Chapel House Motor Company Limited Advertising Banner
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Percival back next week or the Semi

In The North Stand With All The Old Folk Blobbynator's Avatar

Default Percival back next week or the Semi

http://m.sthelensstar.co.uk/sport/14...sting_Vikings/

Little bit at the bottom of this article about Percival. KC targetting next week's game as his return but maybe the Semi if he's not 100%. Great news is true, he's been missed alot.
    Quote Originally Posted by Despondent Dave
    Blobby is a man of style, panache and impeccable taste

In The North Stand With All The Old Folk fishy3005's Avatar

Fingers crossed for Percy. He and Lomax combine well and we aren't half as dangerous out wide when either of those two is out injured.
    screaming in the family corner, scaring the kiddies

Starting A Programme Collection

Good news about Percy.

Not so good that Captain Media gets more fulsome unwarranted praise after another stinker of a display.

Got A Replica Shirt

Great news about Percy if he can return for semis

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Really pleased to hear this

Got A Season Ticket

Quote Originally Posted by smeethsaint View Post
    Great news about Percy if he can return for semis

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Percy's got bags of talent but he is slowly turning into wheeler MK2

Banned

What absolute tosh! Wheeler MK2 Percy is a proper rugby player like Lomax he wants to play week in week out.

I'm afraid Cunningham has brainwashed himself if he thinks Wilkin had a good game last week.

In The North Stand With All The Old Folk The Wee Waa Womble's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Furlongs View Post
    What absolute tosh! Wheeler MK2 Percy is a proper rugby player like Lomax he wants to play week in week out.
    It's not worth even commenting on comments like the one from above. They're either trolling or too stupid to have a rational argument with.
    Forwards win games. The backs decide by how much.

Got A Season Ticket

Quote Originally Posted by Furlongs View Post
    But he doesn't that's my point he's out more than he's in my point is he's far to injury prone he misses more matches than he plays throughout the season

In The North Stand With All The Old Folk The Yellow Giraffe's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by BbrookTM View Post
    Percy's got bags of talent but he is slowly turning into wheeler MK2

Absolute nonsense. Wheeler played 65 times in 7 years. Percival has played 66 times in little over half that time.
    NEVER WRITE OFF THE SAINTS

Got A Season Ticket Duke Eddington's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Sausalito View Post
    I'm afraid Cunningham has brainwashed himself if he thinks Wilkin had a good game last week.
    Is that the case or have supporters brainwashed themselves that Wilkin never has a good game!
    I must admit that I was gonna nominate Wilkin in the MoM thread last week, but I couldn't have been bothered justifying myself in the backlash I would have received.

But he doesn't that's my point he's out more than he's in my point is he's far to injury prone he misses more matches than he plays throughout the season

Simply not true. He's been unlucky and had a couple of injuries this year but last year he played 24 times. The year before he played 17 times when he was still establishing himself as a 1st team player at 20 years of age.

He's played 66 times at 22 which I don't think is bad at all. Extrapolate that over his career and he'll have played 250 times for us. Wheeler MK2 my arse.

Got A Season Ticket

Quote Originally Posted by The Yellow Giraffe View Post
    Absolute nonsense. Wheeler played 65 times in 7 years. Percival has played 66 times in little over half that time.
    Ok maybe wheeler was a bad comparison but he is very injury prone

See my above post. Is 66 appearances by the age of 22 "very injury prone?"

10 appearances in his debut year at 19, 2013.
    17 the following year, 2014. Still not classed as a 1st team regualar just yet.
    24 in 2015.

14 this year after suffering a bad injury at Sallford from a questionable tackle.

Very injury prone? Really!?

In The South Stand Saint_Claire's Avatar

Or perhaps because he puts his body on the line and is highly competitive unlike a lot of our players who placidly accept mediocrity, he has a higher probability of getting injured not only doing his own job but at times covering for others. We are a poorer team without him. Not only was Wheeler far more prone to injury, apart from one game at Wigan (where he got injured), we never actually missed him. We miss Percy terribly. And to those who think Saints injury problem is confined to Saints, I don't think Wheeler has even played for Wire this year. I think he's been injured for the entire season. And spent much of the previous one there injured too.

Got A Season Ticket

See my above post. Is 66 appearances by the age of 22 "very injury prone?"

10 appearances in his debut year at 19, 2013.
    17 the following year, 2014. Still not classed as a 1st team regualar just yet.
    24 in 2015.

14 this year after suffering a bad injury at Sallford from a questionable tackle.

Learning All The Songs yogi bear's Avatar

if you look at the injuries he's had - I'd say he's been more unlucky than anything.

Remember him getting leg (knee) injuries away at Wakey and Salford, both caused by getting twisted in the tackle - could happen to anybody. The more concerning one is his latest hamstring - we don't want him to start struggling with those.

Also a concern is the long term effect of having these bad injuries - particularly to the knees. A big factor in shortening the career of many a great player. On the positive side - when he has come back from injury - he's usualy up to speed - not like Wheeler who always came back carrying 2 stone

Hope KC is right about Percy coming in for semi, if not next week. In his interview he mentions resting/ changing a few players against Widnes. I can see why. It also depends how tonight's game goes (Wire v Wigan). We can't throw games but if Wire win and are top, I for one would prefer them away to Hull. Although I was not impressed with Hull last night. They seem to be a bit off colour.
    It looks like he will try and run his team he wants for the semi against Wakey according to his interview. I guess we should just try and win at Widnes and against Wakey and whoever we get in the semi, we have to deal with.
    Humans are more concerned with having than being.

Quote Originally Posted by 49er View Post
    Hope KC is right about Percy coming in for semi, if not next week. In his interview he mentions resting/ changing a few players against Widnes. I can see why. It also depends how tonight's game goes (Wire v Wigan). We can't throw games but if Wire win and are top, I for one would prefer them away to Hull. Although I was not impressed with Hull last night. They seem to be a bit off colour.
    It looks like he will try and run his team he wants for the semi against Wakey according to his interview. I guess we should just try and win at Widnes and against Wakey and whoever we get in the semi, we have to deal with.
    I agree, I can see why he is toying with the idea of giving a couple of people a break as well. It's difficult to pre-empt who we will play in the semi like you say, and I don't think Cunningham will see much difference in finishing 4th or 3rd. So if giving the likes of Walsh or Roby or Lomax a break, or even someone like Amor or Walmsley, means risking the 2 points on Sunday then I wouldn't be overly concerned.

Then go full tilt against Wakey and see where we end up.

I suppose the counter-argument is getting more game time into the on-field combinations, i.e. Lomax, Turner, Walsh, Roby, etc. but I'm sure they can pick this up pretty quickly anyway.

I agree, I can see why he is toying with the idea of giving a couple of people a break as well. It's difficult to pre-empt who we will play in the semi like you say, and I don't think Cunningham will see much difference in finishing 4th or 3rd. So if giving the likes of Walsh or Roby or Lomax a break, or even someone like Amor or Walmsley, means risking the 2 points on Sunday then I wouldn't be overly concerned.

Then go full tilt against Wakey and see where we end up.

I suppose the counter-argument is getting more game time into the on-field combinations, i.e. Lomax, Turner, Walsh, Roby, etc. but I'm sure they can pick this up pretty quickly anyway.
    I think I'd be inclined to make this counter argument. We've had so much disruption in the backs and the halves this year that I think with a maximum of four games left we need to get our best combinations on the field as soon as possible.

Quote Originally Posted by Dux View Post
    I think I'd be inclined to make this counter argument. We've had so much disruption in the backs and the halves this year that I think with a maximum of four games left we need to get our best combinations on the field as soon as possible.
    Your point is valid also, but KC seems worried about the Widnes pitch which has been responsible for a couple of our big injuries (TM comes to mind). I would go with thinking of resting (or preventing possible pitch related injury) a couple of the Walsh-Roby-Turner-Lomax combo.
    Humans are more concerned with having than being.

Your point is valid also, but KC seems worried about the Widnes pitch which has been responsible for a couple of our big injuries (TM comes to mind). I would go with thinking of resting (or preventing possible pitch related injury) a couple of the Walsh-Roby-Turner-Lomax combo.
    McDonnell and Fages for Lomax and Walsh/Roby wouldn't altogether shock me going into this one. We'll know more by 2pm today anyway.

EDIT: McDonnell has just been named in the 19 man squad.
    Last edited by The Yellow Giraffe; 16th September 2016 at 14:02.

I know KC seems to think so, but are we sure that these injuries are pitch-related? Do Widnes suffer more with injuries than other sides? (That's not me attacking your point, by the way ... I'm genuinely interested.)

Quote Originally Posted by Dux View Post
    I know KC seems to think so, but are we sure that these injuries are pitch-related? Do Widnes suffer more with injuries than other sides? (That's not me attacking your point, by the way ... I'm genuinely interested.)
    That's something I have asked before as well. I don't know how much of it is purely myth or just a psychological thing. I certainly don't recall them having 6,7,8 players out at a time like we have had in the past and also Wigan have had this year.

But Cunningham has genuine concerns for someone like Walsh playing on that surface then it really isn't worth it at this stage of the season.