Chapel House Motor Company Limited Advertising Banner
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: What do you make of that..........

Phil Clarke= Richard head

Got A Season Ticket RobyGerrard's Avatar

I think Wigan will beat warrington in the final which sadly tells you everything about how the standard of the game has dropped.

Starting A Programme Collection

Yes easy! Kick on the third tackle and grind them down

WARNING! WIDNES FAN!

Percival missing in action, Vea didn't make a metre for such a huge guy he is weak. Wilkin past it 2 years ago, Louie the headless chicken is back and the Ref is better than stevie wonder!!!! Good effort but Warrington were far better on paper I thought they looked very light and young bench we fell into a trap people talk our forwards up as the biggest pack in the league not tonight. Roby showing his age. However we do have Dominic I scored a try that wasn't give peroux!!!!!! �� Sick as a dog is putting it politely. I had a very very heavy bet on us plus 6 to make it worse..... Goodnight god bless

In The South Stand

Quote Originally Posted by Smiggy View Post
    Two wire tries that never were - how can you be saying we weren't good enough when were robbed by wrong decisions? Close game, we played well enough imo.
    But we clearly were not good enough in the second half. We looked clueless at times and lacked a cutting edge. The drop off down the middle and insistence on going right was easy to defend. 70 odd minutes before we worked percy into some space, all the strike on the left and we failed to use it.

Starting A Programme Collection Oldham_Saint's Avatar

So inside the last 10 minutes and we're 8 pts down, we're gifted the ball 40 yards out and do nothing with it. Whose fault is that?

Where and when it really mattered, we weren't good enough to win the match so please accept it and move on. That has nothing to do with Thaler, SKY, the RFL, Phil Clarke or whoever, it's what we do on the field that matters and as much as some calls hurt, we didn't do enough to get the job done.
    RHINO balls are like Bon Jovi albums - Slippery When Wet

ST HELENS RFC - Back in business, Thank you Justin Holbrook.

"I turn the TV volume down because these comedians on SKY are speaking a load of rubbish. They're making a simple game complicated with their long-winded, pointless jargon". Kevin Ashcroft

...I think it's a fair slogan for the World Cup. If you come to England and you don't like the weather, TOUGH TITTIES!!! Andrew Voss, PNG vs Samoa, 4:Nov:13

In The South Stand Saint_Claire's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by undertheradar View Post
    If anyone knows what the game plan was tonight can they let me know? Clueless.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Both teams could have been better. The only one with a plan tonight was the one who made sure the game went to the right team.

Learning All The Songs

Didn't think we did enough to win the game tonight but saying that neither did Warrington, it was there for the taking for both teams. We really needed to come away with points when we were camped on their line for 5 minutes or so towards the back end of the second half.
    Thaler and Cobb should be demoted to amateur games, that was shambolic.
    Performance wise I'm glad it's Vea's last game for us.. Waste of a shirt imo
    Why is Greenwood not playing on the left with Percy? Ineffective on the right side hardly gets any good ball.
    Poor season all in all, hoping for much more next year.. (Not holding my breath)

Quote Originally Posted by RobyGerrard View Post
    I think Wigan will beat warrington in the final which sadly tells you everything about how the standard of the game has dropped.
    Didn't know Wigan where through? Don't they have a game to play

Quote Originally Posted by brook View Post
    But we clearly were not good enough in the second half. We looked clueless at times and lacked a cutting edge. The drop off down the middle and insistence on going right was easy to defend. 70 odd minutes before we worked percy into some space, all the strike on the left and we failed to use it.
    Clearly we did enough should they had gone to screen and the correct decisions have been made. How are you meant to compete with that? Unfair to criticise on that basis.

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by Oldham_Saint View Post
    So inside the last 10 minutes and we're 8 pts down, we're gifted the ball 40 yards out and do nothing with it. Whose fault is that?

Where and when it really mattered, we weren't good enough to win the match so please accept it and move on. That has nothing to do with Thaler, SKY, the RFL, Phil Clarke or whoever, it's what we do on the field that matters and as much as some calls hurt, we didn't do enough to get the job done.
    I know you live in the most depressed town in England but excuses of mental health issues only bear so much credibility. The calls were corrupt and no we were not the better team but those calls need examining or the sport will be dead in five years.

Got A Season Ticket RobyGerrard's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Ferester123 View Post
    I think Wigan's unique brand of hugely entertaining rugby will see off Hull & Wire & show what a great sport RL is.
    I couldn't give a flying one after tonight's farce to be honest.

In The South Stand

Quote Originally Posted by Smiggy View Post
    Clearly we did enough should they had gone to screen and the correct decisions have been made. How are you meant to compete with that? Unfair to criticise on that basis.
    But that's the game mate. Regardless of the ref calls. We went behind rightly or wrongly but we looked clueless. We kept doing the same old thing over and over. They were there to be taken, a few times they got caught without a kicker in place on the last,they were shaky to but we didn't have the ability to open them up.

Learning All The Songs

Quote Originally Posted by Drake920 View Post
    Why is Greenwood not playing on the left with Percy? Ineffective on the right side hardly gets any good ball.
    I thought about this tonight. Reckon it's because that flank has Owens, Peyroux and Walsh on it and he's in to make us solid defensively?

In The North Stand With All The Old Folk STIDDY's Avatar

For a professional sport and game of this stature a 10 point swing from official errors is a disgrace.

Warrington 8pts, Officials 10 pts Saints 10 pts.

Good defensive effort from Warrington though despite the controversy's over the 80 mins I think the effort and performance from Warrington was better than Saints. For Saints it was a gritty performance but too many minutes without the ball.

Lol what a season it has been!

In The North Stand With All The Old Folk The Wee Waa Womble's Avatar

Yes there were some big calls that might have affected the final outcome. The fact is though we weren't good enough. The best team won in my opinion.
    Forwards win games. The backs decide by how much.

In The South Stand

Quote Originally Posted by teddlyf View Post
    I thought about this tonight. Reckon it's because that flank has Owens, Peyroux and Walsh on it and he's in to make us solid defensively?
    He's to good to leave out of the team but Wilkin is playing left and unbalancing the team.

Quote Originally Posted by Oldham_Saint View Post

100% spot on.

It's our responsibility to win the game - our key playmakers did zip nil nadda

Noooobie

Quote Originally Posted by Saintsaregods View Post
    A few interesting decisions, both by the onfield and video official. Discuss.
    Legalised Cheating

Absolutely disgusted by Ben Thaler tonight. Gave everything Warrington's way, Lineham no try, Peyroux definite try. No embarrassment whatsoever from Warrington, Tony Smith. No class, cheats!!!

Starting A Programme Collection Oldham_Saint's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Furlongs View Post
    I know you live in the most depressed town in England but excuses of mental health issues only bear so much credibility. The calls were corrupt and no we were not the better team but those calls need examining or the sport will be dead in five years.
    I do not want to derail this thread, but at what point have I used the 'excuse' of Mental Health issues? If you are referring to my avatar, then I have been Epileptic since 1979 and my neurological condition has no bearing on my views on tonight's game.

The calls were wrong, but we simply weren't good enough ultimately to win the game, as many other more respected posters on here have said as well.
    RHINO balls are like Bon Jovi albums - Slippery When Wet

ST HELENS RFC - Back in business, Thank you Justin Holbrook.

"I turn the TV volume down because these comedians on SKY are speaking a load of rubbish. They're making a simple game complicated with their long-winded, pointless jargon". Kevin Ashcroft

...I think it's a fair slogan for the World Cup. If you come to England and you don't like the weather, TOUGH TITTIES!!! Andrew Voss, PNG vs Samoa, 4:Nov:13

Learning All The Songs saint mac's Avatar

I honestly think that was one of our best performances of the season.A couple or 3 decisions went against us.What worries me is the way we played for half the season.Where was the passion and effort in May and June.That made me pick the games I went to and yes I have a season ticket and my seat in the north stand was one of the empty ones.Not sure if I Will get a season ticket for next season.I am more likely not to because I think the way we play will be the same as we have this season.We will be happy to make the top 4 but we were lucky this season to do that.Warrington made the luck they got tonight because they dared to play a bit of Rugby.We play like robots.

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by Ferester123 View Post
    We're not and this is the least confident I have ever been about a semi. Their pack will hammer our makeshift one. Repeat of CC final with opposite result for me. Hope not tho

Quote Originally Posted by saint mac View Post
    I honestly think that was one of our best performances of the season.A couple or 3 decisions went against us.What worries me is the way we played for half the season.Where was the passion and effort in May and June.That made me pick the games I went to and yes I have a season ticket and my seat in the north stand was one of the empty ones.Not sure if I Will get a season ticket for next season.I am more likely not to because I think the way we play will be the same as we have this season.We will be happy to make the top 4 but we were lucky this season to do that.Warrington made the luck they got tonight because they dared to play a bit of Rugby.We play like robots.
    BEST PERFORMANCES -you're having a laugh aren't you?

We were clueless in attack.

Wish i'd drunk what you've had!!!

Learning All The Songs

Quote Originally Posted by undertheradar View Post
    If anyone knows what the game plan was tonight can they let me know? Clueless.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Kick early and use the middles (I guess).