Chapel House Motor Company Limited Advertising Banner
Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst ... 34567

Thread: diciplinary

Learning All The Songs

Quote Originally Posted by The Yellow Giraffe View Post
    He'd be in our 17 on ability alone.
    He's better than Richards and Tasi granted, but that's no achievement really.
    Bang average player.

In The North Stand With All The Old Folk The Yellow Giraffe's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Drake920 View Post
    He's better than Richards and Tasi granted, but that's no achievement really.
    Bang average player.

Agree to disagree mate. Don't get me wrong he's no world beater but he's a good player and can very good and real handful on his day. Take away the fact he's a complete and utter lout, is have him at Saints over Richards, Tasi, Vea,etc.
    NEVER WRITE OFF THE SAINTS

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by treewizard View Post
    Hi I don't know why you assume this. Because someone is on the sporting field does not exempt them from prosecution for actions outside the rules of the game..

read the relevant paragraphs here:-

http://www.cps.gov.uk/news/articles/..._crime_speech/

I think people are assuming the wrong thing here, I am referring to the rules for RFL disciplinary not criminal prosecutions. I am saying the punishments handed out by the RFL do not take into consideration, injury caused (Or at least shouldn't be according to the rules)

Learning All The Songs bewareshadows's Avatar

Laughable that he got the same punishment as Walsh. The whole disciplinary system is not fit for purpose.

Default diciplinary

Quote Originally Posted by bewareshadows View Post
    Laughable that he got the same punishment as Walsh. The whole disciplinary system is not fit for purpose.
    I don't agree with the Walsh punishment, but I can understand the logic of a zero-tolerance approach to lifting tackles (at least I could if it were consistently applied). What really winds me up is that Flower's offence has been deemed equivalent to Thompson's. Utterly ridiculous.

Learning All The Songs

Quote Originally Posted by Suttoner View Post
    I was fairly young when it happened and I don't have all the facts. I thought he never applied to play again and just gave up on rugby. I went to Knowsley Road with another cousin to watch him play for the A team and we had to stay out of sight because he didn't like family watching.
    I have spoken to my dad tonight and your cousin did get it overturned as the player who he bit did speak up in his defence. Did you grow up around pocket nook, as you probably knew my dad, he did mention some of his cousins but I didn't know if you grew up around there, did your surname begin with a G?

In The South Stand

Quote Originally Posted by tilly2006 View Post
    I have spoken to my dad tonight and your cousin did get it overturned as the player who he bit did speak up in his defence. Did you grow up around pocket nook, as you probably knew my dad, he did mention some of his cousins but I didn't know if you grew up around there, did your surname begin with a G?
    I didn't know the decision was overturned. I'm pretty sure my cousin just lost faith in the system.

My dad and his family were from Pocket Nook but I am pretty much a Suttoner even though we lived in Park Road for some time. I live in a Sutton now but it's a small hamlet on the Shropshire, Staffordshire border. The "G" will be my cousin Gerard (Ged). He went to West Park, got seriously into RU and probably doesn't read this forum. He is no longer local.

I'm currently preparing for my daughter's wedding but will PM you. I may know your dad if he knows two of my cousins.

In The North Stand With All The Old Folk Scouse Don's Avatar
    Blatherings on That Saints podcast.Back home in St.Helens and in the South stand for service

Get a room you two.
    Learned comment from The Don