Chapel House Motor Company Limited Advertising Banner
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Jordan Turner

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Learning All The Songs

Default Jordan Turner

Have we ever had a centre that made so many basic handling errrors. I only watch a couple of games live a season and all the televised games, but he seems to drop a couple of easy ones every gamer, or fumble a ball instead of picking it up. It is blooming soul destroying to watch.

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by Glasgowsaint View Post
    Have we ever had a centre that made so many basic handling errrors. I only watch a couple of games live a season and all the televised games, but he seems to drop a couple of easy ones every gamer, or fumble a ball instead of picking it up. It is blooming soul destroying to watch.
    Another one stuck in the comfort zone. He's as ineffective as a pop gun; what does he actually do that's of any significance: his defence is suspect, he has no vision to play stand off and has bulked up to a proportion where he looks a parody of himself. No doubt he is in the head coach's good books for coming out of the gym looking like Bluto.

Learning All The Songs yogi bear's Avatar

Not half as soul destroying as watching his defensive reads - every time he gets drawn to the ball like a moth to a lightbulb leaving his winger 1 on 2 at best.

He must have the worst hands in the league. I remember him surrendering possession by knocking on through his own legs at Leeds this season

If the ball is on the ground 99 times out of a hundred he fails to pick it up properly

Learning All The Songs

He was absolutely dreadful last night.

Noooobie

If the ball was a quarter pounder with cheese he'd manage to pick it up!! He's fatter than our maud but not as quick!!!

Quote Originally Posted by maghullsaint View Post
    He was absolutely dreadful last night.
    He's been dreadful for 2+ years!
    I ate a tuna sandwich on my first day!

In The North Stand With All The Old Folk fishy3005's Avatar

screaming in the family corner, scaring the kiddies

Having just watched the game again this thread should be merged with the worst performance ever thread. I can't think of many worse individual performances in a red vee than Turner last night.

The way he just walks 30yrds infield in the lead up to Broughton's 4th try is just unbelievable - totally oblivious to what was infront of him - and more importantly 'outside him'.
    Also his attempted 'tackle' for Myler's try was atrocious - the clowns on Sky was blaming Walmsley who had covered about 25m from marker to try and cover tackle - never mentioned Turnstile's feeble attempt at a bloke who ran straight at (through) him.

In The South Stand

Completely substandard centre, got no idea how to perform the basics, let alone anything special. Another one with Owens Mc Donnel and Burns who must be given the boot.

Banned

Mr Turner, you should be ashamed of yourself. You had a young winger outside you on Thursday night and offered the kid nothing. You played for yourself and still you where bloody awful. Dawson does not have half the talent you have "and your only average" but at least he tried to help the guy from care in the community who was on his flank. Jordan please take your place with Flannery in the major disappointment signing bracket that our clubs fans should not have been subjected to since 2008.

Learning All The Songs

I think Turner is the only centre or winger currently playing that offers a threat going forward. He takes some stopping. Regarding defensively he is a major problem. We have no obvious replacement in the squad. We can play another Dawson clone who will tighten things up in the tackling department but offer nothing going forward. I feel that is why KC originally played him stand off. Good go forward whilst less prone to a one to one situation at stand off. Last year we had Jones who was far superior to our current centres except Percival but the club did not value him and he moved on. We recruited inferior players and they probably cost more. There is no way we can recruit from the southern hemisphere unless there are hidden strings attached regarding injury or personal issues.

In The North Stand With All The Old Folk The Wee Waa Womble's Avatar

2 years in a row was voted our best player when he was a centre. We looked more of a threat with him out wide close to the line. Yes he should have passed a couple of times but he obviously didn't trust the young lad. That will come with more game time together.
    Forwards win games. The backs decide by how much.

I think the club did value Jones. However, Exeter 'valued' him more...in a sport with a low salary cap that is just reality. I understood that Jones came back to Saints with the Exeter offer. Maybe we simply couldn't manage his demands within the constraints of the cap.

Quote Originally Posted by The Wee Waa Womble View Post
    2 years in a row was voted our best player when he was a centre. We looked more of a threat with him out wide close to the line. Yes he should have passed a couple of times but he obviously didn't trust the young lad. That will come with more game time together.
    That was before he put on about 3 stones - mostly around the backside area. He now has the lateral movement of a 73ft canal boat

IMO Turner is another in a long line of players that the club has ruined.

It is hard to accept that Turner scored an amazing length of the field try for Hull FC against us just a few short years ago. He looked Leon Pryce-esk, speed, footwork, an international stand off/centre in the making.

Now Jordan has been turned from an exciting light footed back into a bulked up second rower. He can't tackle a player or make a clean break but he sure can give a prop a piggy back up a hill on the edge of town or carry a log really, really far. Give the club a couple of years and he will reach his final destination, and we will struggle to tell him and Lama Tasi apart. Then we will release him to either Bradford or Leigh and start ruining another good young player.
    I could agree with you but then we would both be wrong.

Starting A Programme Collection Oldham_Saint's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Noel Cleal View Post
    IMO Turner is another in a long line of players that the club has ruined.

It is hard to accept that Turner scored an amazing length of the field try for Hull FC against us just a few short years ago. He looked Leon Pryce-esk, speed, footwork, an international stand off/centre in the making.

Now Jordan has been turned from an exciting light footed back into a bulked up second rower. He can't tackle a player or make a clean break but he sure can give a prop a piggy back up a hill on the edge of town or carry a log really, really far. Give the club a couple of years and he will reach his final destination, and we will struggle to tell him and Lama Tasi apart. Then we will release him to either Bradford or Leigh and start ruining another good young player.
    As in... v v v
    RHINO balls are like Bon Jovi albums - Slippery When Wet

ST HELENS RFC - Back in business, Thank you Justin Holbrook.

"I turn the TV volume down because these comedians on SKY are speaking a load of rubbish. They're making a simple game complicated with their long-winded, pointless jargon". Kevin Ashcroft

...I think it's a fair slogan for the World Cup. If you come to England and you don't like the weather, TOUGH TITTIES!!! Andrew Voss, PNG vs Samoa, 4:Nov:13

Quote Originally Posted by Oldham_Saint View Post
    As in... v v v
    Fair enough, the individuals I come up will be my opinion, and others may disagree. However if you think about a player at the club and ask the question "what was his best game". If your answer is "one of his first" then I would include him in the bracket of a player the club has let down.

OK start with an easy one, Paul Clough, an academy international Paul was a classic ball running back rower. A running and passing threat on the fringes. A simpler if not more skillful version of a slightly younger player around at the time, Liam Farrell. A 19 years of ages Paul became one of the first players to score a try at the New Wembley.

Now Paul Clough is an undersized bulked up prop playing in the second tier with Bradford. Out sized to match it as a prop in Super League and too bulked and slow to play out wide Paul is a washed up old has-been.

Shawn Maggenis, bulked up, knees couldn't take it. End of story.

Scott Moore dismantled the Aussie school boys on his own. With players like Blake Green and Greg Ingles on the other side, Scott was too much for the Aussies in a victorious tour. An exciting ball playing scrum half that reminded some of us of a Gregory or a Schofield with his dummy and run. Destiny had plans for Scotty however Saints had a different idea for him, after three years on the protein shakes Scott was a fat hooker. Maybe the biggest waste of talent in the clubs history.

Adam Swift (a work in progress, Saints haven't finished f**king up this kid yet): In his first few game Adam had the whole League soiling themselves. Lightning fast and great feet. You gave Adam in inch and he took a mile. Two of Adams first 15 games resulted in Hat Tricks with the second coming in a playoff game against Hull KR. In this time Adam had become Saints most dangerous winger.

Now, Adam this year is bulked up and has lost a lot of his pace. He is not as nimble, resulting in Adam getting tackled by his own shadow against Salford earlier this year.

Other players have simply been mismanaged. John Wilkin a ball playing forward has been used as a working back rower while a player with a similar skill set in Kevin Sinfield has somehow become one of the most celebrated players of all time.

Jamie Foster, a superb goal kicker was allowed to grow lazy and was played out of position given that he was a great centre at academy level.

Dixon, Ashhurst, along with Maggenis were exciting players that were simply just not developed by the club. Ball players used a battering rams.
    I could agree with you but then we would both be wrong.

In the Queens Arms dreading the King coming home early.

Quote Originally Posted by yogi bear View Post
    That was before he put on about 3 stones - mostly around the backside area. He now has the lateral movement of a 73ft canal boat
    That was the aim to make him into a BARGE over player.
    On the Back foot looking for the front one.

Michael Shenton?

Sent from my P023 using Tapatalk

In The North Stand With All The Old Folk Scouse Don's Avatar
    Blatherings on That Saints podcast.Back home in St.Helens and in the South stand for service

Ste Tyrer having a great season at Fax.
    Learned comment from The Don

In The South Stand Nickles Forearm's Avatar

Chris Dean

I agree with with the proposal and thoughts of this thread. JT is not good enough. BUT, he is better than Owns. I watched the Cas match. JT was 18th man. He should have been on the field ahead of Owens. Anyone would have been better than Owens. How strange it felt, missing Turner's physical presence on the edge.

Quote Originally Posted by palmorr View Post
    I agree with with the proposal and thoughts of this thread. JT is not good enough. BUT, he is better than Owns. I watched the Cas match. JT was 18th man. He should have been on the field ahead of Owens. Anyone would have been better than Owens. How strange it felt, missing Turner's physical presence on the edge.
    On the wing?

Sent from my GT-I9195 using Tapatalk

[QUOTE=barry;646319]On the wing?

Anyone would have been better.
    They picked it out of the air, over his head.
    They ran around him.
    The brushed his tackles off..
    Anyone!
    I would even play a man down.
    At least them, Lomax and Peyroux could do their own jobs.