Chapel House Motor Company Limited Advertising Banner
Page 1 of 12 1234511 ... LastLast

Thread: Luke Walsh?

Default Luke Walsh?

Anybody know where we're up to with Walsh?

He's injured and rumors flying that he's going at the end of the season?

I for one hope he stays, as his kicking game is as good as Sandow when he's on form, and there's realistically no-one to replace (in terms of a BETTER Player, not just a replacement) him is there?? His conversion rate is excellent as well.

He's a known quantity, and IMHO he's done well to come back at a decent level after that ankle injury.
    Can't stop the spirits when they need you.

This life is more than just a read through.

In The South Stand reliable sauce's Avatar

Yes he's injured. I presume they're making sure he's right before returning with the play offs coming up.

I too would like him to stay, for me he's better than these 'targets' Smith and Brown but I believe he's off home at the end of the season.

Learning All The Songs

But you have to ask whether Walsh is good value ?
    He's probably the 2nd highest earner at the club behind Roby so takes up a huge amount of our SC, but in the 2 1/2 years he's been here he's managed just 54 appearances

Banned

The club are waiting for us to win 4 games in a row with Walsh playing before they announce a contract extension.

Learning All The Songs The Chief's Avatar

No way he is staying, on £300k a season and saints no longer have the benefit of Penrith paying a percentage

In The West Stand

Quote Originally Posted by The Chief View Post
    No way he is staying, on £300k a season and saints no longer have the benefit of Penrith paying a percentage
    That would make him one of the top 30* earning RL players in the world on current conversion rates (let alone 3 years ago). I know thats the number thats rumoured, but I cant see Penrith being in a position to offer him that, let alone Saints

*source: http://www.zerotackle.com/rugby-leag...ycD96eohFOT.97

In The South Stand

I believe he was on this for the first 2 years of his deal, but not the 3rd.

Banned

A part of me thinks he won't play for us again. I do not blame Saints for this one, that injury put the cherry on the cake for a talented lad who is not the bravest of scrum halves and I think his mind has not been really right since. It's a shame because the wider game needs flair and if fit and hungry he does tick that box.

I think there's still a reasonable chance he'll be here next season- it'd take a real gamble by an NRL team to take him at the moment- I'd be reasonably happy if he stayed and we got a proper season out of him without injury

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Learning All The Songs

Quote Originally Posted by scrogger View Post
    I think there's still a reasonable chance he'll be here next season- it'd take a real gamble by an NRL team to take him at the moment- I'd be reasonably happy if he stayed and we got a proper season out of him without injury

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    I wouldn't be disappointed if he stayed next season, but not on a bigger contract he's on now. He's a decent GK and a bit of confidence and no serious injuries he could continue his partnership with Fages. He probably can't wait to get home with the luck he's had, and some of the stick he has received off some saints fans. I should know I was one of them, but when he doesn't play we miss him.

Starting A Programme Collection

Quote Originally Posted by reliable sauce View Post
    Yes he's injured. I presume they're making sure he's right before returning with the play offs coming up.

I too would like him to stay, for me he's better than these 'targets' Smith and Brown but I believe he's off home at the end of the season.
    Think he will struggle to get an NRL club to sign him .

Starting A Programme Collection

Quote Originally Posted by pramtown View Post
    I wouldn't be disappointed if he stayed next season, but not on a bigger contract he's on now. He's a decent GK and a bit of confidence and no serious injuries he could continue his partnership with Fages. He probably can't wait to get home with the luck he's had, and some of the stick he has received off some saints fans. I should know I was one of them, but when he doesn't play we miss him.
    If truth is known he never really wanted to come . It was soley for the money . I cannot believe Saints paid him so much . Never worth it .

Quote Originally Posted by Furlongs View Post
    A part of me thinks he won't play for us again. I do not blame Saints for this one, that injury put the cherry on the cake for a talented lad who is not the bravest of scrum halves and I think his mind has not been really right since. It's a shame because the wider game needs flair and if fit and hungry he does tick that box.
    Tend to have the same thoughts and as he got I injured on the captain's run the day before the Widnes game it begs the question about whether he'll play for us again.

In The West Stand

Quote Originally Posted by fonsboy View Post
    Think he will struggle to get an NRL club to sign him .
    He has signed for a NRL side !!!

I don't know anything about transfers, but he played well today.
    He moved us about the park well and compared well to an error strewn Huddersfield kicking game IMO.
    We were a different team with him on the pitch.

Quote Originally Posted by Lex View Post

Who?
    Can't stop the spirits when they need you.

This life is more than just a read through.

Learning All The Songs

Was really sharp to say he hadn"t played for a few weeks we miss his kicking game also thought he helped control the game and even put in some good tackles not sure if he"s staying or going it only seems to be rumours .

Quote Originally Posted by The Chief View Post
    Half that figure is correct.

Quote Originally Posted by Lex View Post
    That's a pity mate because he's going to be missed.

In The North Stand With All The Old Folk The Wee Waa Womble's Avatar

Default Luke Walsh?

Quote Originally Posted by WA10 View Post
    That's a pity mate because he's going to be missed.
    If he was fit 80% of the time rather than 40% I'd agree. A class player when fit and on form, can't afford to be spending that much of a tight salary cap on a player who doesn't play often enough though.
    Forwards win games. The backs decide by how much.

In The South Stand

Quote Originally Posted by The Wee Waa Womble View Post
    If he was fit 80% of the time rather than 40% I'd agree. A class player when fit and on form, can't afford to be spending that much of a tight salary cap on a player who doesn't play often enough though.
    Yet the players we are rumoured to be after are Ben Harrison who hasn't played a game all year and Kevin Brown who gets injured every time he plays despite possibly hitting the 80% starting mark.

Learning All The Songs

Quote Originally Posted by Saddened! View Post
    Yet the players we are rumoured to be after are Ben Harrison who hasn't played a game all year and Kevin Brown who gets injured every time he plays despite possibly hitting the 80% starting mark.
    Ben Harrison has been carrying a few problems for a couple of years and taken time out to have knee and shoulder operations. He is back in training now with a clean bill of health but I understand they don't have room in the playing squad re salary cap limits. At his best he is international standard and can play both back row and front row.

In The North Stand With All The Old Folk Blobbynator's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by robert80 View Post
    Ben Harrison has been carrying a few problems for a couple of years and taken time out to have knee and shoulder operations. He is back in training now with a clean bill of health but I understand they don't have room in the playing squad re salary cap limits. At his best he is international standard and can play both back row and front row.
    The fact Warrington haven't registered him in their squad due to injuries should ring enough alarm bells to stay clear.
    Quote Originally Posted by Despondent Dave
    Blobby is a man of style, panache and impeccable taste

In The West Stand

Quote Originally Posted by Blobbynator View Post
    The fact Warrington haven't registered him in their squad due to injuries should ring enough alarm bells to stay clear.
    Warrington havent registered him due to the fact they havent the cap space.

Learning All The Songs

Quote Originally Posted by Stephen07 View Post
    There have to be huge doubts about whether he will ever be back to his best though. I think this would be a pretty risky signing and I'd probably steer clear if it were up to me.
    To be honest I think we are adequately covered in the back row but if we are looking there I know something about the situation and believe Ben would do a job