Chapel House Motor Company Limited Advertising Banner
Page 5 of 19 FirstFirst 12345678915 ... LastLast

Thread: Disciplinary

It should be a ban,but the disciplinary shouldn't have ex players of a club who will benefit from a ban.

Sent from my P023 using Tapatalk

After last night's sickener at Cas, I wouldn't normally bother watching your game but I decided to check in after reading this thread so here is my four pennor'th

The Walsh tackle didn't look good but I don't believe for a second that he went into it with an intention of the end result, indeed he retracted immediately when he knew it had gone wrong. Had it been Rangi Chase I would have been advocating a lifetime ban and deportation but in Luke's case the yellow was more than enough.

Brian Carney is just a posturing Irish p***k who once got ratarsed and danced naked on the pool table in Keith Holden's pub(a matter of record!) and if any of you guys think he favours Wigan you couldn't be more wrong. He despises us with a passion!

Quote Originally Posted by BoldMiners View Post
    After last night's sickener at Cas, I wouldn't normally bother watching your game but I decided to check in after reading this thread so here is my four pennor'th

The Walsh tackle didn't look good but I don't believe for a second that he went into it with an intention of the end result, indeed he retracted immediately when he knew it had gone wrong. Had it been Rangi Chase I would have been advocating a lifetime ban and deportation but in Luke's case the yellow was more than enough.

Brian Carney is just a posturing Irish p***k who once got ratarsed and danced naked on the pool table in Keith Holden's pub(a matter of record!) and if any of you guys think he favours Wigan you couldn't be more wrong. He despises us with a passion!
    Funny you should say that,some Pies I work with are the same,saying he hates Wigan.

Definitely agree that it didn't look good but he pulled out straight away. The danger is when a player drives the other into the ground. You can brace yourself a little better if its just your own body weight

I wouldn't be too annoyed if he got a 1 game ban (despite it being 100% the wrong decision) as at least he'll be available for the rest of the Super 8s. If he plays at Wigan he might not be!

I think Carney is an excellent pundit but his comments last night were strange.

I get that he thinks it was a bad tackle, but to suggest that our fans want to see players hurt is outrageous.

He made it out as though our fans reaction was abnormal. Any set of fans would have booed in such circumstances. Any fans boo when their player is yellow or red carded, regardless of the severity of the offence (unless it's a incident of Ben Flower severity).

It's wrong and irrational to think that booing a decision of your player being sin binned equals wanting or indirectly accepting serious injury caused by foul play.

Sent from my GT-I9195 using Tapatalk

Learning All The Songs bewareshadows's Avatar

I've watched it again and take out the commentary and it's not that bad.

It's no where near a spear tackle. He lets go once the legs go up. It's a one on one tackle no malice and nothing too bad.

Thompson is nothing. I'd barely call it a shoulder charge as he has an arm around the man. Head clash and bend in the tackle makes it look worse than it is.

Nothing to see really , no bans.

Learning All The Songs

Brian Carney ... danced naked on the pool table in Keith Holden's pub...!
    Just when I was beginning to hate him he now goes back up in my estimation.

Got A Season Ticket Duke Eddington's Avatar

Dave Taylor could have more to worry about. Lomax was fuming and seemed adamant his eye had been gouged.

Banned

I was actually at the game on a freebie from work and I thought it was a good tackle. He picked him up and dropped him on his back. I genuinely dont believe he warranted a yellow card, never mind a ban. People (Me definitely included) questioned his heart a couple of months ago. Since then he has defended like his life depended on it. Fair play to him. If he gets a ban the RFL have gone mad

In The North Stand With All The Old Folk Scouse Don's Avatar
    Blatherings on That Saints podcast.Back home in St.Helens and in the South stand for service

I think it looked worse than it was and the ref dealt with it on the pitch.

How strange we are now worrying about an aggressive tackle by Luke !!
    Learned comment from The Don

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by Duke Eddington View Post
    Dave Taylor could have more to worry about. Lomax was fuming and seemed adamant his eye had been gouged.
    He certainly will have more to worry about http://www.loverugbyleague.com/news_...ossession.html

In The North Stand With All The Old Folk fishy3005's Avatar

We are playing confidently lately, with a real hunger to compete, and thats great to see. That confidence can overspill into some silly defence at times. We just need to be a bit careful. Their were a couple of instances in the game where we got a bit excited when defending.
    screaming in the family corner, scaring the kiddies

Got A Replica Shirt

[QUOTE=ronnie1991;663110]He certainly will have more to worry about [url]http://www.loverugbyleague.com/news_23145

Yeh saw that yesterday. But in true Catalans fashion they have given him their full backing until he returns ro Oz in November for sentencing.
    Physosophy seems to be that as the possession happened before he joined the Dragons then all is well.

What did Hock get for a similar offence????

Quote Originally Posted by bewareshadows View Post
    Something not to be sniffed at?

Banned

Spot on, a total and utter arrogant prat, you are right he does hate Wigan; it shows in his commentary he can't keep his contempt out of his punditry.

Learning All The Songs

Quote Originally Posted by retro74 View Post
    Definitely agree that it didn't look good but he pulled out straight away. The danger is when a player drives the other into the ground. You can brace yourself a little better if its just your own body weight

I wouldn't be too annoyed if he got a 1 game ban (despite it being 100% the wrong decision) as at least he'll be available for the rest of the Super 8s. If he plays at Wigan he might not be!
    I have absolutely no idea what you are on about, surely a fine upstanding and an icon of sportmansship that the Wigan club are , they surely won't go out and deliberately cause a lasting injury to a key player of their rivals?

Or did I miss something

Noooobie

Lol !!

Starting A Programme Collection Harri81's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Scouse Don View Post
    I think it looked worse than it was and the ref dealt with it on the pitch.

How strange we are now worrying about an aggressive tackle by Luke !!
    I agree, it looked worse in slow motion than in actually speed. It wasn't malicious, and that can clearly be seen from how the tackle was done and pulling out when it went wrong, hopefully those at the RFL will see this. However Thompsons did look a lot worse and left the player in a bad way.

If Walsh gets a ban then Dave Taylor shouldn't play for the rest of the year and maybe into next season, he clearly Gouged Lomax and for a player like JL to get up and continually have a go a the ref and have to be told to calm down by his own team then something illegal must have happened, plus the marking around his left eye is an indication.

Hopefully the RFL will have sense, however as we are playing the pies this week I can see lengthy bans for all those in the Red vee and mr Taylor be let off.
    Saints until i Die!!!!

In The North Stand With All The Old Folk paulscnthorpe's Avatar

Strange one really because hock got caught because of a drugs test. Taylor has been caught by the Police in possession of drugs, so from a rugby POV there's nothing been breached other than bringing the game into disrepute maybe?

Clearly he wasn't in possession of it planning to use it to help his plants grow

I don't know what the judicial system is in Australia, but I presume it'll be a fine or community service. A conviction may have an impact on his visa, however they've been allowed to play in France with worse offences

Quote Originally Posted by paulscnthorpe View Post
    Strange one really because hock got caught because of a drugs test. Taylor has been caught by the Police in possession of drugs, so from a rugby POV there's nothing been breached other than bringing the game into disrepute maybe?

Clearly he wasn't in possession of it planning to use it to help his plants grow

I don't know what the judicial system is in Australia, but I presume it'll be a fine or community service. A conviction may have an impact on his visa, however they've been allowed to play in France with worse offences
    Exactly,

If he pleads guilty under possession for personal usage, then surely that has to be the same has Hock.
    If he pleads possession to distribute then he will be in the slammer.

Learning All The Songs

Surely the sin-binning should mean they have already been punished for the offence?

In The North Stand With All The Old Folk fishy3005's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Oberon Sexton View Post
    Surely the sin-binning should mean they have already been punished for the offence?
    You would think so. I think the yellow was more than adequate punishment.
    screaming in the family corner, scaring the kiddies

WARNING! PIE EATER!

Hock was banned for two years for having cocaine in his bloodstream A current superleague player got a slap on the wrist and a small fine for possession a few years back.

Starting A Programme Collection NSL's Avatar

The fact that the referee dealt with the situation there and then has got to count in Walsh's favour in any disciplinary hearing. The ref has had the benefit of seeing it real time and via the replay when making his decision and if it goes any further than that then I would expect the ref to be called before this new referee standards panel. That said it didn't look good to me and there are obvious dangers once you let go of a player having picked him up. The fact that nothing serious occurred is no reason to him to avoid punishment and we need to deter all tackles of this nature.

Absolutely anything can happen given the past consistency of the RFL disciplinary committee. Nothing will surprise me in the cases of both Walsh and Thompson.