Chapel House Motor Company Limited Advertising Banner
Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast

Thread: Savelio

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by Belgian Saint View Post
    I thought he was very even handed, couldn't believe it.
    He's always complimentary when they play well. The majority on here who cry when he criticises them, are the same ones who criticise them themselves.

writing off a young players so soon is a mistake for me. I have no idea if he does or doesn't have a good attitude or if he likes/dislikes Cunningham or any of the other staff. I do however think there are always 2 sides to a story. His poor performances could have been down to lots of factors some in his control and others not. What I can say though is that he looks like a genuine talent and we have so few in the SL in general that we would be foolish to act hastily. I recall something about him wanting an NRL move but he's hardly alone in that respect, that said the best way for him to earn that move would be to play out of his skin for saints and win some pots then they'll be queuing up for him like they are with James Graham

Noooobie

Who would Savelio have played instead of in the team that beat Wigan? Hard to see who he would've beeb better than. Vea maybe? Seems to me to have a touch of the Balotelli about him. Lots of skill but not shown often enough. Hope he dies come back from Cas a better player with the right skills and approach to the club.

Quote Originally Posted by Lowsaint View Post
    Who would Savelio have played instead of in the team that beat Wigan? Hard to see who he would've beeb better than. Vea maybe? Seems to me to have a touch of the Balotelli about him. Lots of skill but not shown often enough. Hope he dies come back from Cas a better player with the right skills and approach to the club.
    Well the argument has always been that he is better than Richards - on last year's form I would agree.

In The West Stand

Quote Originally Posted by saintgeorge View Post
    Well the argument has always been that he is better than Richards - on last year's form I would agree.
    But it's a bit late in the season to be talking about last years form?

Agree

In The South Stand Nickles Forearm's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Lowsaint View Post
    Richards for sure & possibly Vea.

In The South Stand warringtonsaint's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by SS View Post
    Don't think we should get too attached to Savelio. Regardless of his undoubted ability, you get the impression that this ain't going to end amicably. It is very clear that he wants the NRL anyhow and so wouldn't be here longer than a year or two as a first teamer and on top of that, he's quite genuinely becoming a bit of a circus. Twice in the space of what, 12/18 months, there's been internet spats surrounding him and people close to him and supporters. It's the kind of thing a professional sporting club runs a mile from.

I wouldn't bring him back now I don't think, regardless of how well he goes. Lots of potential but he appears to have little intention of being in SL too long and is becoming more hassle than it's worth.
    Sadly, I think you're bang on. Loads of potential but poor consistent application with us.
    "The great fallacy is that the game is first and last about winning. It is nothing of the kind. The game is about glory, it is about doing things in style and with a flourish, about going out and beating the other lot, not waiting for them to die of boredom." Danny Blanchflower.
    Might have been written by a footballer about football - but never a truer word............

In The South Stand warringtonsaint's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Nickles Forearm View Post
    Richards for sure & possibly Vea.
    I thought Richards had one of his best games for us and I'm no fan of his.
    "The great fallacy is that the game is first and last about winning. It is nothing of the kind. The game is about glory, it is about doing things in style and with a flourish, about going out and beating the other lot, not waiting for them to die of boredom." Danny Blanchflower.
    Might have been written by a footballer about football - but never a truer word............

In The South Stand Nickles Forearm's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by warringtonsaint View Post
    I thought Richards had one of his best games for us and I'm no fan of his.
    But sadly that's still not up to standard. You want to see your prop forwards crashing onto the ball as shown by the likes of Thompson. Make big metres and scatter the markers. Richards hits contact & goes to ground Union style. If I'm an opposing player or coach Richards concerns me very little. No off load, going to ground anyway so surrendering in tackle (let's all pile on for 10 seconds & slow the PTB right down).

Vea seems to have lost his way big time

Got A Season Ticket

Quote Originally Posted by Nickles Forearm View Post
    But sadly that's still not up to standard. You want to see your prop forwards crashing onto the ball as shown by the likes of Thompson. Make big metres and scatter the markers. Richards hits contact & goes to ground Union style. If I'm an opposing player or coach Richards concerns me very little. No off load, going to ground anyway so surrendering in tackle (let's all pile on for 10 seconds & slow the PTB right down).

Vea seems to have lost his way big time

On Savelio in particular let's see how he goes at Cas in their last 7 games. Whatever happens I'm sure Saints will get it right - when you think about how many players have we released / left in the last 15 years and we have lived to regret it / got it wrong ? Can't think of any other than Jammer who deserved to give it a go in the NRL

Learning All The Songs yogi bear's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Lion Saint View Post
    On Savelio in particular let's see how he goes at Cas in their last 7 games. Whatever happens I'm sure Saints will get it right - when you think about how many players have we released / left in the last 15 years and we have lived to regret it / got it wrong ? Can't think of any other than Jammer who deserved to give it a go in the NRL
    Jamie Ellis is one I think we should've stuck with - whilst not an absolute world beater he's done a good job at Hudds and would be a better 6 than what Burns offered (and obviously Wilkin/Turner combo) probably for far less money. With the amount of times our HB situation is in disarray he would've provided good cover and could fill in at 9.

In The North Stand With All The Old Folk fishy3005's Avatar

I think Gaskell offered more than both Hohaia and Burns and i was sorry to see him go but can understand the clubs decision at the time. I also think we could have kept hold of Gilmour for a few more seasons.
    I also liked Paul Clough but he never really kicked on from the early promise he showed. Even so though, at the time i thought he offered more than LMS or Laffranchi.

Other than those their aren't any players off the top of my head that i was sorry to lose.
    screaming in the family corner, scaring the kiddies

In The North Stand With All The Old Folk Buddy's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by yogi bear View Post
    Jamie Ellis is one I think we should've stuck with - whilst not an absolute world beater he's done a good job at Hudds and would be a better 6 than what Burns offered (and obviously Wilkin/Turner combo) probably for far less money. With the amount of times our HB situation is in disarray he would've provided good cover and could fill in at 9.
    He's not wrong though, Savelio could end up like a long list of players who've left for better things.

How's Jake Emmett the last forward to leave us for Cas getting on?

Learning All The Songs

Quote Originally Posted by Buddy View Post
    He's not wrong though, Savelio could end up like a long list of players who've left for better things.

How's Jake Emmett the last forward to leave us for Cas getting on?
    Emmett was at Leigh but asked for a release to go to Australia, but then signed for Swinton. Rumoured to be joining Toronto.

In The North Stand With All The Old Folk Buddy's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Loose Forward Bloke View Post
    Emmett was at Leigh but asked for a release to go to Australia, but then signed for Swinton. Rumoured to be joining Toronto.
    It was a rhetorical question mate, I wasn't actually asking about him but rather making a point

In The West Stand

Quote Originally Posted by Buddy View Post
    It was a rhetorical question mate, I wasn't actually asking about him but rather making a point
    Its worth mentioning that regardless, the wheel keeps turning: http://seriousaboutrl.com/super-leag...-pro-contract?

WARNING! PIE EATER!

Quote Originally Posted by magic superbeetle View Post
    Its worth mentioning that regardless, the wheel keeps turning: http://seriousaboutrl.com/super-leag...-pro-contract?
    Saints have also signed Lewis Dodd from Halton Hornets, an excellent halback.

Got A Season Ticket

Quote Originally Posted by fishy3005 View Post
    I think Gaskell offered more than both Hohaia and Burns and i was sorry to see him go but can understand the clubs decision at the time. I also think we could have kept hold of Gilmour for a few more seasons.
    I also liked Paul Clough but he never really kicked on from the early promise he showed. Even so though, at the time i thought he offered more than LMS or Laffranchi.

Other than those their aren't any players off the top of my head that i was sorry to lose.

Yes - I am going back to Lee Briers for any kind of debate, and remember what we got in return there!!

Saints I am sure will make the right call - Andre gets his game etc back on track in the next couple of months he should be a Saints player for a good few years to come.

Quote Originally Posted by bazdev View Post
    He's always complimentary when they play well. The majority on here who cry when he criticises them, are the same ones who criticise them themselves.
    I used to rate Phil, he used to take an unbiased stance and would offer praise where it was due. Not sure what changed with him, whether that swingometer stunt went to his head but his presentational style has certainly changed.

In The North Stand With All The Old Folk fishy3005's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by WA10 View Post
    I used to rate Phil, he used to take an unbiased stance and would offer praise where it was due. Not sure what changed with him, whether that swingometer stunt went to his head but his presentational style has certainly changed.
    He was alright in the early to late 00's when Wigan weren't challenging for trophies. Since 2010 he's been a pratt.
    screaming in the family corner, scaring the kiddies

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by WA10 View Post
    He started making outrageous predictions, Salford would win the Grand Final being the most ridiculous.

Sky will be having a clear out this year,with the amount of money they have spent on football,all departments have had their numbers reduced.

Ian Botham, David Gower (Cricket) are both believed to be going, Jim Watt (Boxing). Stevo is retiring, Eddie Hemmings and Brian Carney hate each other, I can definitely see one of them going.

Learning All The Songs

Quote Originally Posted by Saint Margaret View Post
    He started making outrageous predictions, Salford would win the Grand Final being the most ridiculous.

Sky will be having a clear out this year,with the amount of money they have spent on football,all departments have had their numbers reduced.

Ian Botham, David Gower (Cricket) are both believed to be going, Jim Watt (Boxing). Stevo is retiring, Eddie Hemmings and Brian Carney hate each other, I can definitely see one of them going.
    Where do you get this info from?

Got A Season Ticket

Richards gets so much stick on here for numerous reasons like not knocking opposing forwards over like skittles but the fact is, every side needs a player like Richards, someone who knuckles down, works very hard, carries the ball and doesn't drop off tackles. I remember Mike Bennett getting similar stick.

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by teddlyf View Post
    Where do you get this info from?
    http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/art...-coverage.html

http://www.skysports.com/boxing/news...ts-commentator

The other one i just know,