Chapel House Motor Company Limited Advertising Banner
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234

Thread: Wane

In The North Stand With All The Old Folk The Yellow Giraffe's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Furlongs View Post
    I will be honest here Sculthorpe leaving us would be a positive. You can only carry so many legends, the best one Joynt we let go. Cunningham has been backed he has backed goldilocks and Martyn is the bar steward not to mention Wello. Thanks Scully hand over the tea pot.
    I take your point about there probably being too many ex-players in and around the club and a bit of a jobs for the boys mentality. However, seeing someone like Paul Sculthorpe sat next to Wane on SKY would be more than a tad disappointing to say the least.
    NEVER WRITE OFF THE SAINTS

In The North Stand With All The Old Folk Belgian Saint's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by The Yellow Giraffe View Post
    I take your point about there probably being too many ex-players in and around the club and a bit of a jobs for the boys mentality. However, seeing someone like Paul Sculthorpe sat next to Wane on SKY would be more than a tad disappointing to say the least.
    It just wouldn't seem right. Even worse would be if he does go and does a Peacock

Got A Season Ticket

Quote Originally Posted by the priest View Post
    Why? It's nothing to do with discipline, it's the result of years of in breeding. Very proficient on the banjo as well so I'm told.

Duelling??

Quote Originally Posted by St Steve View Post
    Shows the me juvenile purile mentality of Wigan. They should be dealt with behind closed doors and subject to disciplinary action in accordance wth club rules. But I guess being Wigan having to get your hair dyed blonde is written in the code of conduct. Absolutely pathetic.
    Agree 100%, you don't deal with a lack of discipline with a silly forfeit competition. No wonder they are such a horrible bunch of sh1thouse merchants at the moment

Just making a joke of their lack of professionalism sums them up

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by retro74 View Post
    Agree 100%, you don't deal with a lack of discipline with a silly forfeit competition. No wonder they are such a horrible bunch of sh1thouse merchants at the moment

Just making a joke of their lack of professionalism sums them up
    I dont get the fascination with this at all.

They are late for training they pay a fine for letting the club down and they do a forfeit for letting their teammates down. Hardly a hanging offence?

In The North Stand With All The Old Folk The Yellow Giraffe's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by bazdev View Post

They are late for training they pay a fine for letting the club down and they do a forfeit for letting their teammates down. Hardly a hanging offence?

I agree. Hardly a hanging offence. But looking like a bunch of bellends whilst hardly setting the world alight performance-wise is only going to encourage criticism.
    NEVER WRITE OFF THE SAINTS

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by The Yellow Giraffe View Post
    I agree. Hardly a hanging offence. But looking like a bunch of bellends whilst hardly setting the world alight performance-wise is only going to encourage criticism.
    To be fair to Williams along with Bateman I think they have held their form pretty well. Plenty of others aren't in the same boat though

Noooobie

Quote Originally Posted by Furlongs View Post
    I will be honest here Sculthorpe leaving us would be a positive. You can only carry so many legends, the best one Joynt we let go. Cunningham has been backed he has backed goldilocks and Martyn is the bar steward not to mention Wello. Thanks Scully hand over the tea pot.
    Everyone I talk to who is involved in the corporate hospitality side of things , from outside the club, tell me a big part of Saints advantage is having Sculthorpe involve. The guests are really impressed with him and the organisers are too. From this part of the clubs business he would be a loss ,so hardly a hanger on ,more an intelligent us of his legend status by the club.

In The South Stand Tez the Saint's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by ratchet View Post
    Everyone I talk to who is involved in the corporate hospitality side of things , from outside the club, tell me a big part of Saints advantage is having Sculthorpe involve. The guests are really impressed with him and the organisers are too. From this part of the clubs business he would be a loss ,so hardly a hanger on ,more an intelligent us of his legend status by the club.
    Exactly this.

This is the real crux of it all though. I've said all along that constructive criticism is great but a lot of the time it's a case of jumping on the back of a few things that have been said elsewhere and going along with them. Sculthorpe is good at, and is very well suited to the role he's in at the minute and the fact that he's an ex player doesn't alter that perception.

There are a lot of ex players who are still at the club in some capacity - in some cases that maybe an issue, in others though it won't be. Saying things like 'get rid of him, too many ex Saints' etc without actually witnessing what he's like in the role doesn't add up to me. Sculthorpe is good at what he does now, as you say.

Always better to look at and judge the individual with these things.
    Steve Prescott MBE (1973-2013)
    V

Quote Originally Posted by bazdev View Post

Fair enough. It may be very different in a sporting environment but in my management experience you don't manage discipline issues with some "hilarious bants"

Got A Season Ticket

Obviously some posters know little about Scully's role at the club. From personal experience not only is he a legend from his playing days but he is extremely well respected and excellent in his current position at the club. We are very lucky to have him.
    Last edited by Cojam24; 7th September 2016 at 23:03. Reason: Wrong original quote

In The North Stand With All The Old Folk Belgian Saint's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Cojam24 View Post
    Obviously some posters know little about Scully's role at the club. From personal experience not only is he a legend from his playing days but he is extremely well respected and excellent in his current position at the club. We are very lucky to have him.

Many on here complain about the number of ex players at the club. Myself, I would much prefer to see Scully doing what he is doing rather than developing Wigan.

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by ratchet View Post
    Cheers for the insight on that - good to know he does a really good job here, and I hope he stays.