Chapel House Motor Company Limited Advertising Banner
Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 12345

Thread: Toronto

Learning All The Songs

Laithwaite is a very good signing for C1 standard - he should be playing SL!

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by Rogues Gallery View Post
    I was at a friends daughters wedding on Sunday

You have friends?

Learning All The Songs

If I was a lower league player or a backup SL player, I would love to try and make a go of it in Toronto. What an experience that would be.

Noooobie

Quote Originally Posted by french and conlon View Post
    Agree 100% with you DD.
    We've tried Wales , London , Kent and Gateshead amongst others and they have all failed.
    If money is to be given to a development area I would invest in Cumbria !
    They would have to be called the Cumbrian Jam-eaters, the Workington and Whitehaven folks would not agree who actually ate jam. Its a nice idea but with no hope of success due to historical nature of the clubs. If it was a runner I think it wouldhave already happened,clubswould have buried hatchets this far into Super League to get together and give it a run.

Learning All The Songs

If they cant agree to merge which wouldnt blame them for a brand new stand alone club in Cumbria would work IMO. Would also do away with the historical issues

Crowds have dropped off at all clubs up there given the leagues in which they have been playing. A superimposed SL club with Whitehaven and Workington as dual reg clubs would be a possibility. There must be a lot of latent frustrated support just waiting to see rugby at a decent standard

Play games around the county at Carlisle, barrow, workington and whitehaven. Special themed nights aimed at the tourist crowds etc etc. a game on the road to Scotland ?

Main stumbling block is to work would need decent backer plus they would need to go straight to SL

Crazy though letting a prime RL area wither and die

Re name Cumbria Lakers was touted many years ago but a bit trashy IMO. Am sure the marketing gurus could come up with something catchier

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by Rogues Gallery View Post
    Craig Hall, what an enigma. I first saw him play for England academy v Australia at Odsal about ten year ago. He was outstanding against an Aussie side that included Greg Inglis. From what I hear his application to training and the game itself isn't what it should have been. What a shame because he certainly had the talent, hope it works well for him in Canada. I was at a friends daughters wedding on Sunday and his brother in law was over from just outside Toronto so that's us sorted when we draw them in the cup next year.
    Working out well for you dangerous, draw them at home and you get another weekend in Bermondsey get them away and your heading for Canada.

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by Webbo Again View Post
    You have friends?

To be fair to Brian the rogue he hammered me with that one last week so he did lead the way.