• Yes

6 11.11%
  • No

48 88.89%
Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Thread: Will we make the Top 4

In The South Stand The.Reverand's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Saint Margaret View Post
    You are right we probably won't win,but all I am saying is if a miracle happened and we did ,we would have deserved it.
    If that kind of miracle happened, you want to be looking toward the sky to give your thanks. Won't be anything Cunninghams done.

Got A Season Ticket

Quote Originally Posted by The.Reverand View Post
    If that kind of miracle happened, you want to be looking toward the sky to give your thanks. Won't be anything Cunninghams done.
    There are lucky games, unlucky games, good performances, and bad ones.

But come the end of the season, the final standings are where you deserve to be. There's not long left though, but we're certainly still in it. A good strong run in the Super-8s should be enough to get us a play off spot

Got A Season Ticket

It all depends on the next 3 for me.

We have Catalan have

Widnes (H) Cas (A)

Hudds (A) Wakefield (H)

Wigan (A) Widnes (A)

Catalan have two very tough away games against sides who need to win to get in the 8. IF they were to lose them both (I'm not even comprehending them losing to Wakefield at home) and we were to win our 3, we'd be level on points with Catalan. I only fancy us to beat Widnes, however Hudds have been poor all year (even we beat them!) and Wigan away is the week before their CC semi final.

I think if the above happened, I'd fancy us to do it. If Catalan win 2/3 and we win all 3 and we go into the 8s 2 points behind I wouldn't write us off but 4 points is too big of a gap for me. I think we'll end up 5th about 4 or 6 points off personally. I've not seen anything from this team that suggests otherwise. The above is just my optimist theory of how we COULD squeeze into that top 4.

Starting A Programme Collection

[QUOTE=Starman;656734]It all depends on the next 3 for me.

and Wigan away is the week before their CC semi final.

Can't see the pies under performing against us. More likely the other way round and they peak for us and crap out in the CC semi!

Learning All The Songs

Leeds finished fifth and won the Grand Final if we do we deserve it,the trophies are given out I August and October
    Yes, but that was under the previous system. Virtually impossible to do it now

In The North Stand With All The Old Folk fishy3005's Avatar

We usually perform well at Wigan Athletics ground.
    screaming in the family corner, scaring the kiddies

In The North Stand With All The Old Folk paulscnthorpe's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by maghullsaint View Post
    Yes, but that was under the previous system. Virtually impossible to do it now
    Even more impossible than virtually I'd say!

Banned

Whilst I don't think we have a cat in hell's chance of making the top 4 (not with Dunderhead and his woeful gameplans), if we did, it'd mean we'd stumbled on some sort of form and the rest of the top 4 aren't exactly brilliant.

I really, really want Catalans to make it (if we can't win SL, I hope they do), and ideally the pie scum would miss out, but the jammy 6-fingered twunts keep pulling wins out the bag from losing positions. Wire have the best first XIII by far and on their day would beat any side in SL, but can't find consistency and have a penchant for bottling the GF. Hull are the Leicester City of SL 2016 - a team of unfancied players & journeymen coached by someone previously considered a bit of a joke and long odds to win the title, but confounding critics to keep getting wins; in a year of surprises, could they do the impossible? In a GF, I think we could beat any of them if we played to our full potential,

But then I remember that we're pretty sh*t, with too many crap players and a Dunderhead of a coach.

I reckon we will win at Wigan in a few weeks time

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by Webbo Again View Post
    Whilst I don't think we have a cat in hell's chance of making the top 4 (not with Dunderhead and his woeful gameplans), if we did, it'd mean we'd stumbled on some sort of form and the rest of the top 4 aren't exactly brilliant.

I really, really want Catalans to make it (if we can't win SL, I hope they do), and ideally the pie scum would miss out, but the jammy 6-fingered twunts keep pulling wins out the bag from losing positions. Wire have the best first XIII by far and on their day would beat any side in SL, but can't find consistency and have a penchant for bottling the GF. Hull are the Leicester City of SL 2016 - a team of unfancied players & journeymen coached by someone previously considered a bit of a joke and long odds to win the title, but confounding critics to keep getting wins; in a year of surprises, could they do the impossible? In a GF, I think we could beat any of them if we played to our full potential,

But then I remember that we're pretty sh*t, with too many crap players and a Dunderhead of a coach.
    I actually came out of the ground last night quite down,why would i feel like that? we had won a very close game and had closed the gap on the teams above us,but it was the realisationthat even if we manage to somehow grab the fourth spot,it will mean nothing,we haven't got a chance in hell of winning the grand final.
    Lomax,, Roby Percival, Amor, Thomson, are the standout players the rest just average Super League Players if that!

In The South Stand Tez the Saint's Avatar

How are a teams home and away fixtures decided in the super 8's?

Thanks all.
    Steve Prescott MBE (1973-2013)
    V

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by Tez the Saint View Post

Thanks all.
    http://www.therfl.co.uk/rlnewera

I actually came out of the ground last night quite down,why would i feel like that? we had won a very close game and had closed the gap on the teams above us,but it was the realisationthat even if we manage to somehow grab the fourth spot,it will mean nothing,we haven't got a chance in hell of winning the grand final.
    Funny you should say that. I reckon finishing in the top 4 is the biggest challenge we will face this season. If we do finish in 4th spot i think we have a good chance of winning the whole thing. In a game that really matters with Old Trafford on the line i'd fancy us to win at Hull, Wigan or Warrington.

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by fishy3005 View Post
    Funny you should say that. I reckon finishing in the top 4 is the biggest challenge we will face this season. If we do finish in 4th spot i think we have a good chance of winning the whole thing. In a game that really matters with Old Trafford on the line i'd fancy us to win at Hull, Wigan or Warrington.
    I honestly wish i had your optimism.I honestly hope your right.

Banned

double post

I can't see us finishing fourth, if we do it will be because we've won 10 out of our last 12 games or so, we'll be the form team, so I'd quite fancy us..

We need to find something very very fast though

The next two weeks will help

Quote Originally Posted by Tez the Saint View Post

Thanks all.
    We will play 6th, 7th and 2nd at home which as it stands is Hull Wakey and Widnes.

Which leaves away to Catalans, Wigan, Wire and Cas

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by paulscnthorpe View Post
    We will play 6th, 7th and 2nd at home which as it stands is Hull Wakey and Widnes.

Which leaves away to Catalans, Wigan, Wire and Cas
    In all honesty they arent a bad set of fixtures if things stay the same. Catalans away is obviously the toughest but there will be real pressure on that if both sides keep their current form up. Hull/Wigan/Wire look safe to me which will leave Saints and Cats fighting out fourth

Quote Originally Posted by bazdev View Post
    In all honesty they arent a bad set of fixtures if things stay the same. Catalans away is obviously the toughest but there will be real pressure on that if both sides keep their current form up. Hull/Wigan/Wire look safe to me which will leave Saints and Cats fighting out fourth
    A simpler way of working it out is

We'll have two home games from Widnes, Cas, Wakey (and highly unlikely Hull KR) the other away [all of which we have won this season]

We'll go to Catalans (unless Hull and Wire have a nightmare fortnight) [which we lost]

We'll have two away games from Hull, Wire be and Wigan, the other at home [won one, lost one, one to play]

Simples
    Last edited by paulscnthorpe; 9th July 2016 at 22:28.

I honestly wish i had your optimism.I honestly hope your right.
    Don't get me wrong i think it will take a big effort and a bit of luck for us to finish in the top 4. Its highly unlikely that we will do so. If we do though, anything could happen in the play offs. Ive got a feeling we are the team the other 3 would least want to face at their home in a knock out game.

I'd fancy us to win at Wigan or Warrington in a knock out semi. Hull, not quite as confident.

In The North Stand With All The Old Folk Scouse Don's Avatar
    Blatherings on That Saints podcast.Back home in St.Helens and in the South stand for service

I admire the optimism.
    Learned comment from The Don

We might have stood a chance even at this late stage but our points for and against is so dire that it given Catalan almost an extra point as it stands. Nailed on fifth place for me.

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by fishy3005 View Post
    Don't get me wrong i think it will take a big effort and a bit of luck for us to finish in the top 4. Its highly unlikely that we will do so. If we do though, anything could happen in the play offs. Ive got a feeling we are the team the other 3 would least want to face at their home in a knock out game.

I'd fancy us to win at Wigan or Warrington in a knock out semi. Hull, not quite as confident.
    You wouldn't fancy Hull but you would expect to beat two seasoned playoff sides? Not sure why you would be more worried going to Hull. I think a lot will depend on the CC semi between us and Hull. If we were to beat them I think they would have some serious questions to answer come playoff time. If they knock us out that could give them the belief to go on and claim their first silverware in a long time

Quote Originally Posted by bazdev View Post
    You wouldn't fancy Hull but you would expect to beat two seasoned playoff sides?
    Yep thats what i said.

Learning All The Songs

Quote Originally Posted by saintgeorge View Post
    We might have stood a chance even at this late stage but our points for and against is so dire that it given Catalan almost an extra point as it stands. Nailed on fifth place for me.

Agreed, but we would have had a much better chance if Fages had have played from day one and not been sat in the stands "to learn the way Saints play".