Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast

Thread: diciplinary

In The South Stand

Quote Originally Posted by bazdev View Post

Try it, I guarantee you dont hit your target more than one in ten
    Lol, what a spanner this guy is.

In The North Stand With All The Old Folk Belgian Saint's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by UhAhGeorgie Mann View Post
    They do in the sense that Stuart Cummings is appointed to represent and defend players!
    Are you serious?? Unbelievable if you are.

In The North Stand With All The Old Folk The Yellow Giraffe's Avatar

Try it, I guarantee you dont hit your target more than one in ten
    Don't talk such rubbish. You're an absolute moron.

Turning his back at the last second when his arm is already travelling towards the face isn't going to make all that much difference. He knew he was either gonna hit the neck, face or head and he did.

To imply it was just an accident that he happened to make contact with the neck is complete and utter nonsense.
    NEVER WRITE OFF THE SAINTS

Quote Originally Posted by Belgian Saint View Post
    Are you serious?? Unbelievable if you are.
    He represented Dave Taylor in his gouging charge, which he was cleared of. Mind you, Saints contributed by failing to respond to the RFL's request for a statement about the gouging. In which case it's hard for the club to complain about a lack of a ban!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Clearly poor Ben turned his back and had no idea he would contact the neck or head with his elbow.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Learning All The Songs MancSaint's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Saint_Claire View Post

Quotes from it include:

'Player accepts he made contact with opponents head and has accepted this. No intent to injure and no malice involved- Has had periods of anxiety and club are concerned about his current condition as a result of this incident and possible outcome-front row forward who plays the game aggressively.'

'
    So, to clarify, Flower mullers someone in the head with his elbow, and there's a concern over Flower's anxiety.

Right.

Also, "player not in attendance...."

Didn't Saints say they had concerns over Walsh and Thompson travelling to Red Hall so close to a game, hence they chose not to contest the bans? Well, it seems they could have be represented by others. Or is that not a feature for us?

Again, I'm not one for a persecution complex or conspiracy theories, but when it's presented so brazenly, how can we deny it?
    Wigoon must be laughing up their collective sleeves.

Got A Replica Shirt saint at wire's Avatar

So now we know that Flower " left the floor to protect himself" and "this was a charge down".

This is unbelievable stuff.
    I would even say corrupt.

I think he should be judged on this incident alone not the 2014 sending off.I don't think we wouldn't be so arsed about the length of the ban had we not had Walsh and Thompson banned for the same amount of games a few weeks ago.

Sent from my P023 using Tapatalk

In The North Stand With All The Old Folk Buddy's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by MancSaint View Post
    So, to clarify, Flower mullers someone in the head with his elbow, and there's a concern over Flower's anxiety.

Right.

Didn't Saints say they had concerns over Walsh and Thompson travelling to Red Hall so close to a game, hence they chose not to contest the bans? Well, it seems they could have be represented by others. Or is that not a feature for us?

Again, I'm not one for a persecution complex or conspiracy theories, but when it's presented so brazenly, how can we deny it?
    Didn't they use his anxiety in his defence after the Hohia incident?

Sent from my Nexus 5X using Tapatalk

Let's just say it's a different game than the one I grew up with when a flying elbow to the throat is classed the same as a shoulder charge or dumping a man on his back

Quote Originally Posted by Buddy View Post
    Didn't they use his anxiety in his defence after the Hohia incident?

Sent from my Nexus 5X using Tapatalk
    I think you're right Bud.

It's a wonder poor Benjamin manages to step out of his front door, never mind step onto a rugby pitch, what with him being so anxious all the time.

I simply cannot accept that the Disciplinary panel buy into this utter fantasy.

What is going on at Red Hall?

In The South Stand The.Reverand's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by The Yellow Giraffe View Post
    Don't talk such rubbish. You're an absolute moron.

Turning his back at the last second when his arm is already travelling towards the face isn't going to make all that much difference. He knew he was either gonna hit the neck, face or head and he did.

To imply it was just an accident that he happened to make contact with the neck is complete and utter nonsense.
    Why do you bite when someone's clearly on the wind up?

In The North Stand With All The Old Folk Buddy's Avatar

I think you're right Bud.

It's a wonder poor Benjamin manages to step out of his front door, never mind step onto a rugby pitch, what with him being so anxious all the time.

I simply cannot accept that the Disciplinary panel buy into this utter fantasy.

What is going on at Red Hall?
    As I said earlier in this case I think the ban is about right. It's the others that were ridiculous IMO.

Got A Season Ticket Big Kev Iro's Avatar

Angry Ex Wiganer

Quote Originally Posted by Sean Day View Post
    Let's just say it's a different game than the one I grew up with when a flying elbow to the throat is classed the same as a shoulder charge or dumping a man on his back
    You can take a Wiganer out of Wigan but the indiscipline lasts for ever it seems

aka Chris Ashton banned for 12 weeks for biting after a 10 week ban last season, seems they never learn but the RU don't mess about with a slapped wrist.

apologies in advance for mentioning THEM.

As I said yesterday. I actually think two matches is correct. However I do wonder if the offence happened this week would it still have been two? Or if G Hock had done this what would have happened.
    Flower clearly is a flawed person when he plays rugby. I make no comment of him off the field as I have never met him. Everyone knows he will always be one tackle away from another GF incident. You only have to watch him during a game and see he is on the edge. This will not be the last time he steps over the edge in a game. How long Wigan will continue to cover for his 'weakness' is another matter.
    Humans are more concerned with having than being.

Quote Originally Posted by The.Reverand View Post
    Why do you bite when someone's clearly on the wind up?
    I don't actually think he is. I've read his drivel for years mate and he is genuinely this stupid and blinkered.

In The South Stand

Quote Originally Posted by Big Kev Iro View Post
    You can take a Wiganer out of Wigan but the indiscipline lasts for ever it seems

aka Chris Ashton banned for 12 weeks for biting after a 10 week ban last season, seems they never learn but the RU don't mess about with a slapped wrist.

apologies in advance for mentioning THEM.
    I think that you're right raising this. It puts Flower's ban for his assault on Hohiah into context, i.e. his ban was far too short. Two significant punches, one to the eye socket of an unconscious victim!

The RL haven't always been so tentative with disciplinary punishments. In the 1960s one of my cousins (I hope he doesn't read this forum) was banned sine die for biting. That was the end of a promising career.

I'm still fuming about the penalties imposed upon Walsh and Thompson. They were grossly unfair. Thompson turned to avoid the attacking player's forearm and there was then an accidental head clash that he was blamed for and Flower, with his appalling history, gets the same two weeks for leaping in, leading with the elbow. Walsh's punishment was down to Carney's rant.

To be honest, if Flower's anxiety is code for deeper problems, should he be playing at all?

Right.

Was that not to do with the appeal? I think the players might have to be there for the appeal and that's why they didn't go through with it.

In The North Stand With All The Old Folk Blobbynator's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Tallahassee View Post
    I think he should be judged on this incident alone not the 2014 sending off.I don't think we wouldn't be so arsed about the length of the ban had we not had Walsh and Thompson banned for the same amount of games a few weeks ago.

Sent from my P023 using Tapatalk
    I think this is where the problem comes though. Where is the consistency? How can an elbow to the face be deemed the same punishment as those incidents especially given his record compared to Thompson and Walsh? I'd say i'm surprised by Flower's ban but I'm not. Typical inconsistency from the RFL, Flower should've got 3 matches.
    Quote Originally Posted by Despondent Dave
    Blobby is a man of style, panache and impeccable taste

Learning All The Songs

So Ben Flower gets a 2 match ban for a late flying elbow to the throat of a kicker, which was deemed to be a straight red card on field. (Poor previous disciplinary record)
    Luke Thomson gets a 2 match ban for 'secondary contact' accidental head clash, which is deemed only to be a penalty? (A dubious one at that) (Clean disciplinary record)
    The RFL are a laughing stock, complete and utter embarrassment.

In The North Stand With All The Old Folk Belgian Saint's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by RV12 View Post
    He represented Dave Taylor in his gouging charge, which he was cleared of. Mind you, Saints contributed by failing to respond to the RFL's request for a statement about the gouging. In which case it's hard for the club to complain about a lack of a ban!
    Thx mate.
    I did not know that we failed to respond to the gouging charge, nor that Cummins represented anyone. So if he says during the match "the ref got it wrong or it wasn't that bad" etc. Then he is the man to go to for defence.
    Just doesn't seem right.

Quote Originally Posted by The Yellow Giraffe View Post
    Was that not to do with the appeal? I think the players might have to be there for the appeal and that's why they didn't go through with it.
    Yep , you're probably right with that YG, I stand corrected.

In The South Stand

I dont think he is a particularly dirty player. He saw red when Hohaia elbowed him and completely crossed the line, but I stand by this being careless over malicious and other than these 2 incidents I dont recall him being in trouble.

Some players play right on the edge, but I dont think he is one of them.
    Oh dear, not this "Hohia elbowed him and completely crossed the line" sh*te. If you watch the DVD (I'm sure you've got it, as it was a moral victory!), you can see Flower strike at Hohia when the ball is in the air, knocking him to the ground. Having been fouled from behin in the most cowardly fashion whilst chasing the kick, Hohia then elbows Flower. This is followed by a savage attack usually seen outside nightclubs on an inner city Saturday night. There is no defence for Flower's thuggery as you appear to suggest. Any credibility you may have is now gone. If you can't see Flower for what he is, you really have no place commenting about our sport on this or any other forum. Disgraceful remarks in defence of a disgraceful player.

Starting A Programme Collection MachineGunFunk's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Drake920 View Post
    So Ben Flower gets a 2 match ban for a late flying elbow to the throat of a kicker, which was deemed to be a straight red card on field. (Poor previous disciplinary record)
    Luke Thomson gets a 2 match ban for 'secondary contact' accidental head clash, which is deemed only to be a penalty? (A dubious one at that) (Clean disciplinary record)
    The RFL are a laughing stock, complete and utter embarrassment.
    This!

The game is a joke, it's no wonder crowds are down and fans are disillusioned.
    "Never write off the Saints!!"