Chapel House Motor Company Limited Advertising Banner
Page 12 of 12 FirstFirst ... 289101112

Thread: Luke Walsh?

Wakefield? Rhubarb, rhubarb.

Quote Originally Posted by Buddy View Post
    That's true at least they're developing players now, but the playing field is actually biased towards them now which isn't right. Do you recall in 2006 Saints as champions being threatened with expulsion from the league if we didn't get our stadium sorted? A decade on where are Wakefield?

Sent from my Nexus 5X using Tapatalk
    They are still in yarkshire the RFLs favourite county

I was always taught to respect my elders,
    but it keeps getting harder to find one!

I am a nobody, and nobody is perfect;
    therefore I am perfect

Learning All The Songs

I don't agree, when Super league was at its peak did it need a strong Wakefield? By attempting to even the playing field all we have done is lower the standard of the sport dramatically.

There are teams in football that survive on developing and selling players to wealthier clubs why should league be different? The franchise system was sold as some sort of communist utopia but I'm afraid all we got was animal farm
    So you'd have three or four clubs dominating each season or , at the extreme , one?

In The North Stand With All The Old Folk Buddy's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Houghwood Saint View Post
    So you'd have three or four clubs dominating each season or , at the extreme , one?
    How many are competing now realistically? Has the game in the UK got better or worse in the last few years?
    The battle for the top 8 in the NRL is incredible, in super league (with the odd exception) it is a formality.

How many are competing now realistically? Has the game in the UK got better or worse in the last few years?
    The battle for the top 8 in the NRL is incredible, in super league (with the odd exception) it is a formality.
    Presumably Leeds and Huddersfield being your odd exception this year?

Banned

Thats because the top sides in the NRL can spend a lot of money, over here the top clubs are held back by the rubbish at the bottom and the league openly want this to continue.

I have said it for a while now, but a 10 team elitest league is my choice. I would discuss with the clubs what they can afford to spend and come up with a salary cap thats achievable and affordable.

The likes of Johnstone and Kirmond at Wakefield wouldnt be lost to SL they would be snapped up by one of the 10 clubs and play with a better group of players. The players that would go by the wayside would be the likes of Sarginson, Owens etc who in all honesty will end up in the Championship within a couple of years anyway.

The 10 sides would be filled with quality and give a much better spectacle IMO

In The South Stand

Quote Originally Posted by bazdev View Post

Thats because the top sides in the NRL can spend a lot of money, over here the top clubs are held back by the rubbish at the bottom and the league openly want this to continue.

I have said it for a while now, but a 10 team elitest league is my choice. I would discuss with the clubs what they can afford to spend and come up with a salary cap thats achievable and affordable.

The likes of Johnstone and Kirmond at Wakefield wouldnt be lost to SL they would be snapped up by one of the 10 clubs and play with a better group of players. The players that would go by the wayside would be the likes of Sarginson, Owens etc who in all honesty will end up in the Championship within a couple of years anyway.

The 10 sides would be filled with quality and give a much better spectacle IMO
    Do we have less teams than ten years ago? Is the quality better?

Creating a smaller pool of elite teams does not necessarily increase quality, just look at the Scottish Premier league as an example of that taken to its extreme.

Is it me or is there STILL no official news about Walsh???
    Can't stop the spirits when they need you.

This life is more than just a read through.

In The North Stand With All The Old Folk Buddy's Avatar

In The North Stand With All The Old Folk The Wee Waa Womble's Avatar

States very explicitly that he'd just be a back up to Thurston and Morgan. I do hope that if he does go he goes somewhere where he'd be playing regularly.
    Forwards win games. The backs decide by how much.