Chapel House Motor Company Limited Advertising Banner
Page 2 of 137 FirstFirst 123456122252102 ... LastLast

Thread: Moves -possible and confirmed.

Would love to see Ratchford in our centres. Top player

In The South Stand

Quote Originally Posted by Gerry Mander View Post

Was laughed at for suggesting Ratchford first time around (Salofrd).
    "Poor Core Skills" and not as good as Wheeler.

Has excelled at HB and FB. Now he has made is name in both positions
    at another club we are interested in him but want to try him at centre.

OK.
    Ratchford is never a half but is a cracking centre. Would be a great signing in that position.

In The North Stand With All The Old Folk The Wee Waa Womble's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Sean Day View Post
    Would love to see Ratchford in our centres. Top player
    Wasted in the centres for me. Can't see him leaving Wire but I think he'd be a great partner for Fages in the halves.
    Forwards win games. The backs decide by how much.

Got A Season Ticket

Ratchford is a very overrated player. Clearly a lot better than most of the plodders we have in the backs at the moment but not a player I would be bending over backwards to sign.

Default Moves -possible and confirmed.

Quote Originally Posted by 141 View Post
    Ratchford is a very overrated player. Clearly a lot better than most of the plodders we have in the backs at the moment but not a player I would be bending over backwards to sign.
    Lomax
    Makinson
    Ratchford
    Percival
    Swift
    Fages
    Walsh

Wouldn't be a bad 1-7 that , if the pack can get on the front foot that back line would trouble anyone in SL.

Ratchford would improve is significantly, he isn't a Newlove but who is of that quality outside the NRL?

In The South Stand

Quote Originally Posted by 141 View Post
    He's a limited player in the halves I'll give you that. But at fullback or centre, he's an elusive runner that would be devastating given the right service. If Warrington didn't want him, I'd be glad to see him at Saints. I'd have preferred Brierley but he'll do.

Got A Season Ticket

Quote Originally Posted by Saddened! View Post
    He's a limited player in the halves I'll give you that. But at fullback or centre, he's an elusive runner that would be devastating given the right service. If Warrington didn't want him, I'd be glad to see him at Saints. I'd have preferred Brierley but he'll do.
    I'm not sure about devastating. There's a reason he can't get into the Warrington team ahead of average Joes like Rhys Evans and Matty Russell. As said, he's clearly an upgrade on the likes of McDonnell and Dawson but I wouldn't herald him as a great signing if he came. I don't think he's much above an adequate Super League player to be honest. Shows how far we've sunk when this is the type of player we are getting excited about.

Learning All The Songs

Quote Originally Posted by Loose Forward Bloke View Post
    I agree with this. If we are (unlikely I know) to let LMS and Wilkin leave, then we can't just replace them with kids coming through. Yes it would be nice, but then nearly all of our back row are under 22. We still need some experience there. I know people aren't too keen on signing Aussies if they're over a certain age, but someone like Glen Stewart who's now at Catalans would do wonders I feel. He's got big game experience and has been one of the best in his position for years. He's also helped transform Catalans defence.
    Yes, I agree our pack lacks that bit of mongrel in them. I know Soliola had his detractors on here and he didn't always shine, but he was exactly this kind of player. Did the hard stuff up the middle, not afraid to face up to the bully boys from the opposition teams, and quite adept at the odd big hit. None of our backrow are capable of this 'enforcer' type role which is why we get bullied so often. Vea is about the nearest thing we have to aggression.

Personally I'd love us to ditch the show pony's of Wilkin & LMS and bring in someone like Dale Finucane (Melbourne) or Josh Jackson (Canterbury). Guys like these would really toughen up our pack

In The North Stand With All The Old Folk Blobbynator's Avatar

Ratchford would be a good signing for us. He'd fill our Centre role with ease and can also play full back and in the halves (and at a push loose) which would give us options with injuries. The fact he is British aswell is another tick in the box as we can focus our overseas options elsewhere.
    Quote Originally Posted by Despondent Dave
    Blobby is a man of style, panache and impeccable taste

In The North Stand With All The Old Folk Buddy's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Saint Toppy View Post
    Yes, I agree our pack lacks that bit of mongrel in them. I know Soliola had his detractors on here and he didn't always shine, but he was exactly this kind of player. Did the hard stuff up the middle, not afraid to face up to the bully boys from the opposition teams, and quite adept at the odd big hit. None of our backrow are capable of this 'enforcer' type role which is why we get bullied so often. Vea is about the nearest thing we have to aggression.

Personally I'd love us to ditch the show pony's of Wilkin & LMS and bring in someone like Dale Finucane (Melbourne) or Josh Jackson (Canterbury). Guys like these would really toughen up our pack
    You've more chance of us signing Janet Jackson than Josh!!

We will take Josh charnley in 2017 when he fails at yawnion next season..

In The West Stand

Quote Originally Posted by The Yellow Giraffe View Post
    I would be absolutely amazed if Warrington considered selling him to us.
    Whilst I don't doubt the Ratchford rumour has no legs, I do expect (hope) that the club will want to respond to the criticism of the recruitment last year by bringing in a "bigger" name. Since they are very few and far between on the ooc list, we're going to have to pull off some blinders...

In The North Stand With All The Old Folk The Yellow Giraffe's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by magic superbeetle View Post
    Whilst I don't doubt the Ratchford rumour has no legs, I do expect (hope) that the club will want to respond to the criticism of the recruitment last year by bringing in a "bigger" name. Since they are very few and far between on the ooc list, we're going to have to pull off some blinders...
    You'll be pleased to know I'm fairly confident a centre is the top of our priority list, going off what I've been told. Whether that is a "bigger name" or not remains to be seen.

There's nobody who jumps out from the OOC list from Super League. I know you're a fan of Inu but he's just been ruled out for the rest of this season. It may be that we are looking at anyone out of favour in NRL.

Konrad Hurrell was playing reserve grade up until a few weeks ago and would be a real "bums-on-seats" type signing but I think that might be a bit ambitious.
    NEVER WRITE OFF THE SAINTS

In The North Stand With All The Old Folk Buddy's Avatar

You'll be pleased to know I'm fairly confident a centre is the top of our priority list, going off what I've been told. Whether that is a "bigger name" or not remains to be seen.

There's nobody who jumps out from the OOC list from Super League. I know you're a fan of Inu but he's just been ruled out for the rest of this season. It may be that we are looking at anyone out of favour in NRL.

Konrad Hurrell was playing reserve grade up until a few weeks ago and would be a real "bums-on-seats" type signing but I think that might be a bit ambitious.
    Hurrel's days at the Warriors seem numbered for sure but he might go back to union

In The North Stand With All The Old Folk Scouse Don's Avatar
    Blatherings on That Saints podcast.Back home in St.Helens and in the South stand for service

Ratchford has pace....do we really need that?
    Learned comment from The Don

Learning All The Songs

Quote Originally Posted by Saddened! View Post
    No chance for me. Ratchford is a million miles in front of Brierley.

Learning All The Songs

Quote Originally Posted by Buddy View Post
    Hurrel's days at the Warriors seem numbered for sure but he might go back to union
    There must be something going on behind the scenes with Hurrell. In the limited game time he's had he's been okay, especially as he's been largely used in the back row not at centre.

I can understand Kata getting once centre spot as he's an exciting player but I just don't get what Aysford brings that Hurrell doesn't ?

I'd love to see Hurrell in a Saints shirt, but to be honest I can't see it happening. If he left the Warriors he would have plenty of better offers to choose from down under.

We were like this last year,and ended up underwhelmed. It would show a huge change in our recruitment(ie ambition) to get any of the names mentioned though.

Sent from my P023 using Tapatalk

Learning All The Songs

Quote Originally Posted by Saint Toppy View Post
    There must be something going on behind the scenes with Hurrell. In the limited game time he's had he's been okay, especially as he's been largely used in the back row not at centre.

I can understand Kata getting once centre spot as he's an exciting player but I just don't get what Aysford brings that Hurrell doesn't ?

I'd love to see Hurrell in a Saints shirt, but to be honest I can't see it happening. If he left the Warriors he would have plenty of better offers to choose from down under.
    He was quality in the all stars game. I'm a big fan of his, he is an absolute wrecking ball and a character as well.
    Totally agree with Kata and Ayshford comment - Kata is a decent option but Ayshford is horrible, cant understand how he keeps getting picked.
    I could see him moving to union rather than coming over here though, however if he did come to SL I reckon Tomkins would try and persuade him to reunite at Wigan.

In The South Stand The.Reverand's Avatar

Ratchford would be a cracking signing imo. Great footwork, pace and can cover several positions if need be. Won't happen, but I would more than welcome it.

Sent from my SM-G928F using Tapatalk

In The West Stand

One would assume that means Turners days are numbered!

Inu would have been great, but the injury certainly would put a big question mark over any move for him - he is still the only name on the SL ooc list that I would entertain though. Even the NRL ooc list doesnt look great for centres. Centre is a real weakness at alot of SL clubs at the moment, and finding quality is proving even harder. I seem to recall alot of questions about Hurrells defence, but I'm sure he'd still be a class above!

Between finding a quality centre and a quality replacement for Walsh I fear everything else will be put on hold recruitment wise...

In The North Stand With All The Old Folk The Yellow Giraffe's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by magic superbeetle View Post
    everything else will be put on hold recruitment wise...
    Which means underwhelming extensions for those we shall not name.
    NEVER WRITE OFF THE SAINTS

In The West Stand

Which means underwhelming extensions for those we shall not name.
    Until such things are announced, I'm living in blissful denial

... Then again, I made that mistake last year!

In The South Stand

Quote Originally Posted by Buddy View Post
    Hurrel is great going forward but has been dropped quite a few times by the warriors for his defence which can be very suspect at times.Would be fun to watch him though.

In The West Stand

Quote Originally Posted by brook View Post
    Hurrel is great going forward but has been dropped quite a few times by the warriors for his defence which can be very suspect at times.Would be fun to watch him though.
    http://www.nzwarriors.com/threads/ko....42433/page-85

Seems like theres a lot of talk of him leaving before 30 June, rather than next year, which would pretty much rule us out, unless Burns can be shipped early?