Chapel House Motor Company Limited Advertising Banner
Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast

Thread: What will it take for the board to act?

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by Vince St Clair View Post
    So do you think it needs EMc to be sat watching games with 3000 fans, getting beat 26-0 for the penny to drop?

2000 fans, 36-0???

What will it take??????
    Its like the emperors new clothes with McManus, the yes men at the club tell him its all ok so everyone else must be wrong.

Getting as clueless as Clegg, Pickavance and Ellard.

Noooobie

Meant to say - I went to my first Saints game in the 1965-66 season - that's half a century ago. I've supported Saints from home and afar, and I have to say that for the first time in 50 years I'm almost wanting them to be nilled so that someone will have to take action.

Got A Season Ticket

How did he make so much money if he can't see what's in front of him?

Learning All The Songs

Too many heads in the sand - time to wake up before we are condemned to another decade of mediocrity. How many times do we have to get stuffed and how many games do we have to go without scoring in a half. We have gone backwards - KC has to go - he's had his chance and just isn't up to it. We won't make the top 4 and numbers are going to be down next year - slippery slope, and we're on our way down it.

Sent from my SM-G900F using Tapatalk

In The North Stand With All The Old Folk The Wee Waa Womble's Avatar

At least we haven't been nilled. And that's just about the only positive I can find. That and the fact that we aren't Leeds.
    Forwards win games. The backs decide by how much.

Learning All The Songs

I was one of the 4000 against Hull KR with the Gus O'Donnel drop goal, but I will not be one of the 4000 for he first game of the mddle 8s

Got A Season Ticket

I'll buy our season tickets back the day after We appoint a decent coach.

Until then, I won't bother.

In The North Stand With All The Old Folk Belgian Saint's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Buddy View Post
    The saddest part about this for me personally is I'm past being angry and upset about it. The fans have been disenfranchised by the club, our views discredited and our opinions belittled.

I just don't care anymore

Sent from my Nexus 5X using Tapatalk
    Agree with opening paragraph. Haven't quite got to the don't care stage but apathy and acceptance. Starting to set in.

In The South Stand

It's utterly abysmal and unacceptable concerning the first team.

Our attack is poor, the defence is a shambles and the recruitment of players at Saints is simply third rate and has been for years. As much as I admired Kieron Cunningham as a player, I never agreed with his appointment as head coach.

The only positive light for me at Saints is that the Reserves, the U19's and the scholarship lads are doing brilliantly and playing some great rugby.

Learning All The Songs

Quote Originally Posted by WBFOP View Post
    I've felt this way for a very long time. It's not a Rugby Club anymore, it's an old boy's club where a bit of Rugby breaks out occasionally.
    I have decided not to go to another game until Cunningham is sacked.

In The South Stand warringtonsaint's Avatar

The saddest part about this for me personally is I'm past being angry and upset about it. The fans have been disenfranchised by the club, our views discredited and our opinions belittled.

Exactly
    "The great fallacy is that the game is first and last about winning. It is nothing of the kind. The game is about glory, it is about doing things in style and with a flourish, about going out and beating the other lot, not waiting for them to die of boredom." Danny Blanchflower.
    Might have been written by a footballer about football - but never a truer word............

In The North Stand With All The Old Folk SS's Avatar

You've got to care, and continue doing so, otherwise it really is pointless. We all care.

I thought we'd be okay this season. How wrong I was. Tonight has to be the straw that broke the back - that was just embarrassing. I'd literally bin off most of them. I defended Vea during the week, well bollox to that, dreadful. From the backs tonight I'd only keep Lomax, Fages and Swift - the rest can bugger off ASAP. The lack of pace we have is astounding. We are as slow as tax rebates in the backline and Makinson ain't helping that when he's back either.

Can anybody, anywhere, explain why Greenwood is sat on the bench whilst Ashworth starts in the back row ? What ••••ing planet does that call come from ? LMS can disappear ASAP as well - all bluster, no bollox every time. The front row for me is fine, we've ample territory every week. We just don't have a ••••ing scooby in terms of composure and brains. We can't defend at all but that's another issue.

Wilkin, LMS, Owens and Dawson - cheerio. Next boat out, off you pop. Nowhere near where this club needs to be. For me, our 17 next year starts from a base of.....

Lomax

????
    Percival
    ????
    Swift

????
    Fages

Amor
    Roby
    Walmsley
    Greenwood
    ????
    Thompson

Tasi
    Richards
    ????
    ????

That's how I look at things.

Quote Originally Posted by parrsaint View Post
    It's utterly abysmal and unacceptable concerning the first team.

Our attack is poor, the defence is a shambles and the recruitment of players at Saints is simply third rate and has been for years. As much as I admired Kieron Cunningham as a player, I never agreed with his appointment as head coach.

The only positive light for me at Saints is that the Reserves, the U19's and the scholarship lads are doing brilliantly and playing some great rugby.
    The downside to that is if we unleash Cunningham on those lads he'll no doubt find a way to ruin them. He needs to go .. Now

Banned

I recall I wrote the season off as soon as it began. My observations were that the side had been allowed to rot, too many kids with still a lot to prove, C grade Australians and average squad men.

If that was bad enough it has been compounded by the pig ignorance of the club to accept its mistakes and that everything is not rosey. Im pretty sure this latest defeat will not have changed the minds that count. We simply had an off day, live to fight another day and dug in well etc etc In other words the usual bull shit excuses that Mr Teflon is happy to tolerate.

Time was the likes of Cledd, Ellard, Pickavance etc had their feet roasted by the fire of the malaise of the club but Mr Teflon vanishes into the night and can make speeches about tub-thumpers without being held to account.

The club is rotten and a good few thrashings might actually help shake them out of the pschychosis.

Quote Originally Posted by SS View Post
    You've got to care, and continue doing so, otherwise it really is pointless. We all care.

I thought we'd be okay this season. How wrong I was. Tonight has to be the straw that broke the back - that was just embarrassing. I'd literally bin off most of them. I defended Vea during the week, well bollox to that, dreadful. From the backs tonight I'd only keep Lomax, Fages and Swift - the rest can bugger off ASAP. The lack of pace we have is astounding. We are as slow as tax rebates in the backline and Makinson ain't helping that when he's back either.

Can anybody, anywhere, explain why Greenwood is sat on the bench whilst Ashworth starts in the back row ? What ••••ing planet does that call come from ? LMS can disappear ASAP as well - all bluster, no bollox every time. The front row for me is fine, we've ample territory every week. We just don't have a ••••ing scooby in terms of composure and brains. We can't defend at all but that's another issue.

Wilkin, LMS, Owens and Dawson - cheerio. Next boat out, off you pop. Nowhere near where this club needs to be. For me, our 17 next year starts from a base of.....

Lomax

????
    Percival
    ????
    Swift

????
    Fages

Amor
    Roby
    Walmsley
    Greenwood
    ????
    Thompson

Tasi
    Richards
    ????
    ????

Agreed.

In The South Stand

Quote Originally Posted by N0.1 Saint View Post
    The downside to that is if we unleash Cunningham on those lads he'll no doubt find a way to ruin them. He needs to go .. Now
    It is a sad inditement that so many of the first team players appear to have regressed in the last two seasons and now look like a shadow of their former selves.

In The West Stand

Lomax

????
    Percival
    ????
    Swift

????
    Fages

Amor
    Roby
    Walmsley
    Greenwood
    ????
    Thompson

Tasi
    Richards
    ????
    ????

Lomax
    Makinson Percival ???? Swift
    Fages ????
    Amor Roby ????
    Greenwood Savelio
    ????

???? Ashworth Walmsley Thompson

Learning All The Songs

I think a lot of fans are not happy with our front Row actually Walmsley is a shadow of the player from last season Tasi,Richards & Thompson are rubbish with only Amor worth his place this season?

We all moaned at Mose last year for his effort but i'd have him back over them any day

Back on track

I think it will need a slump in ST renewals and a decrease in corporate sponsors before EM realises the power of the fans
    St Helens Openwater Swimming Society

Looking out from the top of Table Mountain

Learning All The Songs

The question players or coaching was answered tonight, it clearly is down to the coaching.

Learning All The Songs

Quote Originally Posted by The Wee Waa Womble View Post
    At least we haven't been nilled. And that's just about the only positive I can find. That and the fact that we aren't Leeds.
    I'd rather be Leeds. Sat with three trophies in the cabinet and knowing that there were genuine reasons for the downfall. Losing three key players and an injury crisis. It's understandable. There's no excuse for us. None. We needed a marquee signing in the forwards and pace in the backs and we signed a plodder who couldn't get in the Salford side (who was clearly signed because of his height and weight alone) and a Widnes reject on the wing who is somehow overweight, underweight, small and slow all at the same time. Everyone could see what we needed yet the so-called professionals at the club couldn't.

In The North Stand With All The Old Folk SS's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by magic superbeetle View Post
    Lomax
    Makinson Percival ???? Swift
    Fages ????
    Amor Roby ????
    Greenwood Savelio
    ????

???? Ashworth Walmsley Thompson
    Makinson's done for me. Fine close range finisher but kick returns are dire. We can't carry two wingers that contribute nothing on exit sets. One has to give.

Savelio has literally never played back row in our first team. Look at his build and size, he's as blatant a prop as you'll ever see. I forgot him though, so I'd shove him on our bench as well.

Thompson for me starts. I prefer three props on the park for two reasons: one, it suits us and two, 13s capable of doing both the hard yards and ball player barely exist anymore.

Apologies, to keep the thread on track, for me they have to act now. The atmosphere was toxic. Once that starts, there's no going back.

Quote Originally Posted by The Wee Waa Womble View Post
    Its like saying "I have piles but the positive I do not have gout"
    St Helens Openwater Swimming Society

Looking out from the top of Table Mountain

Learning All The Songs

Quote Originally Posted by Rommel View Post
    I think a lot of fans are not happy with our front Row actually Walmsley is a shadow of the player from last season Tasi,Richards & Thompson are rubbish with only Amor worth his place this season?

We all moaned at Mose last year for his effort but i'd have him back over them any day
    Our front row is shocking. Walmsley has been next to anonymous this year, Richards makes about the same amount of metres Bolt makes in 10 seconds in a season, Tasi has had a couple of decent spells but is definitely getting paid far more than he's worth, Thompson has gone backwards (though not as far as Richards does each hit up) and Savelio has been stunted because KC has taken a disliking to him. I think Amor is the only one who's improved this season and deserves credit for standing up when the others have disappeared. I'd give him the captaincy next year.

I can't be the only one who notices that we seem to make more yards when we throw it wide to Wilkin, Vea, LMS and Greenwood than when we let the props hit up. I also can't be the only one who's noticed that during a lot of sets we get maybe one hit up from a prop and are regularly kicking early following wasting two tackles giving it to our (lightweight) wingers

Learning All The Songs

The atmosphere was toxic. Once that starts, there's no going back.
    He's lost the dressing room for me. I honestly can't remember a Saints coach losing a dressing room like this in my lifetime. The defence is the key, we're not putting in the tackles to show we want it