Chapel House Motor Company Limited Advertising Banner
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: I'm done......

In The North Stand With All The Old Folk SS's Avatar

Default I'm done......

Hello all, it's with a heavy heart that I say goodbye to you all and for the most part, the sport. I've mulled it over a lot since last night but I've concluded that I've finally had enough. I don't have much time anymore to post as it is but last night made me realise that it isn't worth my time either. The game is shambles and I do firmly believe that it's corrupt. I don't need to go over all the stuff again, we all saw it, but it's led me to the conclusion that either the game or Sky or both have an agenda within the sport to realise certain things, one of which, I believe is to see Warrington get this monkey off their backs. There's no other conclusion to come from the sheer weight of decisions and the manner in which those decisions were made, from last night.

I've given a lot of my life so far to this sport and I've loved it. Nearly every second but I thought last night about my best memories of the sport and they're nearly always years ago now. Wigan 1992 winning 41-6; Wembley 96 and 97; Wigan in the Cup in 97; Grand Finals in 99 and 2000; Cardiff 2004 - they're all over a decade ago, some, two decades. Nothing of recent times even registers anymore and that's what really hit me. I can take it or leave it these days. The standard is dire and results are engineered IMHO. So, I'm done. I'm walking away properly.

Many will be aware I don't go as often as I once did. I used to be a regular home and away and my attendances have become fewer and fewer each season. I won't be going again I don't think for a very, very long time. The buzz has gone, especially with the new stadium which for me isn't a patch atmosphere wise on what we once had. It just doesn't come close. I'm one of the few who'd rather take ••••ing on a wall but a phenomenal atmosphere for big games than a poor atmosphere and a nice loo. I liked the game the most when it was almost primitive - violent, hard and not sanitised beyond measure. I liked the game of RL when it really was RL.

I've loved posting on here - 10K posts says it all. I've tried to have fun, offer some insight, a different view of the game than the usual. That's not to say any views are worth less than mine, they aren't. Many have made me question what I think on here over the years and I thank you all for it. To the many that have argued with me, it was never, ever personal. I've loved the banter, the tętę ŕ tętęs, the abuse - it's generally always been good natured. To anyone I've genuinely upset, please accept my apologies because I honestly wouldn't mean to hurt anybody ever. I appreciate every post and reply I've received and the many relationships built on here - you've made it worth the time and energy. Keep on supporting the club and the game - you're better people than I am.

So, I'd like my account deleting if possible; I've looked and I don't think I can do it myself. Otherwise, at some point I'll be tempted to post again and I don't want to. I'll still watch the odd game no doubt but starting tonight, I'm making the active call to not do, and I'll be doing that as often as I can.

Thanks all, see you around.

SS

In The North Stand With All The Old Folk fishy3005's Avatar

See you in February, pal xxx
    screaming in the family corner, scaring the kiddies

Learning All The Songs

Quote Originally Posted by SS View Post
    Hello all, it's with a heavy heart that I say goodbye to you all and for the most part, the sport. I've mulled it over a lot since last night but I've concluded that I've finally had enough. I don't have much time anymore to post as it is but last night made me realise that it isn't worth my time either. The game is shambles and I do firmly believe that it's corrupt. I don't need to go over all the stuff again, we all saw it, but it's led me to the conclusion that either the game or Sky or both have an agenda within the sport to realise certain things, one of which, I believe is to see Warrington get this monkey off their backs. There's no other conclusion to come from the sheer weight of decisions and the manner in which those decisions were made, from last night.

I've given a lot of my life so far to this sport and I've loved it. Nearly every second but I thought last night about my best memories of the sport and they're nearly always years ago now. Wigan 1992 winning 41-6; Wembley 96 and 97; Wigan in the Cup in 97; Grand Finals in 99 and 2000; Cardiff 2004 - they're all over a decade ago, some, two decades. Nothing of recent times even registers anymore and that's what really hit me. I can take it or leave it these days. The standard is dire and results are engineered IMHO. So, I'm done. I'm walking away properly.

Many will be aware I don't go as often as I once did. I used to be a regular home and away and my attendances have become fewer and fewer each season. I won't be going again I don't think for a very, very long time. The buzz has gone, especially with the new stadium which for me isn't a patch atmosphere wise on what we once had. It just doesn't come close. I'm one of the few who'd rather take ••••ing on a wall but a phenomenal atmosphere for big games than a poor atmosphere and a nice loo. I liked the game the most when it was almost primitive - violent, hard and not sanitised beyond measure. I liked the game of RL when it really was RL.

I've loved posting on here - 10K posts says it all. I've tried to have fun, offer some insight, a different view of the game than the usual. That's not to say any views are worth less than mine, they aren't. Many have made me question what I think on here over the years and I thank you all for it. To the many that have argued with me, it was never, ever personal. I've loved the banter, the tętę ŕ tętęs, the abuse - it's generally always been good natured. To anyone I've genuinely upset, please accept my apologies because I honestly wouldn't mean to hurt anybody ever. I appreciate every post and reply I've received and the many relationships built on here - you've made it worth the time and energy. Keep on supporting the club and the game - you're better people than I am.

So, I'd like my account deleting if possible; I've looked and I don't think I can do it myself. Otherwise, at some point I'll be tempted to post again and I don't want to. I'll still watch the odd game no doubt but starting tonight, I'm making the active call to not do, and I'll be doing that as often as I can.

SS
    Can honestly say this is 100% how I feel.I don't post a massive amount and sometimes I read posts.some of yours and think I don't agree with you.then other times think you're bang on.I totally understand what you're saying and wish you well.
    Got to say my interest in saints and rl in general is fading fast.it's just the same anymore.nothing stats the same forever and things change.I get that but change isn't always for the better.each year for the past 5 or years I've got more and more bored of watching saints but this year is probably the worst.truly dreadful.

Learning All The Songs MancSaint's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by fishy3005 View Post
    See you in February, pal xxx
    nice one Fishy lad!

Seriously though, SS you were one of the better posters on here; I didn't always agree with your point of view, and wasn't always keen on the manner in which you expressed it, but RedVee will be a little poorer without you imo.

In The North Stand With All The Old Folk fishy3005's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by MancSaint View Post
    nice one Fishy lad!

Seriously though, SS you were one of the better posters on here; I didn't always agree with your point of view, and wasn't always keen on the manner in which you expressed it, but RedVee will be a little poorer without you imo.
    I didn't always agree with SS but i respected his opinion. I will actually miss him too. I think he'll be back. The hunger will come back in time. We all get down on the sport at times but it comes back eventually. I look at it this way. A bad game of league is still ten times better than the best of some other sports. Stuff like last night is frustrating but it happens. We aren't the first team to get bent over by dodgy officials and we won't be the last. It smacks but it is what it is.

He'll be back i reckon.
    screaming in the family corner, scaring the kiddies

But what about the NFL thread?

(although I'm not surprised you're MIA from there considering Miami's start)

Spurs are doing well I suppose? Football thread - are you gone from that too?

Banned

Saints are my team and I will always go the game. However I do believe the sport is corrupt and stage managed, it has become very similar to wrestling was on world of sport. Hey the best team won last night and the most moronic fans in the game deserve another day out. Let us hope the final is not like that ridiculous crucifixion of the sport I loved last night. Any fair minded person will have seen some of the absolute rubbish from COB the video ref in open play for basically any infringement. Then two major calls well he aided and abetted the shambles of a man in the middle. I am pleased for Tony Smith and over the season they deserve it more however RL is not a sport anymore it is a toy for SKY TV and the parochial line up of failed journalists and second rate players who cream a living from it. Eamon you are worth ten of those people and the millions you have invested in this sport must seem wasted today but chin up and next season lets see a bit more verbal hostility at Langtree for SKY the refs and opposite fans and the players to give us something to shout about.

Quite a worrying trend. Another long-term rugby league supporter who has had enough

In The South Stand Saint_Claire's Avatar

I will really miss you on here. We have enjoyed some really entertaining popcorn moments over the years. Hopefully see you around in time

Learning All The Songs

He'll be back when we sign Matty.

In The South Stand

I never met or spoke to SS but I can agree with a lot of what he is saying and even though I was one who used to say to people before the new stadium was built " the old place is falling down and we need a new one , I also said they shold try to keep the atmosphere of the old popside " they didn't andit is ust like going to church at times on the North Stand and this season is enough to make anyone think about not bothering , enjoy whatever you do SS.

Starting A Programme Collection Armourer's Avatar

Ta Ra SS sad day indeed all the best you will be missed im just having a beer and waiting for tonights farce to start. All the best lad

In The South Stand warringtonsaint's Avatar

Sums up exactly how I feel and I'm walking away from the SL side of the game for the same reasons.

Also feel the same way about SS as MancSaint, so won't repeat his words either.

The game has never been in such dire straits.......the lunatics are truly running the asylum..........
    "The great fallacy is that the game is first and last about winning. It is nothing of the kind. The game is about glory, it is about doing things in style and with a flourish, about going out and beating the other lot, not waiting for them to die of boredom." Danny Blanchflower.
    Might have been written by a footballer about football - but never a truer word............

In The South Stand Paul Newlove's Avatar

SS that's precisely how I feel, I go to LP as habit I do not enjoy it ever I reckon if I say I've enjoyed more than 5 games there I'd be a liar.

Learning All The Songs

For once I agree with you pal.
    Stick to the NRL mate, everythings 100 times better... Including the accent

SS the site needs more characters like yourself. Enjoyed many of your exchanges with others on the site, and I've been amused with some of your past observations such as:

Atkins v Percival......not a cat in hell's chance. Atkins is an overrated tart.

All the best and Illegitimi non carborundum

In The South Stand Nickles Forearm's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Paul Newlove View Post
    SS that's precisely how I feel, I go to LP as habit I do not enjoy it ever I reckon if I say I've enjoyed more than 5 games there I'd be a liar.
    I concur with this, force of habit (& season ticket) is what brings me to LP week in week & KR before. The whole jazz and flair seems to have been dragged away from the game over here, the game I love. I can't think of as many games in one season where I've honestly felt like getting up and walking out or where I have picked up the mobile to look at the Internet during a game as this one. Our game has become stagnant & the sport a pantomime. Unlike SS I won't be walking away, that's not to say I disagree with his thought process. Never has the urge to watch the super league grand final be so small. Never have I thought February next year can take its time.

I won't watch it next week. Scum v Scum

Got A Season Ticket

Quote Originally Posted by djdegsy View Post
    Can honestly say this is 100% how I feel.I don't post a massive amount and sometimes I read posts.some of yours and think I don't agree with you.then other times think you're bang on.I totally understand what you're saying and wish you well.
    Got to say my interest in saints and rl in general is fading fast.it's just the same anymore.nothing stats the same forever and things change.I get that but change isn't always for the better.each year for the past 5 or years I've got more and more bored of watching saints but this year is probably the worst.truly dreadful.
    Did not renew last year after the 5yr ticket ,was considering giving it another go for 2017 but after Thursday night I'm not going to bother will stick with prem sport and keep following the NRL (looks like a different sport never mind a different competition)

In The North Stand With All The Old Folk Buddy's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by SS View Post

SS
    IIRC I posted a few months back that I just didn't care anymore about the game and how I felt the club was running roughshod over the fans. It was you who said we had to care because nothing would change without that. You were the one who convinced me giving up on the game was wrong, So right back at you, agree or disagree with opinions all you like but the fans are all this game has and now isn't the time to give up

Learning All The Songs

SS please dont leave !

Redvee Founder & Editor in Chief,
    Fundraiser & Flagbearer,
    Facebooker & Tweeter,
    and Media Whore. Call me.

You're not being deleted. You have to come back and suffer like the rest of us

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

@RedveeDotNet

Noooobie

Totally agree with the above. I don't normally post anything on here although I do enjoy reading the rumours and banter. I'm not done just yet and will be shedding out another Ł300 before the 31st so that I'm in that number for 2017. However there is something fundamentally wrong at LP. Week on week I get excited before a game, only for it to be taken away the minute I sit in my seat, by the surrounding atmosphere that's like walking into the middle of a domestic. Add to that, my 9 yr old telling me he's bored just 5 mins in and I do wonder why I keep going back. Yes the standard of rugby is poor, yes the rfl are bent, yes the club have lost touch with the old faithful but rugby is my sport and saints are my club. The board need to take a good hard look at themselves and the overall experience of what is displayed at LP each friday. Despite the result on Thursday I, my family and my friends felt entrained by what Warrington as a club did to build an atmosphere. It won't be everyone's cup of tea but LP needs something similar to change it from a mortuary to place where we enjoy ourselves.
    In terms of Thursday, at 8.42 am I sent a message to my friend saying "I take it the ref's been paid off for tonight". That was after the rfl sent me an email at 8.30 telling me how I could buy tickets for Warrington in the grand final. I'll leave it for the rest of you on the forum to work that one that.

Do you have a copy of the email that you could post for us?

Got A Season Ticket

Probably the same one I got. It says 'in the event of Warrington beating St Helens'.