Chapel House Motor Company Limited Advertising Banner
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Interesting Article

Learning All The Songs

In The North Stand With All The Old Folk

Quote Originally Posted by Saint Margaret View Post
    I won't be very popular for saying this, but with regard to the standard of the League this year, i believe that with Leeds being abject the standard of the League has fallen dramatically, last season they did the treble playing real fast, open, off loading Rugby, they were rightly lauded for it, i was hoping that we might have taken a few lessons off them

But with them dropping like a stone this year, the standard of play has fallen, hopefully next season they will be back, we and all other teams will embrace a more pleasing to the eye type of rugby the league definitely needs a good Leeds team (as long as they always finish second to us).
    Perfectly valid point, and in a greater sense the demise of Leeds allowed the top teams to relax slightly. From about 15 games in this season it was basically 4 from 5 in terms of who would make the Semi Finals. We went on a good stretch, Catalans imploded, so 5 became 4 and it's been 4 for a while now. Had Leeds been as good as they usually are then the battle for the 4 spots would have been alot more interesting, and one of the current Top 4 would be worrying about missing out, which has to be good for the intensity of the games and the league in general.