Chapel House Motor Company Limited Advertising Banner
Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 12345

Thread: The Root Problem

Noooobie

Can't believe eamon McManus is receiving any kind of criticism. If he walked away I'm not too sure we would have people queuing up to replace him. He will, just like us the fans be very upset by the way things have gone this year. Perhaps we have been sliding down on player quality over the last couple of years and it's starting to show. We haven't a divine right to be at the top year on year and sometimes a lean season with poor performances needs to be weathered. Lord knows we have been blessed with some of the best rugby super league has ever seen. When wigan suffered a very very poor side over a couple of years they were still well supported, we all need to do the same in these difficult times.

Starting A Programme Collection

Well said Mrs Mc

Banned

We all are open to people challenging us whether in life or our business dealings. I for one fully understand Eamon saved the club from the gates being locked at KR in 1997. He came in with a vicious streak to turn the place on its head and he did that. Sean McGuire came and went, players where shown no mercy Newlove lets be honest was shipped out on cue and rightly so from a business perspective.

The new stadium was a slog for him and I think the quality of it was more expensive than we imagined, hence the cladding scenario. I do feel that is where it went wrong and it all got a bit too chummy. Rush elevated after Colquitt who seemed a clued up cookie to me, then new ground sponsorship and new bars and jobs where created and seemed to be filled from a bank of legends except strangely Joynt.

Now it just seems the masterpiece that is Langtree and we can debate the point but walk around the Halliwell Jones and around Langtree and LP is streets ahead. Sadly seasons pass without silver on the sideboard except for that glorious unexpected season and at a big club people get anxious and remember the eighties. I do think we are rudderless now as a rugby league club. The business side of things who knows it seems stable which is good but it's a balanced scorecard and nothing seems rosy on young players of our own coming through or what is available to challenge at the very top.

Now I'm not sure if this was just a rumour, but wasn't there talk that Eamonn was going to hand over the reigns once the stadium was built? I'm speaking from an outsiders point of view, but could it be that Mike Rush now has a greater running of the club now, with Eamonn only being the money man.

It could be a similar situation to Leeds, where Caddick is the money man, and Hetherington should run the club? Maybe the criticism of McManus is misplaced?

I think we need someone new in, whether that's a coach, or board member with a truly ruthless streak, because I get the impression that this is what we lack.

Quote Originally Posted by RV12 View Post
    Now I'm not sure if this was just a rumour, but wasn't there talk that Eamonn was going to hand over the reigns once the stadium was built? I'm speaking from an outsiders point of view, but could it be that Mike Rush now has a greater running of the club now, with Eamonn only being the money man.

It could be a similar situation to Leeds, where Caddick is the money man, and Hetherington should run the club? Maybe the criticism of McManus is misplaced?

I think we need someone new in, whether that's a coach, or board member with a truly ruthless streak, because I get the impression that this is what we lack.
    I wouldn't let Mike Rush run a bath
    St Helens Openwater Swimming Society

Looking out from the top of Table Mountain

Noooobie

Hethrington ain't so smart, anybody can run a club that's part of a city, he has a massive catchment area so Leeds should be a consistently dominant force. He is just sponging a living like his missus was at Hull......give me strength. McManus is a fan anybody can see that, he wants the stadium full just like the rest of us, who truly support the club. I'll say it again, now is not the time to start having a go at all and sundry in the club, now is the time to stand up and support our team. Togetherness in tough times is what's is required.