Chapel House Motor Company Limited Advertising Banner
Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast

Thread: What will it take for the board to act?

Learning All The Songs

Felt sorry for Owens tonight, he didn't deserve to be singled out with the abuse he took from supporters.

Learning All The Songs Blue Harvest's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by teddlyf View Post
    Our front row is shocking. Walmsley has been next to anonymous this year, Richards makes about the same amount of metres Bolt makes in 10 seconds in a season, Tasi has had a couple of decent spells but is definitely getting paid far more than he's worth, Thompson has gone backwards (though not as far as Richards does each hit up) and Savelio has been stunted because KC has taken a disliking to him. I think Amor is the only one who's improved this season and deserves credit for standing up when the others have disappeared. I'd give him the captaincy next year.

I can't be the only one who notices that we seem to make more yards when we throw it wide to Wilkin, Vea, LMS and Greenwood than when we let the props hit up. I also can't be the only one who's noticed that during a lot of sets we get maybe one hit up from a prop and are regularly kicking early following wasting two tackles giving it to our (lightweight) wingers
    Wingers that are used to drive the ball in in the first few sets, then wonder why we have no structure and our backs have no pace/energy. Props that run at the tackler, a tactic that works if you have the ability to offload or can create some space/disruption to their defensive structure for the next tackle.....however we appear to do neither.

We appear to be a senior Prop short in the squad for the the past 2 seasons. Walmsley, Amor, Masoe/Tasi then a selection of Richards/Thompson/Savelio, whilst it's great that we have 3 promising front rowers, we would probably help their development more by having an additional experienced Prop in the squad, Fairleigh/Britt/Anderson style.

Got A Season Ticket

Quote Originally Posted by Buddy View Post
    The saddest part about this for me personally is I'm past being angry and upset about it. The fans have been disenfranchised by the club, our views discredited and our opinions belittled.

I just don't care anymore

Sent from my Nexus 5X using Tapatalk
    I agree, I went to tonight's game not expecting to win, it's boring to watch, frustrating to watch and sad that the powers that be don't seem to have the balls to put Mr Cunningham and us fans out of our misery!!!

For me, you can throw a blanket over the lot of them. They are crap. I kept thinking tonight - would it be better with Savelio, Knowles, Peyroux, Walsh, Percival? Maybe slightly but still not capable of winning anything. It must all come down to who is responsible for signing such a poor squad of players and their lack of development and effectiveness when playing for the club?

Quote Originally Posted by SS View Post
    You've got to care, and continue doing so, otherwise it really is pointless. We all care.

I thought we'd be okay this season. How wrong I was. Tonight has to be the straw that broke the back - that was just embarrassing. I'd literally bin off most of them. I defended Vea during the week, well bollox to that, dreadful. From the backs tonight I'd only keep Lomax, Fages and Swift - the rest can bugger off ASAP. The lack of pace we have is astounding. We are as slow as tax rebates in the backline and Makinson ain't helping that when he's back either.

Can anybody, anywhere, explain why Greenwood is sat on the bench whilst Ashworth starts in the back row ? What ••••ing planet does that call come from ? LMS can disappear ASAP as well - all bluster, no bollox every time. The front row for me is fine, we've ample territory every week. We just don't have a ••••ing scooby in terms of composure and brains. We can't defend at all but that's another issue.

Wilkin, LMS, Owens and Dawson - cheerio. Next boat out, off you pop. Nowhere near where this club needs to be. For me, our 17 next year starts from a base of.....

Lomax

????
    Percival
    ????
    Swift

????
    Fages

Amor
    Roby
    Walmsley
    Greenwood
    ????
    Thompson

Tasi
    Richards
    ????
    ????

That's how I look at things.
    Just wondering what Tasi has done to be included? He has been Mr Anonymous all season and as shite as the rest!

Got A Season Ticket

Did Owens get booed or was KC on the big screen when Owens had the ball? If Owens did get booed I think that is bang out of order.

Booing the team or coach..... Fair play really.

Learning All The Songs

Quote Originally Posted by Blue Harvest View Post
    Wingers that are used to drive the ball in in the first few sets, then wonder why we have no structure and our backs have no pace/energy. Props that run at the tackler, a tactic that works if you have the ability to offload or can create some space/disruption to their defensive structure for the next tackle.....however we appear to do neither.

We appear to be a senior Prop short in the squad for the the past 2 seasons. Walmsley, Amor, Masoe/Tasi then a selection of Richards/Thompson/Savelio, whilst it's great that we have 3 promising front rowers, we would probably help their development more by having an additional experienced Prop in the squad, Fairleigh/Britt/Anderson style.
    I do sympathise with our winger situation to an extent. Swift is pretty decent apart from one in ten games he just can't catch a ball for toffee and Makinson is genuinely good, but the combination doesn't work because neither of them makes any yards. Every set we suffer because whilst other clubs have the likes of Carney, Hall and Lineham making good early yards, Saints don't. But then I lose the sympathy because we have a play that does make as early yards (Turner on the blindside) and we've hardly utilised it (or him) all season.

Quote Originally Posted by ffs View Post
    Did Owens get booed or was KC on the big screen when Owens had the ball? If Owens did get booed I think that is bang out of order.

No it's not. He is shit. I watched him more than anyone else tonight and he offered nothing. Fages and dawson ran away from him. He deserved to be booed along with cunningham.

Learning All The Songs

I think his place in the team is pretty questionable (at best, he's utter tripe. I can't remember a worse English signing we've made) and since there are rumours that he's dating KC's daughter, the fans are probably going to go for him for that reason as much as anything else. He seems to be being picked due to favouritism when we've got lads like Bailey and Grace in the academy who are almost certainly capable of doing his job in the team

Learning All The Songs

He got more than booing, as you say bang out of order to single him out.

Quote Originally Posted by Div View Post
    Just wondering what Tasi has done to be included? He has been Mr Anonymous all season and as shite as the rest!
    Nothng wrong with LMS. Puts a shift in each week and thats all you can ask. He is worth an extention imo...

-

Quote Originally Posted by D249746p View Post
    Nothng wrong with LMS. Puts a shift in each week and thats all you can ask. He is worth an extention imo...
    Who mentioned LMS? Don't agree with you however another one simply not good enough. Name too long? Contact too long more like.

Quote Originally Posted by zippy View Post
    Felt sorry for Owens tonight, he didn't deserve to be singled out with the abuse he took from supporters.
    Yes he did. He is crap

Got A Season Ticket

Back to the original question; what will it take for the board to act?
    I think a 50 - 0 defeat would have done it!
    Unfortunately wire declared at 26 - 0 and packed in playing!
    I said a few weeks back he needed to go before wire at home because a few early tries and a poor performance would witness a toxic atmosphere that was awful tonight it must have been uncomfortable for Eamon and Rush (hopefully it was!)
    We need a new coach in place before our next home game v Hull KR just so the fans get behind the players!
    Most people around me tonight wanted wire to get 50 to crank up the pressure on Eamon to do the right thing for the long term future if the club and dismiss KC on Monday morning.

Learning All The Songs

The coach has lost the dressing room and he has lost the goodwill of the crowd. The board has to be shaken out of its apathetic complacency and do something now

In The South Stand warringtonsaint's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Bostik Bailey View Post
    I was one of the 4000 against Hull KR with the Gus O'Donnel drop goal, but I will not be one of the 4000 for he first game of the mddle 8s
    To be honest I'd rather be in the Middle 8s with 7 interesting games to watch than be so far away from the top 4 that we have 7 meaningless end of season games. In that scenario, our season tickets would be consigned to the bin
    "The great fallacy is that the game is first and last about winning. It is nothing of the kind. The game is about glory, it is about doing things in style and with a flourish, about going out and beating the other lot, not waiting for them to die of boredom." Danny Blanchflower.
    Might have been written by a footballer about football - but never a truer word............

Noooobie

Quote Originally Posted by maghullsaint View Post
    The coach has lost the dressing room and he has lost the goodwill of the crowd. The board has to be shaken out of its apathetic complacency and do something now
    I disagree. I don't think he's lost the dressing room at all. In fact, I feel like tonight they actually tried to do every he asked of them. They played like a side short on confidence who decided "you know what? Let's trust coach this week". Fat lot of good it did, mind, but I don't think he's lost the players. He has lost the fans though, and they'll be a whole lot harder to win round.

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by SS View Post
    You've got to care, and continue doing so, otherwise it really is pointless. We all care.

I thought we'd be okay this season. How wrong I was. Tonight has to be the straw that broke the back - that was just embarrassing. I'd literally bin off most of them. I defended Vea during the week, well bollox to that, dreadful. From the backs tonight I'd only keep Lomax, Fages and Swift - the rest can bugger off ASAP. The lack of pace we have is astounding. We are as slow as tax rebates in the backline and Makinson ain't helping that when he's back either.

Can anybody, anywhere, explain why Greenwood is sat on the bench whilst Ashworth starts in the back row ? What ••••ing planet does that call come from ? LMS can disappear ASAP as well - all bluster, no bollox every time. The front row for me is fine, we've ample territory every week. We just don't have a ••••ing scooby in terms of composure and brains. We can't defend at all but that's another issue.

Wilkin, LMS, Owens and Dawson - cheerio. Next boat out, off you pop. Nowhere near where this club needs to be. For me, our 17 next year starts from a base of.....

Lomax

????
    Percival
    ????
    Swift

????
    Fages

Amor
    Roby
    Walmsley
    Greenwood
    ????
    Thompson

Tasi
    Richards
    ????
    ????

That's how I look at things.

Not to worry, your better than Wigan at every level (Or at least you were 3 weeks ago)

Learning All The Songs

Yes he did. He is crap
    That's bull. Hardly his fault, especially when his coach is telling everyone is the best thing since sliced bread. What's he supposed to do? Refuse to play when picked?

Booing Owens whenever he got the ball was bad enough, the rest was just disgusting. Or is that the way forward for you now? Let's boo every player of limited ability shall we? Feck me.

I can't say I noticed Owens being booed. There was one point where Lomax gathered a kick, ran sideways then got rid of the ball to Owens. There were plenty of boos at that point, but I took that as being a response to the amateurish play rather than the individual carrying the ball.

In The South Stand Tez the Saint's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Private Pyle View Post
    That's bull. Hardly his fault, especially when his coach is telling everyone is the best thing since sliced bread. What's he supposed to do? Refuse to play when picked?

Booing Owens whenever he got the ball was bad enough, the rest was just disgusting. Or is that the way forward for you now? Let's boo every player of limited ability shall we? Feck me.
    I agree pal. Not into the whole booing thing myself (not criticising anyone who did tonight btw in advance) but I felt some sympathy for him tonight. You could see the panic in his eyes when he made the break down the flank and the result was a nothing pass inside and a clear try gone. He looks as though his confidence is all over the place and appears to know he's struggling.

To be fair to him I do think he tries hard but he's out of his depth and just isn't good enough.
    Steve Prescott MBE (1973-2013)
    V

In The North Stand With All The Old Folk The Wee Waa Womble's Avatar

He can run the ball in hard, shit hair flapping in the wind, all he wants. Still doesn't make any metres. Not a prop and not a 2nd row. Makes me sick to see homegrown talent like Thompson, Savelio, Greenwood, Knowles, Ashworth being left out for a waste of a shirt like LMS, Wilkin, Tasi etc.
    Forwards win games. The backs decide by how much.

Starting A Programme Collection

I was going to set my alarm for 01:30 then thought no way...thank God . Surely now McManus must say that is it Cunningham & Long must go , put the reserve coach in charge for the remainder of the season .

Poor form to be booing Owens. As said earlier, he's not putting himself in the team and he's putting in an acceptable level of effort. For me, the players are trying hard to fulfil their part of the bargain at the moment, as if to admonish themselves from and highlight the real problem. They've tried the "sod it" approach and realised the fans won't have that