Thread: diciplinary

In The South Stand Nickles Forearm's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by roy litherland View Post
    I wonder who was on the panel???.
    It was..

P Charlesworth

W George

I Butt

2 match ban was always going to be the case, whole system in completely fu**ed & in need of a overhaul.

RFL justification for Ah Van..
    Player runs in to join melee unnecessarily. Appears to strike out towards body of opponent however footage unclear as to nature of contact. Sending Off Sufficient

For Ben Coward..
    Surprisingly none at this time... Interesting

In The South Stand Nickles Forearm's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by bazdev View Post
    Quite surprised he didn't get the full 3 games, has the explanation been put up yet?

I still think it was careless over malicious as he had his back to him when he made contact and it would have took some doing to target an area and do it in mid air with his back to him.

If we get to the GF it will be interesting if Wane picks him
    Course Wane will pick him Cus he buys into the way Wane wants the game to be played

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by Nickles Forearm View Post
    Course Wane will pick him Cus he buys into the way Wane wants the game to be played
    I dont think he is a particularly dirty player. He saw red when Hohaia elbowed him and completely crossed the line, but I stand by this being careless over malicious and other than these 2 incidents I dont recall him being in trouble.

Some players play right on the edge, but I dont think he is one of them.

When a player is charging a kick down surely your arms are up or you turn into it to stop the ball? Not run like a lunatic leading with the forearm/elbow?

Sent from my P023 using Tapatalk

Banned

I dont think he is a particularly dirty player. He saw red when Hohaia elbowed him and completely crossed the line, but I stand by this being careless over malicious and other than these 2 incidents I dont recall him being in trouble.

Barry have you been in that Kandy Klub again.

Learning All The Songs

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by Furlongs View Post
    Barry have you been in that Kandy Klub again.
    ????

In The North Stand With All The Old Folk fishy3005's Avatar

For all i don't agree with most of what Bazdev posts he's probably right about Ben Flower.

Im disappointed more in the disciplinary committee than i am in Ben Flower. Their is just no consistency.
    screaming in the family corner, scaring the kiddies

In The North Stand With All The Old Folk Belgian Saint's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by fishy3005 View Post
    So when O'loughlin hangs a player out he gets off lightly because of his clean record.
    Luke Walsh has a clean record but cops 2 matches for a debatable tackle that IMO wasn't too bad.
    Ben Flower has a poor record but still only gets 2 games???

Complete joke.
    Exactly.
    But what did you expect. Two is probably the best we could have hoped for.

Flower didn't attend the hearing it was Shaun Wane and he and the Wigan club are worried about Flower as he has been anxious and they are worried about how he will react to a ban as he is a prop and plays the game aggressively. Don't we all know - in fact he plays it too aggressively at times.

In The South Stand Saint_Claire's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Nickles Forearm View Post
    It was..

P Charlesworth

W George

I Butt

2 match ban was always going to be the case, whole system in completely fu**ed & in need of a overhaul.

RFL justification for Ah Van..
    Player runs in to join melee unnecessarily. Appears to strike out towards body of opponent however footage unclear as to nature of contact. Sending Off Sufficient

For Ben Coward..
    Surprisingly none at this time... Interesting
    Its on now: http://www.rugby-league.com/the_rfl/disciplinary

Quotes from it include:

'Player not in attendance represented by Head Coach Shaun Wane and Welfare Officer Mick Farrell. Player pleads guilty to contact with the opponents head but believes it was a careless act rather than reckless. Challenge the Grading of Grade C and believe it should be a lower grading. Similar incidents in other games have not been graded as a grade C. Coach was concerned about lack of kick pressure and sent message on to increase this. Player went to charge down the kick, turned his back and left the floor to protect himself. No intent to injure this was a charge down and a careless act at the worst. This was a tense game and player was dismissed from the field of play.'

'Player accepts he made contact with opponents head and has accepted this. No intent to injure and no malice involved- Has had periods of anxiety and club are concerned about his current condition as a result of this incident and possible outcome-front row forward who plays the game aggressively.'

'The Tribunal have taken into account the submissions made on behalf of the player by his representatives and the fact the player has admitted he made contact with the opponents head. Having carefully watched the DVD on numerous occasions this Tribunal are satisfied this was a reckless act and that the grading at grade C was correct. The player clearly jumps towards the opponent with his arm and elbow promoted. There is contact with opponents head. It is accepted this contact was not deliberate but was reckless. In deciding the sanction this Tribunal feel that a 2 match suspension and a £300 fine is appropriate.'

In The North Stand With All The Old Folk The Yellow Giraffe's Avatar

Quite surprised he didn't get the full 3 games, has the explanation been put up yet?

I still think it was careless over malicious as he had his back to him when he made contact and it would have took some doing to target an area and do it in mid air with his back to him.

If we get to the GF it will be interesting if Wane picks him
    Barrie seriously, give it a rest. All this "he had his back to him" nonsense; we weren't born yesterday. He aimed his forearm/elbow in the general direction of the neck/head area. He knew what he was doing. Just because he turned his back at the last second doesn't mean he didn't already know where his arm was heading.

If you believe that then you're thicker than I thought.
    NEVER WRITE OFF THE SAINTS

In The North Stand With All The Old Folk The Yellow Giraffe's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Agent Mulder View Post
    Flower didn't attend the hearing it was Shaun Wane and he and the Wigan club are worried about Flower as he has been anxious and they are worried about how he will react to a ban as he is a prop and plays the game aggressively. Don't we all know - in fact he plays it too aggressively at times.

I've heard it all now. "Please don't ban him in case feels a bit down afterwards!" What on earth am I reading here at all!?
    NEVER WRITE OFF THE SAINTS

Banned

I thought that when Walsh was charged the disciplinary said that previous incidents cannot be used as a benchmark .

Learning All The Songs

Yes he caught him square in the throat with his elbow, it definitely deserved a ban, had he done it with intent he would have been looking at a ban similar to the last time he got one.
    The elbow is the key. If he had kept his hands down ok but there was a follow through with the elbow. If anything less than three then justice has not been served.

I think the two match ban is right. So should they get to the GF he will be available. I hope whoever plays them are aware Flower brings 30 points to the game..
    Humans are more concerned with having than being.

Learning All The Songs

Sky will make a big story out of this if Wigan get to the final, I wonder if sky has an input at the disciplinary hearing

In The North Stand With All The Old Folk Buddy's Avatar

I think the ban in this Instance is probably right, it's the ones in weeks previous that that were the problem.

Funny how a wholly independent committee makes a difference. Saints really did miss a huge opportunity to expose the ineptitude of the RFL by accepting the ridiculous bans given by Sculthorpe and Fielden.

Got A Season Ticket

Will you please stop peddling the line that Lance started the GF incident. Flower had already pushed him to the ground when Lance retaliated and Flower's follow up was simply indefensible.

Wigan's defence of the latest incident is simply pathetic - if he is that stressed by it all he should stop hitting players around the head.

Finally the defence actually admits what any reasonable watcher has known. Wane coaches/encourages his players to attack the opposition.........

Got A Season Ticket UhAhGeorgie Mann's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Southport Saint View Post
    Sky will make a big story out of this if Wigan get to the final, I wonder if sky has an input at the disciplinary hearing
    They do in the sense that Stuart Cummings is appointed to represent and defend players!

Quote Originally Posted by Walter View Post
    Will you please stop peddling the line that Lance started the GF incident. Flower had already pushed him to the ground when Lance retaliated and Flower's follow up was simply indefensible.

Wigan's defence of the latest incident is simply pathetic - if he is that stressed by it all he should stop hitting players around the head.

Finally the defence actually admits what any reasonable watcher has known. Wane coaches/encourages his players to attack the opposition.........
    Agree with all of this.

Any player who can punch an unconscious defenceless man under any circumstances is a coward, thug and dirty player.

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by The Yellow Giraffe View Post
    Barrie seriously, give it a rest. All this "he had his back to him" nonsense; we weren't born yesterday. He aimed his forearm/elbow in the general direction of the neck/head area. He knew what he was doing. Just because he turned his back at the last second doesn't mean he didn't already know where his arm was heading.

If you believe that then you're thicker than I thought.
    Try it, I guarantee you dont hit your target more than one in ten

Quote Originally Posted by UhAhGeorgie Mann View Post
    They do in the sense that Stuart Cummings is appointed to represent and defend players!
    Interesting isn't it. A former employee of the RFL being able to represent players does raise questions regarding impartiality.

Quote Originally Posted by Div View Post
    I will be shocked if Flower gets more than 2.
    There you go, was fairly obvious yesterday what was going to happen.

In The South Stand Paul Newlove's Avatar

Flower belted Hohaia around the head as the kick went up....this can't still surely be a debate.