Chapel House Motor Company Limited Advertising Banner

Thread: Saints at challenge cup final?

Got A Replica Shirt

Default Saints at challenge cup final?

Hi all, a friend of mine many years went to a challenge cup final and said it was an amazing day out as it wasn't just the fans of the 2 finalists that went. There were fans of all clubs wearing there shirts, So I was asking is that true and does it still happen? Would I be welcomed by other fans, wearing a saints shirt or just leave well alone??
    Or if any saints fans r going maybe meet for a beer, if I do go?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

In The North Stand With All The Old Folk fishy3005's Avatar

Yeh go mate. Fans from all clubs go to the cup final. Its a great day out
    screaming in the family corner, scaring the kiddies

Got A Replica Shirt

Default Saints at challenge cup final?

Quote Originally Posted by fishy3005 View Post
    Yeh go mate. Fans from all clubs go to the cup final. Its a great day out
    Cheers bud,

In The North Stand With All The Old Folk The Yellow Giraffe's Avatar

There's always fans from all clubs wearing their own shirts. If you're worried about standing out in your Saints shirt you might be better sitting down along the touchline as opposed to behind the sticks were the clubs who are playing have their ticket allocations and where the more vociferous fans are usually found
    NEVER WRITE OFF THE SAINTS

Got A Replica Shirt

Quote Originally Posted by The Yellow Giraffe View Post
    There's always fans from all clubs wearing their own shirts. If you're worried about standing out in your Saints shirt you might be better sitting down along the touchline as opposed to behind the sticks were the clubs who are playing have their ticket allocations and where the more vociferous fans are usually found
    Cheers mate, not like football then!!

In The North Stand With All The Old Folk DD's Avatar
    Newton-le-Willows; East Side of the Fence.

A disturbing sign of just how long it is since we were in the Challenge Cup Final.

The odds on City going to Wembley 8 times before Saints did again, on that Bank Holiday Saturday in 2008 must have been about a million to one! :-)

It's a sign of your age I suppose that times move so quickly, but it is 8 years and there are teenagers about now who won't ever remember Saints being in a Challenge Cup Final.
    THIS YEAR LENDING SUPPORT TO:- St. Helens RLFC, Manchester City, Celtic, Alemannia Aachen, Steps 1 to 6 Non-League Football

Learning All The Songs

I've never seen Saints at Wembley. Went to Twickenham, Murrayfield, Millenium Stadium but somehow never Wembley. Doesn't sit right (seen England RL at Wembley in front of 40k but that was rubbish)

I love Cardiff. The 2004 final was epic. Great day, great weather, great location with the stadium a stones throw from the centre of town. Brilliant

Learning All The Songs

I love Cardiff. The 2004 final was epic. Great day, great weather, great location with the stadium a stones throw from the centre of town. Brilliant
    Aye was class. I have two overriding memories. I was 14 and I saw Farrell after the game and was a right little sh*t. Ran straight over and rubbed it in his face. And then the other was Johnny Vegas crowd surfing to the VIP area in the fan tent

Got A Replica Shirt

That was ideal then. Shame Wembley is a bit out the way, but London is a great night out.

Quote Originally Posted by teddlyf View Post
    Aye was class. I have two overriding memories. I was 14 and I saw Farrell after the game and was a right little sh*t. Ran straight over and rubbed it in his face. And then the other was Johnny Vegas crowd surfing to the VIP area in the fan tent
    Haha. I was 23 then
    I saw Vegas coming out of Murrayfield after the 2002 defeat. We all jumped on him. He shouted 'them Wiganers would never be this magnanimous in defeat!!!'

In The South Stand KentishBarry's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by smeethsaint View Post
    Hi all, a friend of mine many years went to a challenge cup final and said it was an amazing day out as it wasn't just the fans of the 2 finalists that went. There were fans of all clubs wearing there shirts, So I was asking is that true and does it still happen? Would I be welcomed by other fans, wearing a saints shirt or just leave well alone??
    Or if any saints fans r going maybe meet for a beer, if I do go?

I go to the final in my Saints shirt every year with a mixed bunch, including a couple of wigan lads.
    Wear your colours with pride. You wont have any problems. It's a great day out!

Got A Replica Shirt

Quote Originally Posted by KentishBarry View Post
    I go to the final in my Saints shirt every year with a mixed bunch, including a couple of wigan lads.
    Nice one mate, really does sound like a great day out will b looking into it, for definite,

Banned

Go you will really enjoy it sometimes better if it's not your team you aren't eaten up by nerves then

Sent from my ALE-L21 using Tapatalk

Once upon a time used to go every year. Did attend last seasons final and it was awful. First time I have ever left a final before the whistle and that included 27-0 !

Ticket prices have jumped in recent seasons too. I bought discounted ones last year via Skolars.

I wont be returning until we make the final I suspect.

Got A Season Ticket

dont one of the london side have a game on the friday before sure they do makes it to be good weekend with it being a bank holiday also been last 2 yrs ended up with whinos fans just checked london skolars play toulouse on the fri before with 630pm kick off as div said not to sure if you can get discounted tickets if you go that game aswell as final sure they do something like that corect me if i wrong

In The North Stand With All The Old Folk DD's Avatar
    Newton-le-Willows; East Side of the Fence.

Quote Originally Posted by Div View Post
    Once upon a time used to go every year. Did attend last seasons final and it was awful. First time I have ever left a final before the whistle and that included 27-0 !

Ticket prices have jumped in recent seasons too. I bought discounted ones last year via Skolars.

I wont be returning until we make the final I suspect.
    The problem with the Final now is that the ground has 30,000 empty seats in it, there's no atmosphere and no sense of occasion. Since the Cup Final returned to the new Wembley it's lost all sense of magic.

It works for football because Club Wembley is usual full (apart from ten minutes after half time) but the RFL Final is lost in there.

Once the current deal expires, it really is time for the RFL to look elsewhere. The timing of the game may have to change but Cardiff, Arsenal or the new ground at Tottenham would all make for much better venues; although maybe less so Tottenham because of the poor transport links.
    THIS YEAR LENDING SUPPORT TO:- St. Helens RLFC, Manchester City, Celtic, Alemannia Aachen, Steps 1 to 6 Non-League Football

In The South Stand KentishBarry's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by davo1 View Post
    dont one of the london side have a game on the friday before sure they do makes it to be good weekend with it being a bank holiday also been last 2 yrs ended up with whinos fans just checked london skolars play toulouse on the fri before with 630pm kick off as div said not to sure if you can get discounted tickets if you go that game aswell as final sure they do something like that corect me if i wrong
    Friday night lights.
    I'm intending to be there too...with my Saints shirt!
    http://www.skolarsrl.com/events/frid...h-august-2015/

They were also selling CC tickets, and discounted tickets for the 4N games. You don't need to attend the Friday game to buy these. Not sure if they're still available though.

Got A Replica Shirt

Quote Originally Posted by KentishBarry View Post
    Cheers mate, will seriously look into it, where about a in Kent are u from, and do u still live down here?

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by DD View Post
    The problem with the Final now is that the ground has 30,000 empty seats in it, there's no atmosphere and no sense of occasion. Since the Cup Final returned to the new Wembley it's lost all sense of magic.

It works for football because Club Wembley is usual full (apart from ten minutes after half time) but the RFL Final is lost in there.

Once the current deal expires, it really is time for the RFL to look elsewhere. The timing of the game may have to change but Cardiff, Arsenal or the new ground at Tottenham would all make for much better venues; although maybe less so Tottenham because of the poor transport links.
    Given the Club Wembley wallahs have shown they just couldn't give a crap abour RL, perhaps time to make their seats available for the general public?

In The North Stand With All The Old Folk

Quote Originally Posted by Webbo Again View Post
    Given the Club Wembley wallahs have shown they just couldn't give a crap abour RL, perhaps time to make their seats available for the general public?
    Seems like the simplest thing to do. I don't think it would be entirely legal to take the seats from those who have technically paid for them, but all future Club Wembley ST deals should not include the Challenge Cup Final. I would imagine lots of fans would snap them up for a one off treat in the best seats in the house.

I can't believe how low down in the scheme of things our game must be down here that hardly any of the CW members bother coming to a showpiece RL Final on a Saturday afternoon in August. It shows the huge issue we have attracting attention in London and the South East.

Got A Replica Shirt

Quote Originally Posted by Gray77 View Post
    Seems like the simplest thing to do. I don't think it would be entirely legal to take the seats from those who have technically paid for them, but all future Club Wembley ST deals should not include the Challenge Cup Final. I would imagine lots of fans would snap them up for a one off treat in the best seats in the house.

I can't believe how low down in the scheme of things our game must be down here that hardly any of the CW members bother coming to a showpiece RL Final on a Saturday afternoon in August. It shows the huge issue we have attracting attention in London and the South East.
    You hit the nail on the head there with the issue of London and south east, football is the biggest sport down here, I used to work in Royal Mail office where there were 180 people and can only recall 1 bloke that took any notice of rugby league and his nephew was Leeds Allan Tait. No one talks about it down here. I only just started watching because football is so boring now and has become ridiculous with money and arrogant players and I'm so disillusioned with it. Rugby union is the other favourite sport down here. I find that boring tho.!! But the only club down here as u know is London Broncos in league format and that hasn't really taken off. I don't even know if there are any youth or adult clubs around Kent!