Chapel House Motor Company Limited Advertising Banner
Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Thread: Rugby League. Corrupt or incompetent???

Got A Season Ticket

Default Rugby League. Corrupt or incompetent???

The technology in place, yet 2 massive mistakes for all the world to see.

Learning All The Songs

Quote Originally Posted by Vince St Clair View Post
    Three. First try was short and even Sky didn't see it. Absolutely baffled by that one. Thaler is just utterly incompetent.

First mistake- Lomax has gone in and turned Gidley over. He sends it up for obstruction and doesn't even mention grounding. As a result, the video ref (who should have looked anyway and isn't blameless himself) barely looked at the grounding, and the bit he did was short.

Second mistake- firstly, it's a forward pass. Then it's possibly a knock on. Lineham possibly kept hold of it enough to count as grounding but we'll never know for sure. Either way, Thaler doesn't even send it up when there must have been some doubt.

Third mistake- Thaler is ON TOP of the play and he can't see Peyroux has got that down.

Farcical.

Don't think corrupt though within games, just crap. The disciplinary process after games is where the issues lie.

In The North Stand With All The Old Folk SS's Avatar

How can you not believe the game is bent after that ?!? I don't remember us getting a penalty all second half regardless of the two calls. He doesn't bother sending a knock on to be looked at in scoring a try but asks the third official to literally check everything when it's potentially in their favour and to cap it off, you apparently need clear evidence to overturn a ref's call on tries but a camera shot showing a ball placed on the try line isn't enough. A total shambles. Sky and the RFL need Warrington to vindicate this big club bollox and that ain't gonna happen unless the game helps them. I hope Wigan or Hull screw them. I'm sat here wondering what the point is in following the game when it's so utterly ridiculous. Imagine working your arse off all year to be ••••ed like that. What's the point ?

Banned
    KC. Be so kind and take Owens with you when you leave. That's a good chap.

It has been blatant all year. Corruption is rife. I got banned on another forum for brining it up.
    I think I'm done with English rugby league And I'm serious. I'm a huge rl fan, and advocate for rugby league but enough is enough.
    Awful.

You where robbed!!! That officiating was embarrassing!!!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro
    Seasoned logs for sale £3.50 per net bag or £30 for 10 net bags delivered within Billinge/Wigan area.

Learning All The Songs roy litherland's Avatar

corrupt paymastrs rule end of .
    Quote Originally Posted by 29wes28 View Post
    You where robbed!!! That officiating was embarrassing!!!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro
    roy litherland it's happened i told you it would

In The North Stand With All The Old Folk SS's Avatar

Sky Sports RL on Twitter have just deleted a tweet of Peyroux's try showing the ball clearly on the line. Do the math.

I predict that tomorrow, in a similar way, Hull will get all the 50-50 decisions. A Hull/Wire final is the Rfl dream ticket.

Banned

Just walked in the door. First of all the best team on the night won and our tactics left something to be desired. However I have watched this sport home and away since 1968 and I have seen decisions go for and against us. However tonight Rugby League the game I love became Wrestling mark 2. Corrupt!

Starting A Programme Collection

Quote Originally Posted by SS View Post
    How can you not believe the game is bent after that ?!? I don't remember us getting a penalty all second half regardless of the two calls. He doesn't bother sending a knock on to be looked at in scoring a try but asks the third official to literally check everything when it's potentially in their favour and to cap it off, you apparently need clear evidence to overturn a ref's call on tries but a camera shot showing a ball placed on the try line isn't enough. A total shambles. Sky and the RFL need Warrington to vindicate this big club bollox and that ain't gonna happen unless the game helps them. I hope Wigan or Hull screw them. I'm sat here wondering what the point is in following the game when it's so utterly ridiculous. Imagine working your arse off all year to be ••••ed like that. What's the point ?
    100% correct. Absolutely spewing over this!!

Getting beat by a better team or playing poor is one thing but this is neither and just wrong!!

Noooobie

Quote Originally Posted by SS View Post
    Sky Sports RL on Twitter have just deleted a tweet of Peyroux's try showing the ball clearly on the line. Do the math.
    Says it all. Absolute joke

The "ref call" needs binning off, plain and simple. Too many decisions are being influenced by it, the Manfredi try a few months ago that was awarded when he clearly didn't ground it, just because the ref thought it was a try. Tonight which was clearly influenced by Thaler giving no try, despite the VR being in a better position to judge than Thaler. What is the point of having a video ref if they are just going to side with the on field decision!

In The North Stand With All The Old Folk STIDDY's Avatar

Looking forward to tomorrow nights match, if the game is corrupt then I'm expecting Wigan to suffer the same fate.

Learning All The Songs The Chief's Avatar

That was a complete guess by Thaler and there was plenty of evidence to over rule, but not for the first time Joe Cobb bottled it

Noooobie

Thaler gave every decision Warrington's way, the RFL had decided that they wanted the Wire in the final, for some reason, end of. Even Stuart Cummings thought that Peyroux's try should have been given, and there's nobody no more anti Saints than him. Corrupt or incompetent? I'm coming down on the side of the former.

It really guts me also that Tony Smith, who I've always respected, takes a win that he didn't earn, or deserve, happily. Yet more corruption in sport?

I'm a golfer, I would never, ever, dream of cheating.

In The South Stand

I really think it isn't corruption as that's effectively match fixing and I don't believe that happens to this level at the top end of our game, I honestly think it's sheer incompetence based upon a number of factors ranging from investment within refereeing, having such a small pool of referees both full and part time, poor training and development for referees and some of the current laws of the game that are effecting the outcome of certain decisions given by video referees especially.

Rather than chucking money at rebranding the game or marketing campaigns that produce little results at the end, major investment is needed within refereeing of Rugby League at all levels.
    St Helens Rugby League Football Club

In The North Stand With All The Old Folk

I thought Thaler had a stinker, but the decisions to look at the Percival high tackle and the Lomax potential knock on were surely not his. He doesn't see them or he'd give them, so someone obviously gets in his ear about them, although that same person decided not to do the same for the Lineham try. Also, Thaler could have easily said that Peyroux was short and just ordered the play the ball. By going to the screen he is taking alot of the influence he has out of the decision. So, Thaler totally crap but nothing else. The rest of it leaves a real sour taste though, because someone not on the field has played a crucial role in the game.

I'm not having any of this match-fixing nonsense. But we were on the rough end of some of the game's officiating inconsistencies today. The use of the video ref is in urgent need of clarification - it just seems to be completely arbitrary when he chips in at the moment. The ref's call rule is utterly stupid, as I said it was when most people were adamant that it was a brilliant idea because it gave refs back some responsibility. Either the ref has a good idea what happened and sends it up with a confident decision, in which case the video ref would have picked it up anyway, or the ref doesn't see anything and just guesses, thus tying the video ref's hands behind his back. A clear case of the latter tonight (although in fairness there was enough evidence to overturn the ref's call, IMO).
    Last edited by Dux; 30th September 2016 at 00:06.

Noooobie

Can't believe officials make that many mistakes in one game, biased against only one team because they are rubbish..this has to be a directive from rfl/SKY in the blinkered opinion that a new name on the trophy will help sell rugby to the masses..it won't..they are just selling out true fans and driving them away

Noooobie

Quote Originally Posted by Dux View Post
    I'm not having any of this match-fixing nonsense. But we were on the rough end of some of the game's officiating inconsistencies today. The use of the video ref is in urgent need of clarification - it just seems to be completely arbitrary when he chips in at the moment. The ref's call rule is utterly stupid, as I said it was when most people were adamant that it was a brilliant idea because it gave refs back some responsibility. Either the ref has a good idea what happened and sends it up with a confident decision, in which case the video ref would have picked it up anyway, or the ref doesn't see anything and just guesses, thus tying the video ref's hands behind his back. A clear case of the latter tonight (although in fairness there was enough evidence to overturn the ref's call, IMO).
    But Dux,

We won tonight, unfortunately we won't be at Old Trafford next Saturday.

And Tony Smith, and his team, were celebrating like they had legitimately won.

Quote Originally Posted by Saint1951 View Post
    But Dux,

We didn't win. Some calls went against us - some of them quite bad ones - and it certainly didn't help. It happens. But the fact is that with the exception of one nice move we weren't capable of breaking Warrington down.

And do you honestly expect Smith or Warrington to do anything other than celebrate?

Quote Originally Posted by saintelsie View Post
    Can't believe officials make that many mistakes in one game, biased against only one team because they are rubbish..this has to be a directive from rfl/SKY in the blinkered opinion that a new name on the trophy will help sell rugby to the masses..it won't..they are just selling out true fans and driving them away
    We got absolutely shafted. Some absolutely shocking calls

In The South Stand

Quote Originally Posted by Dux View Post
    We didn't win. Some calls went against us - some of them quite bad ones - and it certainly didn't help. It happens. But the fact is that with the exception of one nice move we weren't capable of breaking Warrington down.

And do you honestly expect Smith or Warrington to do anything other than celebrate?
    Exactly this in a nutshell. It doesn't matter if the calls go against you,you still have to keep on playing. Warrington got in a muddle as well,they ended a couple of sets with Gidley taking the ball in on the 4th and the kicker being out of position. We kept grinding up the middle and going right far to much,when we did shift it left it was far far to slow and easy to defend.The few times we got into good attacking position we looked awful. Yes there is no denying there were some really bad calls,but we didn't play well enough to win.

Learning All The Songs

But Dux,

That'll be us in the moral GF then. We need to win one of those because Wigan won one a couple of years ago.
    While it hurt and I felt Wire were getting the rub of the green, we don't want to come over all Wigan. Good luck Hull

Learning All The Songs

But Dux,

As is always said, read it in the papers tomorrow. Warrington won.