Chapel House Motor Company Limited Advertising Banner

Thread: didn't have to wait long eh

Got A Season Ticket

Default didn't have to wait long eh

watching the Hull v Cats game . dave taylor tackle . Bentham gives a pen no yellow card. Sky not overly upset.

In The North Stand With All The Old Folk The Yellow Giraffe's Avatar

All eyes on the RFL on Monday now.
    NEVER WRITE OFF THE SAINTS

Starting A Programme Collection

Default Taylor tackle

Quote Originally Posted by litherland saint View Post
    watching the Hull v Cats game . dave taylor tackle . Bentham gives a pen no yellow card. Sky not overly upset.
    Let's see what Carney has to say later? Wonder if he will be waving his clip board

Starting A Programme Collection Woodspeckie's Avatar

They did say McManus would be watching that with interest, asked Cummings why it wasn't a yellow card his answer "depends how the referee sees it on the night"

Starting A Programme Collection Woodspeckie's Avatar

Taylor now gone off he has been playing with a broken rib so it won't matter if he gets a ban he won't be playing anyway.

In The North Stand With All The Old Folk Buddy's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Woodspeckie View Post
    They did say McManus would be watching that with interest, asked Cummings why it wasn't a yellow card his answer "depends how the referee sees it on the night"
    How that moron keeps getting away with the contradictory nonsense he spouts is beyond me. He essentially lies to justify stupid refereeing decisions

Sent from my Nexus 5X using Tapatalk

In The South Stand

Unfortunatley none of this will do Saints any good .

Totally agree! He's bloody clueless that Cummings!

Quote Originally Posted by Woodspeckie View Post
    Taylor now gone off he has been playing with a broken rib so it won't matter if he gets a ban he won't be playing anyway.
    True! And Carney asked Clarke on sky if he thought the tackle by Taylor was worse than the Walsh tackle and Clarke said yes he thinks it was ! But Carney didn't make any fuss as he did last week! Annoying

They talk about consistency but an offence by Taylor ,which they agree was worse than the one by Walsh, is discussed in a downbeat manner compared to the clipboard waving histrionics of last week. Some embarrassment on Sky's part methinks. Tomorrow evening could be uncomfortable at the Piedome.

Learning All The Songs

Quote Originally Posted by Ferester123 View Post
    True! And Carney asked Clarke on sky if he thought the tackle by Taylor was worse than the Walsh tackle and Clarke said yes he thinks it was ! But Carney didn't make any fuss as he did last week! Annoying
    Carney has probably realised he was rapidly turning into another Stevo. Disappointing display by the lad last week. I can only go off the comments on here as I have not watched the match on TV. Mind you if i do watch any match the sound goes off.

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by robert80 View Post
    Carney has probably realised he was rapidly turning into another Stevo. Disappointing display by the lad last week. I can only go off the comments on here as I have not watched the match on TV. Mind you if i do watch any match the sound goes off.
    Let's see if someone puts 50p in the dick head for the Wigan game and see what Carney gets upset about this time.

In The North Stand With All The Old Folk Belgian Saint's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Ferester123 View Post
    Don't know what has happened with Clarky the last month but he is now very even handed with his comments. Last night he even mentioned Wigans poor play and lack of attack. I've called him rotten in the past but recently he has been the best.

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by Stephen07 View Post
    I actually thought he was pretty good when he first started doing the job. I just think he got desperate as the cast of ex-Wiganers grew and grew and he would say ridiculous things just to try to get noticed. Then for a spell he became the stats man which was mind numbing as he told us week after week who the best team in Super League at kicking the ball off might be. There's just too many of them for me and most of them are buffoons. I think Barrie Mac would be ok if they got rid of O'Connor and with Stevo going there is maybe an opportunity for them to realise that less is more.

But I'm not hopeful.
    It also seems that many of them are given the mandate from the SKY producers to turn everything into a controversy and hyperbole. It's one of the big issues that I have with SKY's presentation which is trapped in the early 90's and is doing the game no favours. The try music seems totally bizarre and out of date. Who could take that seriously?

Effectively the game is being presented on a par with British Ice Hockey, Speedway and other fringe sports where everything has to be shouted about, overhyped etc to seemingly make it exciting to the viewer.

The hard sell is way too WWE and is undermining the credibility of the game to the casual sports fan who is more used to intelligent, controlled and thoughtful analysis.

Learning All The Songs MancSaint's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by eddiewaringsflatcap View Post
    It also seems that many of them are given the mandate from the SKY producers to turn everything into a controversy and hyperbole. It's one of the big issues that I have with SKY's presentation which is trapped in the early 90's and is doing the game no favours. The try music seems totally bizarre and out of date. Who could take that seriously?

Effectively the game is being presented on a par with British Ice Hockey, Speedway and other fringe sports where everything has to be shouted about, overhyped etc to seemingly make it exciting to the viewer.

The hard sell is way too WWE and is undermining the credibility of the game to the casual sports fan who is more used to intelligent, controlled and thoughtful analysis.
    I've thought the same.

The hard sell simply isn't required, the game will sell itself.

I'm not suggesting that everything Aussie related is wonderful, but look no further than the NRL coverage streamed on Premier- professional, nicely understated, and no "Blue Oyster Bar" style euro disco music to endure if a try is scored.

In The North Stand With All The Old Folk

Quote Originally Posted by MancSaint View Post
    I've thought the same.

The hard sell simply isn't required, the game will sell itself.

I'm not suggesting that everything Aussie related is wonderful, but look no further than the NRL coverage streamed on Premier- professional, nicely understated, and no "Blue Oyster Bar" style euro disco music to endure if a try is scored.
    I honestly cannot believe that they still have that same music after nearly 20 years. And why do they have music anyway? Imagine music playing when watching a replay of a goal in a football match, it would be ridiculous.

In The North Stand With All The Old Folk Buddy's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Gray77 View Post
    I honestly cannot believe that they still have that same music after nearly 20 years. And why do they have music anyway? Imagine music playing when watching a replay of a goal in a football match, it would be ridiculous.
    The commentary hasn't changed in 20 years why should anything else?

Quote Originally Posted by Buddy View Post
    How that moron keeps getting away with the contradictory nonsense he spouts is beyond me. He essentially lies to justify stupid refereeing decisions

Jobs for the boys adds zero value and like you say 99.9% of the time backs the decision.

Got A Replica Shirt

On reviewing Taylors tackle in last nights game, Blarney says;"Luckily,Dean Hadley gets an arm down, It's Dean Hadleys' intervention that prevents serious injury, not Dave Taylors actions. ..???? Translation anyone

Quote Originally Posted by kaygee View Post
    On reviewing Taylors tackle in last nights game, Blarney says;"Luckily,Dean Hadley gets an arm down, It's Dean Hadleys' intervention that prevents serious injury, not Dave Taylors actions. ..???? Translation anyone
    He means that Hadley was saved from landing on his head by managing to stick his arm out, rather than by Taylor pulling out of the tackle.

In The North Stand With All The Old Folk Belgian Saint's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Buddy View Post

Comes up with any interpretation to prove refs never make a mistake.

In The South Stand

Quote Originally Posted by eddiewaringsflatcap View Post

As Sky TV shares the same stable as the U.S. Fox News is it little wonder that the presenters like to court controversy, have a strong tendency to over hype incidents and play to the lowest common denominator rather than a style more in keeping of more in depth understanding and considered analysis.
    The best thing going forward for RL in this country is a parting of the ways with Sky and a better financial package with BT Sport along with a new marketing strategy, not trite presentation that hasn't changed much since the pre SL era.

Learning All The Songs

Quote Originally Posted by parrsaint View Post
    As Sky TV shares the same stable as the U.S. Fox News is it little wonder that the presenters like to court controversy, have a strong tendency to over hype incidents and play to the lowest common denominator rather than a style more in keeping of more in depth understanding and considered analysis.
    The best thing going forward for RL in this country is a parting of the ways with Sky and a better financial package with BT Sport along with a new marketing strategy, not trite presentation that hasn't changed much since the pre SL era.
    With football now played on a Friday night, I wonder how long it will be before we have a Sunday night game or worst still a Tuesday night game to accommodate football.