Chapel House Motor Company Limited Advertising Banner
Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 12345

Thread: 19 man Squad v Castleford

Learning All The Songs St Willy's Avatar

Carney looks gutted that there aren't any incidents he can highlight to the RFL 😂

Sent from my SM-G903F using Tapatalk
    RFL Championship / Super League (17) - 1931–32, 1952–53, 1958–59, 1965–66, 1969–70, 1970–71, 1974–75, 1996, 1999, 2000, 2002, 2006, 2014, 2019, 2020, 2021, 2022

Challenge Cup (13) - 1955–56, 1960–61, 1965–66, 1971–72, 1975–76, 1996, 1997, 2001, 2004, 2006, 2007, 2008, 2021

World Club Challenge (3) - 2001, 2007, 2023

League Leader's Shield (9) - 2002, 2005, 2006, 2007, 2008, 2014, 2018, 2019, 2022

Learning All The Songs

Fair play to Clarke saying we have the best defence in the league. I still think Wigan are probably better than us there, but we're definitely the most improved. I do think it's weird our attack gets hammered though. Saints are one of the four sides to top 700 points this season. Hardly terrible

In The North Stand With All The Old Folk SS's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by magic superbeetle View Post
    Why and earth would we move greenwood to prop?
    Doesn't matter what we think, looks like it's happening. He's lined up right and is in theory playing as a second row but if you watch him, he's very central and very direct. He's also put a lot of weight on and is first drive off some penalties and kick offs. Unless someone at Saints has had the foresight to develop him into a massive second row forward like the Australians would do, he's being groomed to play prop. The reason why Gould and co like Greenwood is all because of that frame; he's one of those rare athletes that could become massive but still be agile, an absolute nightmare to defend in the channels. Sadly over here, anything remotely big ends up playing central.

Quote Originally Posted by tyke View Post
    Pmsl.No brothers,unlike you where your brothers your cousin and your mothers your auntie,big ears by any chance ?
    Not only am I an only child, I'm also educated. You have neither the wit nor the intellect to challenge me.

I'm truly sorry that you're time in the orphanage was wasted, probably boring other orphans into submission before piddling in your pants. Perhaps it's not your fault that your DNA is drained from the smallest gene pool imaginable in your council estate populated solely by your own family.

Regardless, you should spend some time reading the English dictionary and perhaps re-sit the infant years at school (which you clearly missed, probably "travelling" and removing lead from another church roof) so that you may be able to join a genuine debate regarding the sport of Rugby league.

In the meantime, f**k off.

Ps it's "were?" Not "where"
    Can't stop the spirits when they need you.

This life is more than just a read through.

Learning All The Songs roy litherland's Avatar

Classic laughing my "tranclement off" lol.
    Quote Originally Posted by RJM25R View Post
    Not only am I an only child, I'm also educated. You have neither the wit nor the intellect to challenge me.

I'm truly sorry that you're time in the orphanage was wasted, probably boring other orphans into submission before piddling in your pants. Perhaps it's not your fault that your DNA is drained from the smallest gene pool imaginable in your council estate populated solely by your own family.

Regardless, you should spend some time reading the English dictionary and perhaps re-sit the infant years at school (which you clearly missed, probably "travelling" and removing lead from another church roof) so that you may be able to join a genuine debate regarding the sport or Rugby league.

roy litherland it's happened i told you it would

Quote Originally Posted by Saint_down_under View Post
    Go back to school and learn some grammar, idiot.
    Irony!

Quote Originally Posted by teddlyf View Post
    Farce. Video ref has to disallow that, whether he was technically correct or not
    I agree but the rules forbid it!

In The West Stand

Quote Originally Posted by SS View Post
    Doesn't matter what we think, looks like it's happening. He's lined up right and is in theory playing as a second row but if you watch him, he's very central and very direct. He's also put a lot of weight on and is first drive off some penalties and kick offs. Unless someone at Saints has had the foresight to develop him into a massive second row forward like the Australians would do, he's being groomed to play prop. The reason why Gould and co like Greenwood is all because of that frame; he's one of those rare athletes that could become massive but still be agile, an absolute nightmare to defend in the channels. Sadly over here, anything remotely big ends up playing central.
    True, sadly enough.

Wilkin causes massive imbalance in our back row at the moment so I'm still clinging on to the hope this is all just keeping him happy during his swan song and Greenwood will get to move back to the left where he's more effective next year.

Learning All The Songs

Quote Originally Posted by St Willy View Post
    Carney looks gutted that there aren't any incidents he can highlight to the RFL 

Sent from my SM-G903F using Tapatalk
    Wouldn't be surprised if Walsh is up again after his rant at the official.

In The North Stand With All The Old Folk The Wee Waa Womble's Avatar

One thing that confused me from the referees and Cummings tonight was the Chase sin bin. They mentioned that if it got reviewed he could end up with a ban. Surely if something is worth a ban retrospectively but it's an incident the officials have seen, it should be a red card? Another example of the system being absurd following that forward pass video ref nonsense.
    Forwards win games. The backs decide by how much.

In The South Stand Saint_Claire's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by fishy3005 View Post
    I hope Williams stays in Oz. It will be criminal if we move Greenwood to prop where he runs his blood to water and gets smashed every week whilst that lazy fat mess stands out wide picking his nose living off his reputation because Ray Warren nicknamed him T Rex.

Can you tell im dead set against signing Williams?
    I'm with you. If Greenwood would be an awesome prop, the NRL would nick him anyway. Rather keep him in the second row than replace him with an NRL reject.

Learning All The Songs

Quote Originally Posted by The Wee Waa Womble View Post
    One thing that confused me from the referees and Cummings tonight was the Chase sin bin. They mentioned that if it got reviewed he could end up with a ban. Surely if something is worth a ban retrospectively but it's an incident the officials have seen, it should be a red card? Another example of the system being absurd following that forward pass video ref nonsense.
    If that's a ban I'm watching the wrong sport

Learning All The Songs

Regardless, you should spend some time reading the English dictionary and perhaps re-sit the infant years at school (which you clearly missed, probably "travelling" and removing lead from another church roof) so that you may be able to join a genuine debate regarding the sport of Rugby league.

To be fair, if you're going to pick someone up on their spelling you could at least get it right yourself. It's 'your' not 'you're'

In The North Stand With All The Old Folk The Wee Waa Womble's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by teddlyf View Post
    If that's a ban I'm watching the wrong sport
    The point I'm making isn't necessarily about whether it's a ban, it's why incidents worth a ban are seemingly not worth red cards.
    Forwards win games. The backs decide by how much.

Learning All The Songs

Quote Originally Posted by The Wee Waa Womble View Post
    The point I'm making isn't necessarily about whether it's a ban, it's why incidents worth a ban are seemingly not worth red cards.
    I don't mind if they get binned, but when it's a penalty and on report it drives me potty!

You should play to your strengths, Greenwood was club top try scorer for most of the season so we shouldn't shift around our best back row combination (as others have mentioned) to accomodate Wilkin nor should he be doing 80 mins if he really has to be in the 17. Ideally we should look to play with Greenwood on the left LMS on the right and Knowles at loose with a prop rotation of Amor Walmsley Thompson and Vea, bin Richards off and have Amor starting which might help the poor starts we have had in the last few games

Starting A Programme Collection Marsh's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by zippy View Post
    Wouldn't be surprised if Walsh is up again after his rant at the official.
    It should be the referee and touch judges that should be banned, utterly embarrassing performance by all involved

In The North Stand With All The Old Folk Buddy's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Marsh View Post
    It should be the referee and touch judges that should be banned, utterly embarrassing performance by all involved
    Looking again at it I can see why the ref played on because he was hopelessly out of position behind Saints posts, but the touch judges were a disgrace if neither saw that incident

Learning All The Songs

Castleford where really struggling for a pack tonight and really got steamrollered in the end. Really struggling for squad depth which is where our excellent home grown talent comes into play.

In The South Stand

wrong post

In The North Stand With All The Old Folk paulscnthorpe's Avatar

Couple of things for me, Wilkin gets criticised for playing that central role and a pivot, if you take him out we lose a lot of our width which help create the tries for the likes of Swift. Yes Knowles is a fantastic runner, but a back row of Greenwood, LMS, Knowles completely changes our style of play, and will mean a return to running up the middle

If you genuinely believe Wilkin is playing second row as he's being named, then you need to watch the game a bit more, surely it is LMS who is making Greenwood play on the wrong side.

Another point people seem to have fixated on this 'Greenwood on the wrong side' and if he plays on the left he'll suddenly be Gordon Tallis? He may just be he's not as good form as he was at the start of the season.

Another comfortable victory which hopefully should see us stay in third after the weekend, and 9 wins from 10

In The South Stand Tez the Saint's Avatar

First half wasn't the best but when we strung a few sets together and controlled possession we looked like a proper team. The main issue for us is mistakes though - far too many individual errors at key periods of the game and we let Cas off the hook too frequently IMO. On the flip side to that though, when we had the ball we scored points. For a forty minutes to an hour we looked solid though. We struggled big time with the ball against Wigan and I was worried about how we'd cope and adapt but scoring forty points considering the lack of speed in the side is a fair effort. Have to pay credit to Roby, Walsh and Lomax who were all excellent IMO.

We need to fix up those individual errors though. That goes with our defence as well, individual misreads that are costing us tries. Our start to the Hull FC game was poor and we didn't start well last night either which is something that needs to be addressed. Complete your sets, chase hard and build some pressure from the off.

We're in a nice position though with a couple of games left in the 8's. No pressure on us now and we can look forward and start preparing for that semi final. That starts with looking at our efficiency and our attention to the finer details but if we click we'll take some beating, especially with Percival out on the park.
    Last edited by Tez the Saint; 9th September 2016 at 08:23.
    Steve Prescott MBE (1973-2013)
    V

Got A Season Ticket

Sorry mate but it made me laugh when you are giving lessons on were and where yet say you're time at the orphanage.