Chapel House Motor Company Limited Advertising Banner
Page 16 of 16 FirstFirst ... 61213141516

Thread: Cunningham response to critics

Quote Originally Posted by SAINTS2411 View Post
    I would hope not. Its just what I heard. I'm trying to figure out a reason why the board haven't acted yet.
    Don't believe everything you hear. The board haven't sacked him because they don't want too. Strange as it may seem they might actually believe the shit he talks.

Learning All The Songs

Considering only a few weeks back he stated how he was in full control of all recruitment we make, to come out with a comment this week that some of the players signed look like they don't know what they are doing is a pretty big admission of failure alone.

Learning All The Songs yogi bear's Avatar

I've never done this before as I think people who suggest new songs on here are quite sad - but whilst it's a special occasion.

To the Beach Boys classic

Baa Baa Baa - Baa Baa Kieran

Quote Originally Posted by yogi bear View Post
    I've never done this before as I think people who suggest new songs on here are quite sad - but whilst it's a special occasion.

To the Beach Boys classic

No need, we have a tried and test sheep song for the yorkies.

Baa baa baa Baa baa baa Baa baa baa baa baa ... Sheep!

In The North Stand With All The Old Folk The Yellow Giraffe's Avatar

http://m.sthelensstar.co.uk/sport/14...eep_the_faith/

His latest comments in the Star.

Despite calling for his head these last couple of months, I still find it hard not to want him to do well and turn things round after reading that. For the first time in a while it feels like he's admitting there are problems and also he's hinting at the fact that good news is around the corner and next year will be a different story.

Of course it could just be clever PR on his part; but given that clever PR isn't his strong point, I genuinely hope he's finally seeing the error of his ways and things are being put in to place to fix things.

Maybe I'm wrong and I've been sucked in by this, but as someone who watched his entire playing career and holds him in the highest regard for what he did, I sincerely hope he gets things right and fast.
    NEVER WRITE OFF THE SAINTS

Learning All The Songs

Maybe the club have finally decided to spend some £££ on improving the team.

In The North Stand With All The Old Folk fishy3005's Avatar

I feel quite sad reading that. Im not excusing him. I think he's been making mistake after mistake since taking over. Its a sad read.
    I would love him to fix this. Its just tough to imagine that he will
    screaming in the family corner, scaring the kiddies

In The South Stand warringtonsaint's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by The Yellow Giraffe View Post

Despite calling for his head these last couple of months, I still find it hard not to want him to do well and turn things round after reading that. For the first time in a while it feels like he's admitting there are problems and also he's hinting at the fact that good news is around the corner and next year will be a different story.

Of course it could just be clever PR on his part; but given that clever PR isn't his strong point, I genuinely hope he's finally seeing the error of his ways and things are being put in to place to fix things.

Maybe I'm wrong and I've been sucked in by this, but as someone who watched his entire playing career and holds him in the highest regard for what he did, I sincerely hope he gets things right and fast.
    I understand where you're coming from entirely.

So many questions remain unanswered though amongst which are things he won't be able to change because of his outlook/attutude/man management etc etc eg how totally lacking belief the players seem to be in him, bizarre selection decisions.....I needn't go on.

I'd loved him to have been a success but I'm afraid I've had my fill.
    "The great fallacy is that the game is first and last about winning. It is nothing of the kind. The game is about glory, it is about doing things in style and with a flourish, about going out and beating the other lot, not waiting for them to die of boredom." Danny Blanchflower.
    Might have been written by a footballer about football - but never a truer word............

In The North Stand With All The Old Folk

My main issue is that he reckons a couple of big signings will make things wonderful. If he isn't that good at coaching we'll still not be that great, despite the players. We are playing worse than the collective quality of our squad IMO, and so the issue isn't lack of playing talent but rather the tactics, coaching and style of play. We don't have a squad that should be top of the league, but we also don't have one that should have lost 8 from 17. There is a reason we are were we are, and signing a couple of good players will not change that unfortunately.

In The North Stand With All The Old Folk Buddy's Avatar

At last he's realised (or had it pointed out to him) that he would have got far less criticism by adopting this approach all along

Sent from my Nexus 5X using Tapatalk

Learning All The Songs yogi bear's Avatar

As many have said, the first step is admitting there is a problem. All we need now is KC to admit a lot of the problems have been his doing and for him to finally take some responsiblity.

I just wish he'd said something like "I need to find a way of getting my best 17 on the field and come up with a better game plan to give them their best chance of winning games".

In The North Stand With All The Old Folk Buddy's Avatar

Thinking about this though I'm getting more cynical. So far this week we've had people have a right to express their frustration, no they haven't they're all sheep and now please support me.

Which one is the real KC?

Learning All The Songs MancSaint's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Buddy View Post
    Thinking about this though I'm getting more cynical. So far this week we've had people have a right to express their frustration, no they haven't they're all sheep and now please support me.

Good question Bud.

Perhaps he's had a bit of advice re his media dealings or maybe he's just finally figured it out himself.

After the last few weeks I see this as an improvement, he's said some better considered things here.

In The North Stand With All The Old Folk The Yellow Giraffe's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Gray77 View Post
    My main issue is that he reckons a couple of big signings will make things wonderful. If he isn't that good at coaching we'll still not be that great, despite the players. We are playing worse than the collective quality of our squad IMO, and so the issue isn't lack of playing talent but rather the tactics, coaching and style of play. We don't have a squad that should be top of the league, but we also don't have one that should have lost 8 from 17. There is a reason we are were we are, and signing a couple of good players will not change that unfortunately.

I agree with you here Gray and I wish I'd said something in my post about style of play. It's something he has never touched upon in his interviews which would suggest he's happy with our current tactics. That's still a massive concern.
    NEVER WRITE OFF THE SAINTS

Quote Originally Posted by Buddy View Post

I think you've probably got to factor in that the comments that have been discussed all week have come from a press conference immediately after the match. In that context he's probably in a heightened state of frustration and, given the reaction of the crowd, suffering from freshly injured pride, and has come out with some things that in the cold light of day he regrets. These latest comments strike me being made after some reflection. Of course, he is a professional and should be able to keep a lid on things, but I think the inconsistency is understandable.

In The South Stand

“If the fans would have a little bit of faith in what I want to do – that is all that I ask for."

The problem is that the fans don't know what he wants to do. If perhaps he explained his grand vision of what the promised land looks like and how we are going to get there, then the fans would have more faith in him.
    "If you're going to strive for a change then you have to keep going upwards,"
    Keiron Cunningham, 2016

Quote Originally Posted by Eddie Hemmings' Wig View Post
    “If the fans would have a little bit of faith in what I want to do – that is all that I ask for."

The problem is that the fans don't know what he wants to do. If perhaps he explained his grand vision of what the promised land looks like and how we are going to get there, then the fans would have more faith in him.
    That's a fair point. The 'trust me, I know best' line hasn't done him any favours.

In The South Stand

I agree with you here Gray and I wish I'd said something in my post about style of play. It's something he has never touched upon in his interviews which would suggest he's happy with our current tactics. That's still a massive concern.
    We know that he is happy with the current style and tactics. The team is playing exactly how he wants them to play.

He has talked numerous times in the past about keeping the structure, the grind, winning the arm wrestle, "you dont win games by passing the ball", "i coached him not to throw it about", "I want my structure back" etc etc etc
    "If you're going to strive for a change then you have to keep going upwards,"
    Keiron Cunningham, 2016

In The South Stand The.Reverand's Avatar

Just more fluff for me and more excuses. Goes on about previous effort was terrible. Now the efforts there but certain players are letting us down. But next year will be different. Your in charge of all this Mr Cunningham, the buck stops with you. If the efforts not there, that's you. If players are letting us down, you signed or stick with them despite their performances ie Wilkin. Nothing new to see here for me but more guff.

Sent from my SM-G928F using Tapatalk

Learning All The Songs The Chief's Avatar

And that's the catch 22, if we stick with the status quo but add a few new faces, we are still playing the same dour brand of rugby. Sonny Bill Williams would look like Joe average in this side.