Chapel House Motor Company Limited Advertising Banner

Thread: Matty Fleming?

Got A Season Ticket

Default Matty Fleming?

What was that strange jinking he was doing the other night? Looked like he was trying to make the defence think? Aiming for gaps?? Does KC allow that kind of thing???

Was that a one off or could this lad save the club some money?

In The South Stand reliable sauce's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Vince St Clair View Post
    What was that strange jinking he was doing the other night? Looked like he was trying to make the defence think? Aiming for gaps?? Does KC allow that kind of thing???

Was that a one off or could this lad save the club some money?
    He did well and held his composure.
    Let's not get too excited it was one performance and the whole team played well including Owens. Something to build on though definitely.

In The North Stand With All The Old Folk Belgian Saint's Avatar

First time I saw him I thought he looked a bit slow and was obviously and understanderbly lacking in confidence.
    But, thought I saw a completely different player the other night. Not sure he can make the position his own, but think I would sooner see him there right now than our other current options.

Got A Season Ticket

Talking

Quote Originally Posted by Belgian Saint View Post
    First time I saw him I thought he looked a bit slow and was obviously and understanderbly lacking in confidence.
    But, thought I saw a completely different player the other night. Not sure he can make the position his own, but think I would sooner see him there right now than our other current options.
    if peeps are praising Matty on here then, does it means the player will soon be offloaded to Leigh?

In The South Stand

The reason he has been kept in the team is because he has played well since he came in.

Learning All The Songs roy litherland's Avatar

Took his chance , played well , cant knock the lad , well done .
    Quote Originally Posted by Saint Ged View Post
    The reason he has been kept in the team is because he has played well since he came in.
    roy litherland it's happened i told you it would

Learning All The Songs

Can't knock the lad. To be honest tackling wise he has give some solid performances. In attack he seems not to flap and in most cases takes the right option. Confidence is building. i have seen worse centres in a Saints shirt.

I liked the look of him the other day, he ran with confidence and purpose

The one handed pass he did to Walsh for the Roby try was a great bit of play

Hopefully he can retain his place and we can find out if he's a keeper or not

In The North Stand With All The Old Folk Blobbynator's Avatar

He reminds me of Tom Armstrong a little bit.

He'll never be a world beater but he's a decent player, his defence is improving and his confidence is improving aswell. He's certainly better value than Peyroux.
    Quote Originally Posted by Despondent Dave
    Blobby is a man of style, panache and impeccable taste

In The South Stand Tez the Saint's Avatar

He's done well and has only played a few games after coming back from a fairly long term injury. Defensively he has stood up really well and had a cracker of a game last Friday. He held his nerve and we all know how Wigan like to test both flanks with their constant shift plays. He did a great job though and held his position all game.

In attack he's improving as well and that's all you can ask. He played a part in Roby's try and looks to be growing in confidence which is great. Hopefully he can keep it up and keeping building his confidence and form week on week.
    Steve Prescott MBE (1973-2013)
    V

In The South Stand KentishBarry's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Belgian Saint View Post
    I do believe that the club are following a policy of 'nurture' with our younger players, bringing them on gradually, rather than playing them every week and risking 'burn out'.
    IMO this is the correct approach, although the down side is having to put up with 'filler' players for the time being!