Chapel House Motor Company Limited Advertising Banner
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: u19s Semi final

Got A Season Ticket

Default u19s Semi final

After completing a 100% winning league season, the U19s are in semi final action today at 1.00pm at Langtree

Widnes are the opponents, and they have been quite difficult ones in the past couple of seasons.

However, given the strength of the Saints side and the confidence they have as a team, it will be quite a shock if we lose.

I wish them good luck and will be there to cheer them on.

Learning All The Songs

All the best to the boys .

Noooobie

Anyone have team/ score updates I'm unable to go through work but would normally be there, COY next gen saints

Quote Originally Posted by BIG ST MARK View Post
    Anyone have team/ score updates I'm unable to go through work but would normally be there, COY next gen saints
    Currently 34-6 to Saints, 20 min or so left

Starting A Programme Collection

Should be over by now. Final score anyone? Do we know who they may meet in final if they've won.

Learning All The Songs

Quote Originally Posted by Greg View Post
    Should be over by now. Final score anyone? Do we know who they may meet in final if they've won.
    It finished 46-6 to Saints.

In The South Stand

46-6 win to Saints. Well done lads on a great season so far.

Got A Season Ticket

Quote Originally Posted by Greg View Post
    I believe the final is next Sunday. Will be against either Wigan or Leeds. Their semi final is tomorrow. I imagine it will be at LP because we finished highest in the table.

This Saints under 19s team are superb to watch. They score some beautifully executed tries.

Excellent performance today. Good crowd, great tries. Very enjoyable.
    Some good lads coming through..
    Humans are more concerned with having than being.

Quote Originally Posted by 49er View Post
    Agreed, some very clever players in that team and the back up play was superb. Richardson was impressive, great control of the game and very astute

Banned

The final is at 2pm a week tomorrow

Sent from my ALE-L21 using Tapatalk

Got A Season Ticket

Quote Originally Posted by 49er View Post
    Just a point on that mate. The lads are in a 3 year process in the U19s. Yesterday 4 of the 1st year/younger age group all played.
    Evan Bullen, Alex Eckley, Chris Follin and Jordan Olmez are all forwards and can only improve over the next 2 seasons.
    3 of them haven't tasted defeat for a long time now, as they were part of the unbeaten tour to Australia last season and been part of the unbeaten 19s this season.
    Let's hope they make it to the 1st team.

WARNING! PIE EATER!

We beat Leeds 31:18 in our semi so looking forward to another derby in the final.

Got A Season Ticket

Quote Originally Posted by Ptb View Post
    Just a point on that mate. The lads are in a 3 year process in the U19s. Yesterday 4 of the 1st year/younger age group all played.
    Evan Bullen, Alex Eckley, Chris Follin and Jordan Olmez are all forwards and can only improve over the next 2 seasons.
    3 of them haven't tasted defeat for a long time now, as they were part of the unbeaten tour to Australia last season and been part of the unbeaten 19s this season.
    Let's hope they make it to the 1st team.
    Be nice if they stayed unbeaten there too.....

Got A Season Ticket

How did Levy go ?
    Next weeks GF will be his last game for Saints so he should be up for a big one.
    Hope he kicks on with the Melbourne Storm.

Noooobie

Quote Originally Posted by The Eclipse View Post
    How did Levy go ?
    Next weeks GF will be his last game for Saints so he should be up for a big one.
    Has he signed with the Storm??

Learning All The Songs The Chief's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by The Eclipse View Post
    How did Levy go ?
    He had a distinctly average game. He is a unit at this age group but imo doesn't nearly run his weight and tries to wrestle his way through the line on every carry. He isn't explosive enough and probably suffers for a lack of fitness, which would give him another advantage. I would have expected him to kick on after all the early hype but seems to have stagnated. Maybe Melbourne will have higher expectations in terms of his fitness and he will really improve and reach his potential.

Learning All The Songs

Quote Originally Posted by The Chief View Post
    He had a distinctly average game. He is a unit at this age group but imo doesn't nearly run his weight and tries to wrestle his way through the line on every carry. He isn't explosive enough and probably suffers for a lack of fitness, which would give him another advantage. I would have expected him to kick on after all the early hype but seems to have stagnated. Maybe Melbourne will have higher expectations in terms of his fitness and he will really improve and reach his potential.
    Compare him to some of the other forwards that have come through and had first team game time then he's definetly worth keeping. Don't forget, he's still eligible for 19s next season. Perhaps he feels he's worth more than what Saints were offering him. Good luck to the lad, wherever he ends up I hope he does well.

Learning All The Songs

Quote Originally Posted by The Chief View Post
    Has Levy signed for the Storm?

Banned

Saints U19's have pasted more or less everyone they've played so whoever they play in the final should be on the end of another whooping.

Regarding, Levy disappointing he hasn't kicked on. I foresee a year in the Toyota Cup at Melbourne and a return to France as a squad player at Catalans as a possibility.

Noooobie

As a far away Aussie with a passing interest in your club, who would you consider the standouts in under 19's that are ready , or almost ready, for the step up.

Richardson looks likely, what about Reagan Grace. A bit small??

Learning All The Songs The Chief's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by rabbitohbill View Post
    As a far away Aussie with a passing interest in your club, who would you consider the standouts in under 19's that are ready , or almost ready, for the step up.

Without wanting to be too negative, Danny Richardson looks a little Rangi Chase esq IMO, seems to be quite an individual player and doesn't always play to script, which could harm his progression. He has a good turn of pace and can kick goals, but his penalties to touch left a bit to be desired, max of 5-10m gained each time. His defence could certainly improve but again he's only young and with monsters like Dave Taylor running at him out wide, he would need to be a lot more robust if he wants to last in the first team.

As for Regan, he is absolutely electric and is a definite athlete. His is just a little small and in SL I think the concern is he would get out jumped, which is a major danger sign against the likes of Solomona. Given half a yard of space, he is gone and I'd say would be the fastest player at the club at any age group, but it's whether the first team coaches would want pace or size to start the sets. I think the preference is on size at the moment.

Learning All The Songs

Quote Originally Posted by rabbitohbill View Post

I love watching Richardson. A really skilful player. I'd say he was more of a Kevin Brown than Rangi Chase. Whether he's going to make it at superleague is anyone's guess. Much of it is about timing. For instance, is anyone really telling me that Greg Richards was a better player at 18 than what Levi is now? No chance, and I'm not calling Greg, the lad took his chance and done well for himself. Two years ago Charnock was the standout player for us in the 19s, and has never got a chance, last season Morgan had a good season, by no means stand out, but worked hard got his chance and look at him now. We're all just guessing.

Grace is undoubtedly a flyer. He will be prone to mistakes and for me isn't the greatest under a high ball.

The lad I really like is Matty Lees. I think he's only had teo or three games this season, then got a bad injury. If he gets back to fitness he'll absolutely rip it up at 19s next season. Will he ever get in front of Greg, Thommo and co? Who knows.

Learning All The Songs

Quote Originally Posted by jonnythesaint View Post
    I love watching Richardson. A really skilful player. I'd say he was more of a Kevin Brown than Rangi Chase. Whether he's going to make it at superleague is anyone's guess. Much of it is about timing. For instance, is anyone really telling me that Greg Richards was a better player at 18 than what Levi is now? No chance, and I'm not calling Greg, the lad took his chance and done well for himself. Two years ago Charnock was the standout player for us in the 19s, and has never got a chance, last season Morgan had a good season, by no means stand out, but worked hard got his chance and look at him now. We're all just guessing.

Grace is undoubtedly a flyer. He will be prone to mistakes and for me isn't the greatest under a high ball.

The lad I really like is Matty Lees. I think he's only had teo or three games this season, then got a bad injury. If he gets back to fitness he'll absolutely rip it up at 19s next season. Will he ever get in front of Greg, Thommo and co? Who knows.
    I think Greg at around that age was voted forward of the tour when they were over in Australia so must have been doing something right back then

Learning All The Songs

Quote Originally Posted by Loose Forward Bloke View Post
    I think Greg at around that age was voted forward of the tour when they were over in Australia so must have been doing something right back then
    I've no doubt he was, and still is. I've seen them both at that age and without any doubt,both at 18 in their middle year at academy, Levy has shown more potential during games than what Greg did. I don't think anyone can dispute that. That doesn't mean Levy is going to better than Greg. There must be something that the coaches see in Greg they don't see in Levy. Could be attitude towards training, anything.