Chapel House Motor Company Limited Advertising Banner
Page 4 of 137 FirstFirst 12345678142454104 ... LastLast

Thread: Moves -possible and confirmed.

Got A Season Ticket Big Kev Iro's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Sean Day View Post
    Would love to see Ratchford in our centres. Top player
    Just in a redvee would be good as he's quality no matter where he plays!

Quote Originally Posted by Geoggy View Post
    Sir Kev back to the Rhinos to lead them to a GF Final over Warrington.

Maybe next year Wire?
    Watching them this season they should be begging him for one last half a season. Given he's playing Yawnion he should still be match fit and even if they used him off the bench he'd be a better option than they currently seem to have. That said the only thing left for them to play for is the CC now.

Quote Originally Posted by Big Kev Iro View Post
    Just in a redvee would be good as he's quality no matter where he plays!
    I'd take Ratchford and Hurrell at Saints, they would finally be a couple of signings that really excited us fans and would be genuine quality additions. Jettison Owens ,Dawson , Wilkin , & LMS and we'd have money to play with

In The South Stand reliable sauce's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by N0.1 Saint View Post
    I'd take Ratchford and Hurrell at Saints, they would finally be a couple of signings that really excited us fans and would be genuine quality additions. Jettison Owens ,Dawson , Wilkin , & LMS and we'd have money to play with
    Not convinced by Hurrell, he's had this potential for too long and is finding it very difficult getting into a struggling NZ Warriors side. It's no secret that he has a very cultured yet unpredictable lifestyle off the pitch as well and I don't know whether he'd settle in England

Quote Originally Posted by reliable sauce View Post
    Not convinced by Hurrell, he's had this potential for too long and is finding it very difficult getting into a struggling NZ Warriors side. It's no secret that he has a very cultured yet unpredictable lifestyle off the pitch as well and I don't know whether he'd settle in England
    We happily took Peyroux,he couldn't get in NZ Warriors side either,is Hurrell better than Peyroux?

In The West Stand

Hurrell is good mates with Peyroux and Tomkins isn't he? If he were to make the move, I'm sure having those 2 in touching distance would only help (for better or for worse!) I think he is one who could do very well over here, but could also get lazy and only play 1 game in 10 until the NRL comes back knocking ...

In The South Stand

Leave him.

In The South Stand reliable sauce's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Tallahassee View Post
    We happily took Peyroux,he couldn't get in NZ Warriors side either,is Hurrell better than Peyroux?
    And are we happy with the Peyroux signing? Because I'm not yet. He probably is a better player than Peyroux but the risks could outweigh the positives, I'd imagine Hurrell would demand a much higher contract, and as said has had issues off the field and there's always the risk he wouldn't settle with the extravagant lifestyle that he has.

In the Queens Arms dreading the King coming home early.

, and as said has had issues off the field and there's always the risk he wouldn't settle with the extravagant lifestyle that he has.
    I thought Pimmies Pies were available again one of their Meat and potato with a custard to follow is extravagant in the extreme.
    On the Back foot looking for the front one.

Learning All The Songs Mike Stephenson's Avatar

Me neither. Solomone Kata on the other hand, does impress me and is a real strike centre, which Saints should be looking for. Though clearly he would not be available. Watching the Warriors today, two other young players that impressed me, David Fusitu'a- played full back and Jazz Tevaga- hooker. Thomas Leuluai incidently, missed the game with a hamstring injury.

Available quality centres are few and far between these days, and I wonder whether looking closer to home, if Jermaine McGillvary could move in one from wing? He certainly offers some threat out wide.

Regards,

STEVO

Learning All The Songs

The Mole has said that we're chasing Leuluai for 2017 with a long term deal. I hope it's not too long, 3 years maximum for me.

Also pretty much confirmed Burns has been frozen out and will be leaving end of season.

http://rugbyleagueweek.com.au/moles-monday-scoops-10-6/

In The West Stand

Quote Originally Posted by Loose Forward Bloke View Post
    The Mole has said that we're chasing Leuluai for 2017 with a long term deal. I hope it's not too long, 3 years maximum for me.

Also pretty much confirmed Burns has been frozen out and will be leaving end of season.

Wouldn't be disappointed, TL is far stronger as an interchange hooker which is Burns role this year, and on a par in the halves. A longer deal is probably needed as a sweetener to get him back over, but with Walsh re-signing/ us bringing another 7 in we should be in good shape in the spine

Starting A Programme Collection

Quote Originally Posted by Loose Forward Bloke View Post

I can assure you were not chasing for Leuluai.

In The South Stand

Evil eye Leuluai, do for me. someone to crack the whip during the game.

In The West Stand

Quote Originally Posted by Smiggy View Post
    I can assure you were not chasing for Leuluai.
    Then who are we chasing?

In The North Stand With All The Old Folk Buddy's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by magic superbeetle View Post
    Then who are we chasing?
    Duncan Norvelle

Sent from my Nexus 5X using Tapatalk

Starting A Programme Collection

Then who are we chasing?
    Not sure we're chasing for anyone as I think retaining Walsh is the plan

In The West Stand

Quote Originally Posted by Smiggy View Post
    Not sure we're chasing for anyone as I think retaining Walsh is the plan
    1. Lomax
    6. Fages
    7. Walsh (maybe)
    9. Roby
    14. TL

Interchange for Roby on a regular basis, and cover for the halves if needed.

Learning All The Songs

Hurrell would be a fanrastic signing, TL on a 3 year deal would be our worst signing since Lance bluffed his way to a 4 year contract

In The South Stand

Quote Originally Posted by Southport Saint View Post
    Hurrell would be a fanrastic signing, TL on a 3 year deal would be our worst signing since Lance bluffed his way to a 4 year contract
    I'd say the complete opposite. Hurrell has the ability to be a good player and in the past he's shown glimpses but he is a complete buffoon off the pitch, has had issues with his weight, been suspended in the past and is currently suspended and dropped to the NSW Cup side.

Leuluai on the other hand has a track record of doing well in this country, both at London and Wigan, and offers us a half in place of Walsh and/or an interchange hooker to spare Roby.
    St Helens Rugby League Football Club

In The South Stand

Quote Originally Posted by Dos Cervezas View Post
    I'd say the complete opposite. Hurrell has the ability to be a good player and in the past he's shown glimpses but he is a complete buffoon off the pitch, has had issues with his weight, been suspended in the past and is currently suspended and dropped to the NSW Cup side.

Leuluai on the other hand has a track record of doing well in this country, both at London and Wigan, and offers us a half in place of Walsh and/or an interchange hooker to spare Roby.
    Hurrell's lack of professionalism wouldn't matter so much in Super League. Most of the sparrow legged centres and second rowers over here wouldn't be able to stop him from 10 out. He'd be sensational.

TL on the other hand would be a far worse signing that Hohaia. He's 31 and suffering really badly now after a long hard career. He is always injured and we'd be very lucky to get 8 games a season out of him.

1. Lomax
    6. Fages
    7. Walsh (maybe)
    9. Roby
    14. TL

Interchange for Roby on a regular basis, and cover for the halves if needed.
    I'm sure he'd do a decent job there but this arrangement just sounds like Lance Mark 2. If we're bringing overseas players in they need to be starting 13 material IMO.

In The West Stand

Quote Originally Posted by Sean Day View Post
    I'm sure he'd do a decent job there but this arrangement just sounds like Lance Mark 2. If we're bringing overseas players in they need to be starting 13 material IMO.
    I struggle to see the comparisons with Lance - we brought Lance over to play a position he wasn't a regular in, and we subsequently found out why he didn't play 6 much. TL has been used as interchange hooker by Wigan during their strong patch and the NZW when they actually have a fit spine so is far from alien for him.

Why do overseas players have to be starting 13? Starting 17 is just as important as 13, and it's not like The places are particularly precious, we're not even currently using all of ours.

In The South Stand Paul Cullen's Mantra's Avatar

Then who are we chasing?
    A lost cause?
    “It's been 31 years, since 1974, we last won a major (trophy and) Andrew Johns and Natty (Nathan Wood), our two oldest players were born in 1974 so it's a little bit spooky,”

There is a common trait in teams at this point in the season that they seem to sit back and wait for somebody to win the game for them. And we had too many of our players waiting for someone to win the game.”

"interfacing at the ruck"

"winning the go-forward"

"i thought we won the collision"

In The North Stand With All The Old Folk Buddy's Avatar

I struggle to see the comparisons with Lance - we brought Lance over to play a position he wasn't a regular in, and we subsequently found out why he didn't play 6 much. TL has been used as interchange hooker by Wigan during their strong patch and the NZW when they actually have a fit spine so is far from alien for him.

Why do overseas players have to be starting 13? Starting 17 is just as important as 13, and it's not like The places are particularly precious, we're not even currently using all of ours.
    How did TL play this week?

You're once again advocating signing a player who doesn't play alot on an apparently long term contract based on his performances from years ago.

It really makes no sense. Surely there are players who actually manage to play that would be interested in signing?