Chapel House Motor Company Limited Advertising Banner
Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast

Thread: Tony Williams

Got A Season Ticket

Default Tony Williams

Been watching Bbulldogs v Cowboys. Hope we are not after Williams - lazy, disappears for minutes on end and just put in a pathetic attempt at try-saving tackle. Obvious physical assets but doubt his commitment.

Starting A Programme Collection

Quote Originally Posted by stroger View Post
    Been watching Bbulldogs v Cowboys. Hope we are not after Williams - lazy, disappears for minutes on end and just put in a pathetic attempt at try-saving tackle. Obvious physical assets but doubt his commitment.
    Sounds familiar

In The North Stand With All The Old Folk fishy3005's Avatar

He was good 5 years ago. He's been pretty poor for a few years now. Has a lot of ability but absolutely no heart and only runs at men half his size.
    A poor mans Tony Puletua (and thats saying something!). Puletua could be brilliant when he applied himself but in some games he took 2 drives then walked off. Im not sure the bench even flagged him off. He just trudged off, eating a Twix he pulled from his sock.

Tony Williams is very similar.
    screaming in the family corner, scaring the kiddies

Quote Originally Posted by fishy3005 View Post
    He was good 5 years ago. He's been pretty poor for a few years now. Has a lot of ability but absolutely no heart and only runs at men half his size.
    A poor mans Tony Puletua (and thats saying something!). Puletua could be brilliant when he applied himself but in some games he took 2 drives then walked off. Im not sure the bench even flagged him off. He just trudged off, eating a Twix he pulled from his sock.

Ha Ha love the twix reference made me titter.

Quote Originally Posted by WidnesExile View Post
    Ha Ha love the twix reference made me titter.
    Its true!!

Quote Originally Posted by Stephen07 View Post
    Nonsense. It was a Curly-Wurly.
    Ha ha

In The North Stand With All The Old Folk The Yellow Giraffe's Avatar

There are definitely similarities with the two in that they can be lazy and they pick and choose their moments. However Williams has a much higher potential and when he wants to be, he is much much better than Puletua was.

Also it's a bit harsh to say he's been poor for a few years, didn't he play for NSW year before last?
    NEVER WRITE OFF THE SAINTS

Quote Originally Posted by The Yellow Giraffe View Post
    There are definitely similarities with the two in that they can be lazy and they pick and choose their moments. However Williams has a much higher potential and when he wants to be, he is much much better than Puletua was. Also it's a bit harsh to say he's been poor for a few years, didn't he play for NSW year before last?
    I think Puletua was better. I remember him playing for Penrith in 2003 and he was an absolute beast. Williams best rugby has been running at little men out wide. He literally doesn't touch the ball mid field or put his hand up to do hard yards.
    Also, playing origin means little. Particularly NSW as they change the team every season in the hope they can beat Queensland. And i don't think he's played for the blues since, so he can't have impressed too much. Chris Flannery played 6 for Queensland a number of times.

You're defending him so im guessing we've signed him, mate

I think Puletua was better. I remember him playing for Penrith in 2003 and he was an absolute beast. Williams best rugby has been running at little men out wide. He literally doesn't touch the ball mid field or put his hand up to do hard yards.
    Also, playing origin means little. Particularly NSW as they change the team every season in the hope they can beat Queensland. And i don't think he's played for the blues since, so he can't have impressed too much. Chris Flannery played 6 for Queensland a number of times.

Haha.

Not sure playing State of Origin means little mate but I get your point about NSW changing their side. I agree on Williams being better out wide too which is exactly where he should be used. He isn't the hard yards type of player. He is a wide running 2nd rower and that's where he should be used. Puletua played prop more often than not so was expected to do the hard yards; same can't be said for Williams I don't think.

In The West Stand

I think your being harsh. Williams can be as good as he wants when he wants to be, it really is as simple as that.

He's in a sulk with Bulldogs at the moment because he found their offer to keep him as insulting ($100k for a year)

Haha. Not sure playing State of Origin means little mate but I get your point about NSW changing their side. I agree on Williams being better out wide too which is exactly where he should be used. He isn't the hard yards type of player. He is a wide running 2nd rower and that's where he should be used. Puletua played prop more often than not so was expected to do the hard yards; same can't be said for Williams I don't think.
    Guess we'll find out mate. If we have signed him i hope he is good for us. I would take no pleasure in him failing. I just have my reservations. When signing NRL players on big money deals the last words we like to hear are ability and potential. Potential is a frightening word. Puletua, Flannery, Perry etc all had potential but IMO came over here and take the p***. If we were signing T Williams from Manly 2011 i'd be quite happy, but we aren't.
    He could very well come over here and rip super league up. If he signs for us i sure hope he does.

Guess we'll find out mate. If we have signed him i hope he is good for us. I would take no pleasure in him failing. I just have my reservations. When signing NRL players on big money deals the last words we like to hear are ability and potential. Potential is a frightening word. Puletua, Flannery, Perry etc all had potential but IMO came over here and take the p***. If we were signing T Williams from Manly 2011 i'd be quite happy, but we aren't.
    He could very well come over here and rip super league up. If he signs for us i sure hope he does.
    I agree 100% mate. If we do sign him then I would also have my concerns for the same reasons you have mentioned. I just disagree slightly on how good he can be and for how long you think he has been naff haha

I agree 100% mate. If we do sign him then I would also have my concerns for the same reasons you have mentioned. I just disagree slightly on how good he can be and for how long you think he has been naff haha
    I can live with that

Quote Originally Posted by magic superbeetle View Post
    I think your being harsh. Williams can be as good as he wants when he wants to be, it really is as simple as that. He's in a sulk with Bulldogs at the moment because he found their offer to keep him as insulting ($100k for a year)
    Bingo!!!

In The South Stand

Bingo!!!
    If we sign him, I hope it's not on a long term put your feet up contract.

Quote Originally Posted by FearTheVee View Post
    If we sign him, I hope it's not on a long term put your feet up contract.
    I hope not too. Sadly it's usually the standard for overseas players. Big money, big contract, optional extra season, get out clause should they be wanted back home. They can't lose.

If he wants to he'll rip this league apart it's that simple, as stated his attitude needs to be right though, I think it's well documented that he's had his problems with the Bulldogs too so probably not giving it 100%

Quote Originally Posted by Stephen07 View Post
    Nonsense.

It was a Curly-Wurly.
    Surely a full packet curly wurly's?
    Can't stop the spirits when they need you.

This life is more than just a read through.

How old is T-Rex?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Seasoned logs for sale £3.50 per net bag or £30 for 10 net bags delivered within Billinge/Wigan area.

In The North Stand With All The Old Folk Blobbynator's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by 29wes28 View Post
    How old is T-Rex?

27 but turns 28 this year.
    Quote Originally Posted by Despondent Dave
    Blobby is a man of style, panache and impeccable taste

In The South Stand reliable sauce's Avatar

Tony Williams isn't a ball trundling workhorse forward, he broke through in the NRL playing on the wing or in the centres and has since moved to second row.

He could be devastating over here and if we have the money, why not? He's at a good age. I'd compare him to Dave Taylor, Taylor was getting a torrid time in the NRL after his fantastic breakthrough years ago, Williams isn't the grub that Taylor is though. I can't see many teams being able to handle him close to the line or out wide, I think we'll use him similar to Greenwood. Certainly a player I'd want on our team rather than the oppositions.
    Last edited by reliable sauce; 25th August 2016 at 19:05.

2 years with the option of a 3rd sounds realistic if you get him. I agree I think he'll be devastating in SL.

Seasoned logs for sale £3.50 per net bag or £30 for 10 net bags delivered within Billinge/Wigan area.

Learning All The Songs The Chief's Avatar

Let's put it like this.

He's better than Frank Paul Nuuasala. That will do for me

Got A Season Ticket

Is there anything to suggest were actively trying to sign him?

Got A Season Ticket

Quote Originally Posted by The Chief View Post
    Let's put it like this.

He's better than Frank Paul Nuuasala. That will do for me
    A potato cake would be better than him