Chapel House Motor Company Limited Advertising Banner
Page 12 of 16 FirstFirst ... 28910111213141516 LastLast

Thread: Cunningham response to critics

In The South Stand

Quote Originally Posted by Dux View Post
    Apologies - only just read down the thread and realised someone beat me in the Biblical pun race.
    No offence taken!

In The South Stand warringtonsaint's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by The.Reverand View Post
    I think he meant cloud cuckoo to be fair. The lad gets a tad confused as we all know. Sometimes I'm just relieved we have the right amount of players on the field.
    Hahahaha!! ��
    "The great fallacy is that the game is first and last about winning. It is nothing of the kind. The game is about glory, it is about doing things in style and with a flourish, about going out and beating the other lot, not waiting for them to die of boredom." Danny Blanchflower.
    Might have been written by a footballer about football - but never a truer word............

Deep down in me I want him to turn things round and succeed, but he is not letting me do that.

He refers to me as a "sheep". Well I am not and has anyone ever seen sheep jump on a bandwagon? Maybe he counts sheep so he can get to sleep when we are playing

He says he knows everything about the game. I bet Tony Smith and Shaun Wane spat out their cornflakes when they read that.

He mentions the Promised Land. I think he is in Cuckoo Land.

Sorry, Mr Cunningham, you are not doing yourself any favours with these interviews. One tip. If you are unsure what to say then say nothing.
    St Helens Openwater Swimming Society

Looking out from the top of Table Mountain

Learning All The Songs

Quote Originally Posted by The Chief View Post

....and then they will move the ball wide, run at Walshy, and the defence then parts like the red sea.
    "Joe Greenwood? Andre Savelio? Nope. Never heard of 'em. Right... edges..."

In The South Stand

Quote Originally Posted by CHANNEL22 View Post
    Deep down in me I want him to turn things round and succeed, but he is not letting me do that.

He refers to me as a "sheep". Well I am not and has anyone ever seen sheep jump on a bandwagon? Maybe he counts sheep so he can get to sleep when we are playing

He says he knows everything about the game. I bet Tony Smith and Shaun Wane spat out their cornflakes when they read that.

Sorry, Mr Cunningham, you are not doing yourself any favours with these interviews. One tip. If you are unsure what to say then say nothing.
    He wouldn't need to count sheep to get to sleep watching us! Strong caffeine required to stay awake I'd have thought!

In The North Stand With All The Old Folk

Yep, I'm feeling the same. I wanted him to turn it around because it would have been fantastic to have our club playing well and winning games with a legend as coach. It would have been win-win. But now I'm just wanting the team to do well despite him. He is making me dislike him, and it's all his own doing with some of the stupid remarks he has made. In the unlikely event he turns this around I'll still remember how he acted when under pressure, and it won't be a positive memory.

KC parting the Red Sea.

In The North Stand With All The Old Folk fishy3005's Avatar

Time for our daily prayers boys. Repeat after me.
    Oh sweet baby Jebus. Please bless us with a win this weekend. Please bless us with the strength that we may be able to complete a set, string a few passes together, score some half decent tries and concede less than 40 points.
    Amen
    screaming in the family corner, scaring the kiddies

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by Dux View Post
    Savelio's saying: Oh no, now he thinks he's Jesus

In The South Stand Paul Newlove's Avatar

This pretty much sums up how I feel, I loved the guy as a player but I'm getting sick of him. I don't enjoy feeling like this and the fact that it is KC upsets me all the more but I just feel like he's taken my Saints away from me and I should just shut up keep turning up and not complain at the rugby on show and the six or seven players who I think shouldn't even be in a Saints shirt.

Quote Originally Posted by Paul Newlove View Post
    This pretty much sums up how I feel, I loved the guy as a player but I'm getting sick of him. I don't enjoy feeling like this and the fact that it is KC upsets me all the more but I just feel like he's taken my Saints away from me and I should just shut up keep turning up and not complain at the rugby on show and the six or seven players who I think shouldn't even be in a Saints shirt.
    Nothing worse than finding out your hero is actually just a knob

Learning All The Songs MancSaint's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by parrsaint View Post
    A move for Israel (Folau) would at least be a step up instead of signing cast offs.
    I see what you did there

Learning All The Songs

Quote Originally Posted by N0.1 Saint View Post
    Nothing worse than finding out your hero is actually just a knob
    For me, this is the saddest part of the whole situation.

Quote Originally Posted by Webbo Again View Post
    Well, he has been getting crucified since he was 17.

Learning All The Songs McClennan's Avatar

Should never have appointed him in the first place. We all knew that. We were all prepared to give him the opportunity to grow into the role. However, none of us have been prepared for the pitiful way in which the team appear to be prepared for each game. There is a lesson in this, and it is about appointing great players into roles in which they have not demonstrated the same level of aptitude. Coaching is not playing. It requires a different personality, different skills and different levels of emotional intelligence. It's something that people should bear in mind when they start clamouring in the future for Paul Wellens to get promoted to whatever. Let these guys learn their trade at a lower grade. Earn some ribbons coaching there before they get big jobs like at Saints. There is no substitute for experience and I'd suggest that most British players looking to develop a coaching career couldn't do much better than what McNamara has done and go to the NRL and learn from them. They are the best. Start there.

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by geordie_saint View Post
    You nailed my feelings,one of the reasons i never wanted him to be the boss,great players very rarely are great coaches,

Quote Originally Posted by Eddie Hemmings' Wig View Post
    The latest words of wisdom: http://www.dailystar.co.uk/rugby-lea...gham-St-Helens

We are all sheep apparently.
    Baaaaaa
    KC
    " We have done that in the past and ended up with players for two or three years when after 12 months we are all thinking ‘What the hell is he doing at this club?

OMG!!! Is that man seriously saying these things?? That applies to Peyroux and 100% Owens but he still plays him... Not to mention Haggarty lol

This man is now basically taking the •••• out of the fans!!! He is like Brendan Rodgers!!!

Learning All The Songs MancSaint's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Webbo Again View Post
    To be fair, KC does look like he's eaten 5 loaves.

Learning All The Songs

Judas Connolly played in the centre before taking the pieces of silver and heading to wigan.

In The South Stand warringtonsaint's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by geordie_saint View Post
    Indeed it is.
    "The great fallacy is that the game is first and last about winning. It is nothing of the kind. The game is about glory, it is about doing things in style and with a flourish, about going out and beating the other lot, not waiting for them to die of boredom." Danny Blanchflower.
    Might have been written by a footballer about football - but never a truer word............

Got A Season Ticket

I don't think I've ever seen a SL coach at any club as out of his depth as KC is right now. Anyone else would've been put out of their misery by this point.

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by 141 View Post
    I don't think I've ever seen a SL coach at any club as out of his depth as KC is right now. Anyone else would've been put out of their misery by this point.
    People say he was a great player (he was) it won't effect how we think of him as a player (it has) there are many younger supporters who will have only heard great things about Kieron,but now they are seeing a different side to him,the massive ego,the individual who thinks he is right no matter what anybody else thinks or says,

I have lost all respect for him,the way he has buried his head in the sand and refused to believe that he is right and that's it,

Sean Long has had an easy ride,great player flawed individual,defensive coach another great idea from Kieron.

In The North Stand With All The Old Folk

Quote Originally Posted by Saint Margaret View Post
    People say he was a great player (he was) it won't effect how we think of him as a player (it has) there are many younger supporters who will have only heard great things about Kieron,but now they are seeing a different side to him,the massive ego,the individual who thinks he is right no matter what anybody else thinks or says,

I have lost all respect for him,the way he has buried his head in the sand and refused to believe that he is right and that's it,

Sean Long has had an easy ride,great player flawed individual,defensive coach another great idea from Kieron.
    You might be right about what young fans think if they've only seen KC as a coach, but for anyone else I doubt this will ruin their memories of him as a player. He was a great player, that will never change, and he will always be a St Helens legend. He's just a very average coach and is making himself look like a not particularly nice bloke. A part of it is pressure, and some people handle it better than others, and I reckon in years to come he'll probably look back and wonder why the hell he said some of these things. But, he's saying them, and he's making the situation worse with every interview he gives. He is not coming out of this looking great, but it won't affect my memories of him as a player.

In The South Stand Paul Newlove's Avatar

Eammon was quick to jump on Nathan Brown when performances weren't up to scratch so where are you now Eammon?....not a peep and why?.. because it is KC, absolutely nobody else would have gotten away with this.
    The whole situation and the club it seems stinks at the moment.

Quote Originally Posted by Saint Margaret View Post

Sean Long has had an easy ride,great player flawed individual,defensive coach another great idea from Kieron
    Because the buck stops with the boss. Longy should be running our attack , anyone with an ounce of sense knows that. Making that change alone might even save Cunningham's job but it wont happen because its not his idea and he'd have to admit he was wrong