had the luck instead of the wire on Thursday night, then most people would be saying "it's about time we had a bit of luck". Next season the pressure will be on Cunningham. An early exit from the cup, and a poor season in the league with crowds falling, will hopefully be the end of him. I hope the game isn't corrupt, i know it's badly run off the field, but i would like to think officials don't put £1,000 on wire to by 8.

WARNING! PIE EATER!

SS sorry to see you go. You and I have had some great "debates" over the years and in truth most of it good natured. As one of the sworn enemy I'll beg you to reconsider as I'll miss that bit of jousting. If you do decide to leave however, then good luck to you and your family in the coming years.

In The South Stand

Quote Originally Posted by The frenchman View Post
    Easily one of my favourite posters on here. Ive not been posting very long but been reading on and off for a good while. The ones that knocked, didnt get the humour or understand when you was on the wind up. Knowledge of the game is far greater than mine which is why i liked your posts, also why so many got upset with you.

Be good if this was just a wind up.
    This just about sums up my feelings. I've enjoyed your wind ups and considered thoughts about the game.

In The South Stand Saint_Claire's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Tallahassee View Post
    Pity I like SS.

Sent from my P023 using Tapatalk
    It's a pity I like him too, but I just do...